Textron Employee Reviews about "work environment"
69% would recommend to a friend
(43 total reviews)
Scott C. Donnelly
86% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good people and usually interesting work." (in 77 reviews)
- "We were payed well and the benefits were good." (in 49 reviews)
- "Good pay and some people you work with" (in 37 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance but with the expectation that you can be called upon for nights/weekend work every once in a while." (in 31 reviews)
- "The culture is great at the company." (in 19 reviews)
- "Extremely disorganized and poor management." (in 33 reviews)
- "Lots of layoffs around all the business units." (in 18 reviews)
- "Upper management was aware of a bunch of problems with the crew when they hired me, and did not give me a heads up of what I was walking into." (in 15 reviews)
- "Poor leadership and under paid" (in 13 reviews)
- "Office politics gone mad." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Textron and is not affected by filters.
Found 43 of over 971 reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 6, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
good work environment new software u get to learn if you join as an intern good stiffened as per the industry standard
no guarantee that you will be converted in to permanent employee
- 4.0Jun 4, 2021InternshipCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearBengaluru
Work life balance is great. Work environment is good
Old technology stack Salary for freshers is very less If you want to grow big in your career I don't recommend it for freshers. If you want to settle down in a company for a long time, its the best one.
- 5.0Jul 28, 2019Senior AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBengaluru
Work environment and shift timing is great. No night shift like other companies.
Till now i have not figured out any.
- 4.0Oct 1, 2015Engineering InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearWilmington, MA
I was in the Wilmington, MA location. The work environment is laid back and people are easy to get along with. They pair you with a mentor as an intern which was helpful. You also get to work on actual projects. Having this experience has opened many doors for me within Textron as well. Pay is decent for an intern and they give you a housing bonus of $1,500. Flexible work hours.
Low job security being a defense contractor. I wasn't offered a full-time job after the internship due to lack of upcoming work. They don't negotiate full-time intern or entry level salaries. Large turnover lately has led to some gaps in leadership.
- 3.0May 7, 2018Mechanical EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Good people to work with. Fun environment to work in
Awful management. Decisions made from their level trickle down and they move on while we deal with the consequences.
- 4.0Dec 17, 2017Leadership Development ProgramFormer Employee, more than 1 yearProvidence, RI
Stimulating work environment with great opportunity for training and advancement.
Low compensation with old school corporate culture.1