Texas Trust Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 45 reviews

3.6
Texas Trust Credit Union CEO Jim Minge
Jim Minge
  1. "Best Company I ever worked for"

Former Employee - EVP/CIO in Arlington, TX

I worked at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After retiring from the Navy in 1994, I worked for 6 companies before coming to Texas Trust and I’m proud to say Texas Trust was the best company I worked for in my 25 years of civilian jobs. The exec team works very closely together and honestly care for the employees and members. The employees are terrific and there’s are stories after stories of employees going the extra mile to help members, the community and... each other.

Cons

If you aren’t up to working in a commune minded and fast growing company, then this may not be the place for you. The motto is to work hard, take care of the members and have some fun while doing it.

Advice to Management

Never let go of the family first atmosphere and striving to help members improve their financial well being.

Texas Trust Credit Union2019-03-03

March 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for the outstanding review about Texas Trust. Your review encompasses what we’re trying to achieve for our employees. We are happy to hear that you’re content with our corporate culture and work environment. We will miss you terribly. Thanks again for your feedback.

2. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Arlington, TX

I worked at Texas Trust Credit Union part-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Texas Trust and the pay was good for what it was. Provided great training to new bank tellers and hired me without bank teller experience.

Cons

My manager just wasn't great with giving us time off. Have heard that has improved with new management.

Texas Trust Credit Union2019-09-06
  3. "Good company, bad production motivators"

Current Employee - Universal Banker

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, slow in some branches, promotional abilities in house if you work hard at it, good commission for sales if you're good at it

Cons

Hours, management, low pay, occasional Saturday off (maybe once a month if lucky)

Texas Trust Credit Union2019-04-17
  4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Online Service Advisor

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time

Pros

Very Friendly, Family, Close knit work environment. I can say the people are very open/ accepting to the needs and concerns of others. The company overall is great and really cares about its mission of "Building Brighter Financial Futures." During my time here I have never met a person that seemed to be unprofessional/ rude. Everyone is very nice and courteous.

Cons

The company seems to be growing, but it is hard to move into a higher paying position. The raises are very minimal and There is very little room for financial advancement. There are no opportunities to work extra time or over time, even for a couple of hours.

Advice to Management

Offer a more competitive salary and take care of the individuals you have, by ensuring they are comfortable financially. I would also like to state that it is great to have a "team" like environment, but every manager should have their employees back/ never throw them under the bus. I want to know that my manager will go to bat for me when the occasion arises. No one should be able to tell my manager something... about me/ what I've done that he/she doesn't already know. Treat all of your employees like adults not as if they are less educated/ or as a child. Be consistent with all communication.

Texas Trust Credit Union2019-03-27

March 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you so much for the outstanding review about Texas Trust. Your review encompasses what we’re trying to achieve for our employees. We are happy to hear that you’re content with our corporate culture and work environment. Thanks again for your feedback.

5. "Former Member Service Representative"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Potlucks, recognitions for employee of the month, performance updates quarterly, weekly goal updates, prizes and awards, recognition of birthdays, recognition of job anniversary, food catering for meeting referral goals, unity, team spirit, fun management personalities, CEO visits call center, meetings with CEO during training and in general, clean environment

Cons

Manager can come off as rude and unrofessional Unrealistic talk time goal of 2:50

Advice to Management

Make sure all MSS know how to explain things in training just like the managers so there will be no confusion. Try to understand where the employee is coming from instead of always wanting to be in control and one sided. Fully investigate situations before making accusations... so use cameras more as well.

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-09-15

March 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

6. "Financial Service Officer"

Current Employee - Financial Service Officer in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nine to five Employee Line of Credit

Cons

Have to Work Every Saturday Inadequate Training / Roleplaying Exercises No overtime Incentive Plan

Advice to Management

My biggest piece of advice I can give my current managers is to act like they care a little more. I told them multiple times that I wasn't happy and felt unappreciated but they didn't do anything except call our AVP to talk it out.

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-07-18
  7. "Teller-PT"

Former Employee - PT Teller

I worked at Texas Trust Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is good, well balanced and covers several aspects. Co-workers are generally friendly and willing to help. Most management is very supportive and encouraging. Community involvement is outstanding.

Cons

Management is Average, not much support. Outlying branches receive little support from Hub Branches. Not family friendly, guilt tripped if your child is sick and have to miss work.

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-06-11
  8. "Employement with Texas Trust Credit Union"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I worked at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The employees you work with really become part of the family. You develop bonds that will last for a lifetime.

Cons

It's a smaller company, so their compensation isn't as competitive as bigger locations, but is getting better.

Advice to Management

Be flexible with your team, without letting them walk over you. They will work harder and make you look good. That's what we did, so our manager is awesomely, amazing!

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-05-03
  9. "Best company I’ve ever worked for"

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union

Pros

Company culture, work family balance, CEO really cares about members and employees and they live their mission statement. Growing quickly but responsibly and adding new assets and membership every day.

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing everything you’re doing

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-04-26
  10. "Lead Teller"

Current Employee - Lead Teller in Athens, TX

I have been working at Texas Trust Credit Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. There are incentives in place to compensate employees.

Cons

Texas Trust as a whole is a pretty good place to work. My location needed some adjustments made that I did not for see being made anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Could improve tremendously...

Texas Trust Credit Union2018-04-27