Texas Roadhouse Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Texas Roadhouse CEO W. Kent Taylor
W. Kent Taylor

1,180 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • I enjoyed to fun environment they provided, along with their great food (in 73 reviews)

• Corporate does fun events such as "Trainer Olympics" which makes for a really fun work environment (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • 3 table sections take some getting used to because sometimes it means less money (in 35 reviews)

• Long hours and always on your feet (in 53 reviews)

1. "I LOVE MY JOB at TXRD."

Current Employee - Support Center Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Support Center Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

People oriented culture makes for a pleasant working atmosphere. There are a lot of employee perks, i.e. food, soda, and social events.

Cons

People skills are valued significantly higher than any other ability. Marginally competent individuals are often seen as stellar based on their personality, which demoralizes the co-workers that have to clean up behind them.

Advice to Management

Focus more on ability when hiring senior staff.

2. "Texas Roadhouse is a great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

Pros

Great concept with a huge emphasis on food quality, sanitation, and service. Committed to keeping their employees happy. They have regular meeting and retreats for management each quarter and have a monthly allotment of funds to spend on the staff for games, contests, and outings.

Cons

A lot of hours, but that's to be expected for a high volume restaurant as a manager. I haven't been offered a raise since I started there five years ago, but I did start out with a higher than average salary for a service manager.

Advice to Management

I guess I would say that I would appreciate some sort of financial goal to achieve for the future. I don't really have a desire to remain a service manager for much longer if my salary is capped.

3. "awesome manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

guests, integrity, passion, pay, fun

Cons

long hours, thanksless at times

Advice to Management

Praise employees often

4. "I went back for more!"

Current Employee - Server in Prescott, AZ
    Current Employee - Server in Prescott, AZ

Pros

I worked at Texas Roadhouse a long time ago while I was going to school and after the economy took a dump, I lost my job. I remember what a fun place it was to work and that I made decent money there. So I went back for more. I am really enjoying myself again.

Cons

Tip out sucks, but it is a something you have to do at EVERY restaurant you work at. It is 3% of your total sales which is pretty standard.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of people who WANT to work out in our community and there are several people who don't seem to want to work in our restaurant. Dump the the slackers and hire more hardworking people.

5. "Excellent Place"

Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Server in Houston, TX

Pros

The work environment is excellent and there are great opportunities to meet new people and make friends. They are very accomodating for requesting particular days off and managing a schedule with going to school.

Cons

As a server you never get a raise.

Advice to Management

n/a

6. "My experience at Texas Roadhouse taught me a lot about providing great customer service especially while having to work."

Current Employee - Hostess in Findlay, OH
    Current Employee - Hostess in Findlay, OH

Pros

The atmosphere is very welcoming and energetic. The work is always fast-paced but a lot of fun at time also.

Cons

The down side would be not having a set schedule, it changed every week.

Advice to Management

Great job! My experience was great.

7. "My experience here has been great."

Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse Hostess in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Texas Roadhouse Hostess in Charlotte, NC

Pros

This ais a really great enviroment everyone is friendly and you will have a great time at work.

Cons

Sometimes the hours. You might not get all the hours you want or to many.

8. "I have had a positive relationship with the people at Texas Roadhouse for the past 6+ years as part-time employment."

Current Employee - Server in Royersford, PA
    Current Employee - Server in Royersford, PA

Pros

-Show respect and loyalty, get it in return from management
    -Energetic, fun work environment
    -Occasionally there are daily contests for servers as performance incentives
    -Family-feel amongst most employees

Cons

-Rely almost purely on making tips, very little paycheck (typical of most, if not all restaurants)
    -There is no "calling-off" from a shift. You MUST have it covered by another employee, no matter what.

Advice to Management

-Every shift should have a contest amongst servers. Contests keep most servers interested in pushing what is requested of them if there is a little something to be gained at the end of the night.

9. "Respect"

Current Employee - Hostess and Server in East Greenwich, RI
    Current Employee - Hostess and Server in East Greenwich, RI

Pros

Very conceded about making YOU more money. Friendly atmosphere. Very upbeat. Co-workers feel like family.

Cons

Some managers not very respectful. Frown upon workers being very sick.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your employees.

10. "Better pay than sitting at a desk"

Current Employee - Server in Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Server in Topeka, KS

Pros

People oriented, good company culture, our store is very open and competitive. Hiring is constant and you can be a server with little experience, if you have no experience you might be placed into bussing or hosting until you get the environment. I also like working with people of all ages.

Cons

Not meant for people that can't think on their feet or don't do well in a fast-paced environment. Of course with any college based employee base, drama is present, but you can avoid it.

Advice to Management

I want to work my way up to the corporate level, there should be more opportunities to visit, intern, or apply for these positions starting in the beginning.

Showing 1,180 of 1,186 reviews