Cover image for Thanx

82% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 79 of over 81 reviews

4.4
Thanx CEO/Founder Zach Goldstein  (no image)
Zach Goldstein

Technical Account Manager

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "the people were great to work with(in 15 reviews)
  • "The culture is great and we say Thanx to each other every week.(in 12 reviews)
  • "I've never been part of a more driven, energetic team.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Everyone is extremely passionate about the company, and the perks are hard to beat.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great leadership.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company dynamic, great benefits, flexibility

Jan 31, 2021 - User Support Specialist in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work remote full time, choose my hours, and I love working with the whole team. Very collaborative and I feel heard. My day to day can vary, but generally I enjoy the work and the opportunities/challenges I’m given help me stay on my toes

Cons

I have found it difficult to negotiate my pay raise after being employed for one year (3 months contract + 9 months full time). Would have been better if it was more clear upon hiring, as I may have reconsidered. I feel like I am doing all of the work of the position above me but I haven’t been compensated accordingly

2 people found this review helpful

Founder and CEO

So thrilled you're having a great experience at Thanx and I hope that recent transparency around our promotion and pay review cycles have given you even more confidence in a long-term career at Thanx.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Tough Place to work

Jun 27, 2022 - SDR Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and managers hold people accountbale

Cons

Theyre not making any more and they treat workers poorly

Founder and CEO

This is a fake review. We do no have any SDRs/SDR Managers in the company.

3. Join the Thanx team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

good intro role

Apr 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

the people were great to work with

Cons

the role could have been expanded on

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

It was ok...

Mar 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great office culture and people

Cons

It involved a lot of cold calling.

Founder and CEO

We have not employed any SDRs for over three years so this review cannot be from a "current employee". I am aware that a number of our SDRs were laid off at that time as we sought to (had to!) pivot the business away from SMB cold calling to move upmarket... which has succeeded. Thanx is a very different workplace these days and we are proud of the overwhelming positive feedback from all levels of the business; this review is clearly a very outdated exception. I hope you've found great work experiences since leaving; we work hard to support our alumni.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sep 9, 2021 - SDR Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Had decent sales leadership

Cons

- Plan to scale wasn't well thought out

7. 5.0

Everyone Pulls Together

Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Almost everyone at Thanx is here because they are excited to be part of something bigger than themselves. They are passionate about building something and they expect their job to be more than a paycheck. They care about one another and generally want to succeeed as a team. That doesn't mean they aren't interested in building their own career and skills, but they don't want to do it at the expense of their peers.

Cons

The company is competing in a difficult category with established competitors and a fickle buying community. Things don't come easy and everyone has to be prepared to innovate and push past initial obstacles to get win. The software offering is expansive and it means individuals can be asked to cover a lot of ground whether you are full stack engineer a customer success manager, or a sales rep. This is true solutions based selling and service delivery and you need to be mentally facile to keep up.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good people, unafraid to make the tough calls

Oct 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The team, particularly leadership, and the company culture which emphasizes empathy and stays true to our company values - Engaging, fulfilling, and challenging work - We don't have ridiculous startup perks, and because of that, the company prioritizes compensation & not over indexing when things get tough (like during COVID)

Cons

- We're currently a fairly homogenous team in terms of key identity markers (but worth noting that the company at large is actively working on improving here)

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that values your voice and transparency

Oct 21, 2020 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Strong leadership that values employees input - Maintains transparency around company direction and decisions

Cons

- Nothing comes to mind

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

My favorite place Ive ever worked!

Oct 20, 2020 - Operations Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely down-to-earth and family-oriented culture. People are constantly rewarded for their hard work.

Cons

Classic start-up growing pains, but we learn, and we move on.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Strong company values

Oct 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since the company is small, there are a lot of opportunities for growth. It's exciting to work on a product that has such a positive effect on brick & mortar businesses' engagement with their customers. The company culture is embraced by everyone, especially now that we're all working remotely.

Cons

Since it is such a small team, we are challenged to wear many hats, which can bring people outside of their comfort zones

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews
</>Embed

Thanx Reviews FAQs

Thanx has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 81 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Thanx to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Thanx employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Thanx. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

82% of Thanx employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Thanx 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Thanx to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be benefits .