- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- Nepal - All Cities
- - Central Region
- - Kathmandu, Nepal Area
- - Kathmandu
Found 79 of over 81 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "the people were great to work with" (in 15 reviews)
- "The culture is great and we say Thanx to each other every week." (in 12 reviews)
- "I've never been part of a more driven, energetic team." (in 7 reviews)
- "Everyone is extremely passionate about the company, and the perks are hard to beat." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great leadership." (in 6 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 31, 2021 - User Support Specialist in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I get to work remote full time, choose my hours, and I love working with the whole team. Very collaborative and I feel heard. My day to day can vary, but generally I enjoy the work and the opportunities/challenges I’m given help me stay on my toes
I have found it difficult to negotiate my pay raise after being employed for one year (3 months contract + 9 months full time). Would have been better if it was more clear upon hiring, as I may have reconsidered. I feel like I am doing all of the work of the position above me but I haven’t been compensated accordinglyContinue reading
So thrilled you're having a great experience at Thanx and I hope that recent transparency around our promotion and pay review cycles have given you even more confidence in a long-term career at Thanx.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 27, 2022 - SDR ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Nice people and managers hold people accountbale
Theyre not making any more and they treat workers poorly
This is a fake review. We do no have any SDRs/SDR Managers in the company.
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
the people were great to work with
the role could have been expanded on
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great office culture and people
It involved a lot of cold calling.
We have not employed any SDRs for over three years so this review cannot be from a "current employee". I am aware that a number of our SDRs were laid off at that time as we sought to (had to!) pivot the business away from SMB cold calling to move upmarket... which has succeeded. Thanx is a very different workplace these days and we are proud of the overwhelming positive feedback from all levels of the business; this review is clearly a very outdated exception. I hope you've found great work experiences since leaving; we work hard to support our alumni.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 9, 2021 - SDR Manager in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Had decent sales leadership
- Plan to scale wasn't well thought outContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Almost everyone at Thanx is here because they are excited to be part of something bigger than themselves. They are passionate about building something and they expect their job to be more than a paycheck. They care about one another and generally want to succeeed as a team. That doesn't mean they aren't interested in building their own career and skills, but they don't want to do it at the expense of their peers.
The company is competing in a difficult category with established competitors and a fickle buying community. Things don't come easy and everyone has to be prepared to innovate and push past initial obstacles to get win. The software offering is expansive and it means individuals can be asked to cover a lot of ground whether you are full stack engineer a customer success manager, or a sales rep. This is true solutions based selling and service delivery and you need to be mentally facile to keep up.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 20, 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- The team, particularly leadership, and the company culture which emphasizes empathy and stays true to our company values - Engaging, fulfilling, and challenging work - We don't have ridiculous startup perks, and because of that, the company prioritizes compensation & not over indexing when things get tough (like during COVID)
- We're currently a fairly homogenous team in terms of key identity markers (but worth noting that the company at large is actively working on improving here)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 21, 2020 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Strong leadership that values employees input - Maintains transparency around company direction and decisions
- Nothing comes to mind
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Oct 20, 2020 - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Extremely down-to-earth and family-oriented culture. People are constantly rewarded for their hard work.
Classic start-up growing pains, but we learn, and we move on.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Since the company is small, there are a lot of opportunities for growth. It's exciting to work on a product that has such a positive effect on brick & mortar businesses' engagement with their customers. The company culture is embraced by everyone, especially now that we're all working remotely.
Since it is such a small team, we are challenged to wear many hats, which can bring people outside of their comfort zones
Thanx Reviews FAQs
Thanx has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 81 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Thanx to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
82% of Thanx employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thanx 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.