What people are saying about Texas Instruments
Career Advice for Students
The University of Toledo
I’m a senior studying Electrical Engineering with a heavy interest in electronics. I’m going to be joining a research lab next semester, and I will also be doing an internship with Texas Instruments. At my university PHD students with a certain GPA have their PHD paid for and they are paid researchers. Essentially I’d be able to get a PHD in electrical engineering without ever taking out a student loan. Should I go this route, or just enter the workforce in the electronics field with a bs?
Hi Fishers! I am looking for internships/co-op in the areas related to verification, hardware security and computer architecture. Due to sudden change of plans I would be graduating earlier than anticipated (Next year). Any contact or referral will help me in my job/internship quest! Any help is appreciated, thanks :) Intel Corporation Nvidia Apple Microsoft IBM Amazon Ampere Computing LLC Samsung Marvell Arm Tesla Texas Instruments Facebook (Meta) Samsung Semiconductor
Career Advice for Students
University of Florida
Hi Fishers! Due to sudden change of plans I will be graduating earlier than I anticipated (Next year). I am looking for internship/co-op in the areas related to computer architecture, verification and hardware security. Any contact or referral will help me in my job or internship quest Intel Corporation Nvidia Ampere Computing LLC Arm MetaLab Google IBM Amazon Asic Microsoft Samsung Samsung Semiconductor Texas Instruments Tesla Siemens Marvell Cisco Qualcomm Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Got a burning question about Texas Instruments? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Texas Instruments employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People were great and the company was great and family environment" (in 341 reviews)
- "Good benefit and well established company" (in 320 reviews)
- "It is good and good work life balance" (in 249 reviews)
- "Good Co Workers and Pay" (in 218 reviews)
- "They are very welcoming and the culture is very good." (in 144 reviews)
- "Cool employee life which moves to poor management for market competition" (in 167 reviews)
- "Really bad manager we’re there." (in 98 reviews)
- "Too many layoffs effecting job security" (in 54 reviews)
- "Long hours are asked to work on projects that are then ended before product goes to market." (in 48 reviews)
- "6) All the upper management cares about is cost reduction and sales." (in 44 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Texas Instruments and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 81 of over 5K reviews
Updated Sep 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "upper management"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 14, 2012Test EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsDallas, TX
Open door policy which is good for learning. Good compensation compared to others in the area. Lots of opportunity to learn and contribute. Moderate to high work pressure however it is not hard to have a work-life balance here.
Lacks environment to support growth for personnel and partiality and politics is prevalent. Lacks fair growth programs and management participation is low in them. Marred by age old mentality as being an old company and upper level management is resistant to change. Division among various engineering roles lead to friction in team mostly due to lack of respect for other roles. While it seems that being a large company gives more avenues to grow however it is hard to find and materialize a fresh chance. Operating efficiency is on the lower side.
- 3.0Feb 13, 2013Senior Member of Technical StaffFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsDallas, TX
Good pay. Nice office. Flexible work timings
Too much politics. Recent upper management is extremely detached from engineering.1