Texas Health Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Barclay Berdan

Pros
Cons
  • No cons in regards to the company (in 9 reviews)

• It's a very big facility, that comes with some disconnect from upper management (in 9 reviews)

1. "Patient Navigator"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Insurance Excellent Supervisor Benefits package pto

Cons

PN has many steps and they change continually. Program management. Onboarding takes a long time.

2. "Talent Aquisition Consultant"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Texas Health!

Cons

Better communication between entity locations and corporate.

Advice to Management

Continue to do training to improve your employees skill and knowledge.

3. "I feel supported but lack resources."

Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative. Through continues process of innovation, THR continues to reach its goals and affect patient outcomes. Not a lot of cons.

Cons

Multiple Fast paced project improvements. As THR drives change, the employees are equally affected by the type and speed all of which are delivered.

Advice to Management

Consider a slower pace with program introductions that won't affect patient care immediately and directly. While THR is a leader in the industry, staff feel inundated with the fast deployment of changes. Overall, #thrproud

4. "Safety focussed, committed to safety & quality for their patients and its employees."

Current Employee - Director in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Allen, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, culture, employee engagement, leadership. Resource rich and cutting edge with a genuine care and commitment to patients, families, visitors and its employees!

Cons

I truly cannot think of any significant cons. There are a lot of continual education and documentation requirements, but this goes to support the high standards of this organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Use THR to get experience in IT then leave to further your career"

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are some really wonderful people at the hospitals! I've made a lot of friends and love them like family.
    Benefits are typical to what you will find anywhere else.
    You can get hired into entry-level positions quickly and then gain experience to try and work your way into a decent position within a few years.

Cons

Company is a HUGE healthcare conglomerate now, so it moves VERY slowly and is plagued with bureaucracy at every level - even with small requests like simply requesting the equipment to do your job. You will constantly feel as though leadership and security NEVER trust you with even the smallest tasks.
    Pay is lower than average for entry-level IT despite what their HR often (inaccurately) claims.
    Also, like all bureaucracies, the leadership is out of touch with the common worker thus they often make decisions and policies that either do not help employees, or worse, hinder their own development.
    On average, there are layoffs every 2 years – mostly affecting the common workers.
    Like most large companies, they use H1-B employees in IT because on the one hand they complain that they can’t find talented U.S. employees yet on the other hand won’t bother to help employees pay for IT training. For this reason, you should not stay at this company for longer than 3-4 years or you will stagnate. Why be loyal to an IT department that is not loyal to your development?

Advice to Management

Start laying off from the top-down instead of the bottom – we have enough VPs and departments that do not make positive measurable progress.
    Stop creating new C-level titles; it is ineffective and gives the impression that only certain executives make a difference in the company.
    Place a moratorium on projects that do not provide value (including upgrades and so-called Security initiatives). Much of the maintenance in IT is not worth the effort and distracts from revenue-generating or cost-cutting projects.
    Reel in IT Security's power and fear-mongering tactics of control. At some point you either TRUST your employees or fire them. Why continually take away their ability to do their job without any input whatsoever from the teams? In the past 3 years, IT Security and ITSM have both increased bureaucracy and decreased productivity with no meaningful results.
    Remove Governance and Project Management from ITS completely. In fact, remove ALL teams from ITS that are not technical in nature. Too many applications analysts are actually in business analyst roles that have nothing really to do with IT. The ITS department needs a serious restructuring that divides business process analysts/consultants and technical analysts - trying to keep both worlds in ITS defeats the purpose of true IT.
    Examine the purpose of the director level in ITS. There are very little useful directors and I feel it is because they lose their purpose – they are supposed to be 70% tactical and 30% strategic in order to be effective in solving internal problems. Most are running at 30% tactical as they become completely out of touch with their staff and the work they do. A director should be actively identifying and negotiating through the roadblocks that their employees have to face in order to make the department and company more efficient; too many are simply trying to become VPs.
    But most of all: leadership at all levels need to identify and engage SMEs in non-management positions to restructure the company. Do not rely on Navigant and 3rd party consultants to tell you what your own employees can tell you for free (and better)! I feel like leadership is yet again asleep at the wheel while we sail toward another iceberg of layoffs. We get this way because managers do not want to tell the whole truth to directors and directors lie to VPs with pretty powerpoint slides and VPs distort the picture to upper leadership and Navigant with meaningless numbers. Meanwhile, no one ever actually takes the time to fix the issues that get us in financial trouble in the first place!

6. "Patient Care Facilitator"

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Leader Role in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Nurse Leader Role in Arlington, TX

I worked at Texas Health Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, friendly staff, good salary

Cons

I honestly cant think of anything

Advice to Management

Listen to clinicians more

7. "Great Place"

Current Employee - RN II in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - RN II in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time

Pros

The pay is freaking awesome, workload is low and nurses are very friendly and helpful. Health benefits really good and priced good. Slow paced compared to other places I've worked. I really like this place compared to my county job. This is a job where a veteran nurse should retire and sit back and be on cruise control. Low volume of patients compared to bigger hospitals.

Cons

Average PTO bance, earn 6.65hrs every 2 weeks. Alot of new grad nurses so alot gets missed, always asking for advise., or they think they know it all They expect you to participate in too many hospital activities, but it's a magnet facility. Not alot of learning opportunities for new nurses due to not being a trauma level. Not many veteran nurses for support. Not deal breakers. Heck I love this place but I've been a nurse for multiple years.

Advice to Management

Need to take a more relaxed approach to coworker coplaints. Will receive emails from other nurse complaining about one another. Have a new manager so I guess she feels like all problems need to be addressed.

8. "Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is fair and benefits ok at best.

Cons

Too many nursing decisions made by managers whom have no idea what is actually going on with the Pt's and try to push their " Research" only to get the credit for themselves and collect their bonus. No credit to the staff that do all the hard work. I have never in my 25 yrs seen this sort of failure to in a hospital (THSW). Nursing staff are NOT supported by management and constantly getting everything dumped on them. Magnet Hospital ? So disappointed.

Advice to Management

Get out there on the floor ( take a load of Pt's) and really see what occurs on a daily basis and things YOU don't correct.

9. "RNII"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits here and a solid company to work for

Cons

Feels like other nurses are being paid more than me

10. "Physician Assistant - Family Practice focus on Geriatrics and Internal Medicine"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Mesquite, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant in Mesquite, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Full autonomy, growth, accountability toward employees, safe environment - physically-mentally, management is available and attentive and listen with response if there are concerns.
    Pros far outweigh the cons - there are cons with any job - not enough to seek out another job at another company.

Cons

Expectations too high with minimal staff to take care of the busy work.
    My drive to work is 1 hour one way.

Advice to Management

None at this time.