Cover image for Texas Instruments

What people are saying about Texas Instruments

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "People were great and the company was great and family environment(in 320 reviews)
  • "good benefit and match program(in 305 reviews)
  • "It is good and good work life balance(in 218 reviews)
  • "Good pay and even better bonuses(in 196 reviews)
  • "They are very welcoming and the culture is very good.(in 122 reviews)
Cons
  • "Cool employee life which moves to poor management for market competition(in 149 reviews)
  • "some bad managers.(in 88 reviews)
  • "Too many layoffs effecting job security(in 55 reviews)
  • "Long hours are asked to work on projects that are then ended before product goes to market.(in 42 reviews)
  • "6) All the upper management cares about is cost reduction and sales.(in 41 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Texas Instruments and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

NCG in TI

Aug 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Taipei
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and can share your ideas Colleagues are all kind and willing to help each other High freedom in working hours and location Competitive pay and good benefits

Cons

Challenging work and require high self-driven & reflection ability

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Decent

Dec 2, 2022 - Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, Decent benefit, moderate work/life balance

Cons

Inadequate work/life balance, micro management from upper management, benefits are okay.

3. Join the Texas Instruments team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Progress is only made if the higher-ups allow it.

Nov 18, 2022 - Photolithography Process Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very safety-oriented. Profit-sharing is nice. Overtime is great, if you can signup early enough for it. I would like for more to be done, but that's not what they would like to spend their money on.

Cons

When bringing up issues, like non-working equipment, lack of support equipment or concerns of trying to meet a quota without all the aforementioned machinery necessary to do so, it can take up to 11-15 months for any progress to be made. Even if it is directly impacting production, morale or causing excessive employee turnover. New supervisors tend to not know the intricacies of the job that the people they are managing are doing. I had a supervisor ask a question, which I could only equate to: Imagine you worked in bakery and your supervisor of over a year, turned to you and asked, "Why do we have an oven?", "What's with all this 'flour' you say you need to run this business?", "Why do we have tons of cake frosting in the storeroom?" It was a 'are you being serious right now' moment. This supervisor was, in fact, being serious. (This was a supervisor who was making MORE than us, yet they didn't even know how our machines worked, or know of the other 2-dozen factors that can inhibit production to our department. They just said we needed to "do better at making quota.")

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Changing culture is not a positive

Nov 27, 2022 - Information Technology
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Compensation is good if you are a top performer - Good opportunities for growth if you are a top performer - Stable company with a long history & strong financial performance

Cons

- The company hires, almost exclusively, only new college graduates. At least in IT. When experienced IT professionals leave or retire, they are replaced with folks right out of college, leading to a constant drain on everyone else dealing with ramping up inexperienced employees. - Almost all focus on opportunities and development are for top performers or new college graduates. If you are an employee who doesn't meet those requirements, little discussion or care is taken about you. In particular if you are an older employee. - The culture has become toxic, with business leaders brought in to lead IT because senior TI leaders believe leaders don't need an IT background. Long term this is going to cause issues with retention & execution.

6. 4.0

better than retail

Dec 4, 2022 - Manufacturing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

work is not especially difficult and atmosphere is generally relaxed. very stable hours and routine.

Cons

very physical. working this position for too long seems to result in injury from repetitive motion. some aspects can also be frustrating.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good company for long term employment

Nov 29, 2022 - Semiconductor Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work arrangement is flexible. The culture is family friendly. Growth opportunities are available.

Cons

Being a large company, sometimes the ability to change quickly is limited.

8. 4.0

Good Company

Nov 30, 2022 - Rotational Program in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at the company is extremely kind and there’s a good workplace culture, the companies also extremely flexible with hours and coming into the office

Cons

the ramping for each role is extremely difficult and sometimes you can be stuck with managers that are unsupportive

9. 5.0

Great Company

Nov 28, 2022 - Equipment Technician in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits. Good pay. Strong saftey culture. You will succeed if you have a strong work ethic and good attitude.

Cons

Work can be overbearing at times.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best companies to work for

Nov 26, 2022 - Procurement Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generous benefits and flexibility Great outlook on growth competitive pay and bonus structure amazing coworkers and super helpful leadership

Cons

can consume your life if you don't set boundaries

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growth

Nov 24, 2022 - Applications Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

All my colleagues encourage learning and developing engineering skills, and encourage me to explore and find my interests and strengths

Cons

Sometimes you have to learn a lot on your own

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,836 Reviews
</>Embed

Texas Instruments Reviews FAQs

Texas Instruments has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 4,780 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Texas Instruments to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Texas Instruments employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Texas Instruments. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

84% of Texas Instruments employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Texas Instruments 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Texas Instruments to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Texas Instruments Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Texas Instruments? Share Your Experiences

Texas Instruments logo

Texas Instruments Careers

Cover image for Texas Instruments

Our work is fascinating, fast-paced and challenging. And it’s our people that make us great. At TI, you’ll collaborate with the smartest...More

• Our culture
  • Manufacturing
  • Early career
  • Engineering

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

19 days ago

Company News
Check out this Q&A with Kyle Flessner, who leads our Technology and Manufacturing Group, on our company’s plans to expand internal manufacturing capacity to support the growing demand for semiconductors for decades to come. We are adding six new 300-millimeter wafer fabs to internally manufacture our broad, diverse portfolio of analog and embedded chips that go into the electronics that touch every part of our lives. We are continuing to grow our company, join us and be a part of building the next era of semiconductor manufacturing!
Shared image - Q&A: How TI is investing in manufacturing capacity to support growth for decades to come
news.ti.com

276 days ago

Company News
Recently, we announced plans to begin construction next year on new 300-mm semiconductor manufacturing factories or “fabs” in Sherman, Texas. The total investment potential at the site could reach approximately $30 billion and create 3,000 jobs over time. Rich Templeton, our chairman, president and CEO shares, “TI’s future analog and embedded processing 300-mm fabs at the Sherman site are part of our long-term capacity planning to continue to strengthen our manufacturing and technology competitive advantage and support our customers’ demand in the coming decades.
Shared image - Texas Instruments to begin construction next year on new 300-mm semiconductor wafer fabrication plants
news.ti.com

Texas Instruments Photos

+ Add Photo
Texas Instruments photo of: Teamwork
Texas Instruments photo of: Sign outside Gate 3 entrance of main manufacturing facility of TI, part of the HQ complex on TI Blvd in Dallas (Photo attributed to Mang9 - licensed under CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0)
Texas Instruments photo of: Women in Engineering