Tharaldson Hospitality Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Tharaldson Hospitality Management Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

4.0
Tharaldson Hospitality Management CEO Aimee Fyke  (no image)
Aimee Fyke
Pros
  • "I have been working for Tharaldson Hospitality for almost a year now and I can only attempt to put into words how grateful I am for this opportunity(in 12 reviews)

• "Company is growing and looks to promote from within(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Especially when his laziness had been explained to upper management(in 12 reviews)

• "Nothing negative, just happy to be part of Tharaldson Team(in 8 reviews)

1. "Tharaldson Payroll Coordinator"

Current Employee - Payroll Coordinator in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Tharaldson Hospitality Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been working for Tharaldson Hospitality Management less than a year and I can say it has been the greatest opportunity. I can truly say I enjoy my position, workplace, and the constant support from our team. I am excited for my future within this company, and the room for growth is not only exciting but motivational. I enjoy being challenged in a position. I have had the opportunity to learn and grow so... much in such a short period of time. Our management has compassion for their employees and strives to set their employee's up for success. The benefits, schedule, and programs offered have been a bonus. I would recommend Tharaldson Hospitality Management to anyone who is considering a career in hospitality.

Cons

I do not have any cons to note at this time.

Advice to Management

I appreciate you! I am so grateful to work for such an amazing team.

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-09-13
  2. "Excellent upper management and opportunities to advance"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Tharaldson Hospitality Management full-time

Pros

It is a family, not just a place to work.

Cons

no cons at all, whatsoever

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-09-12
  3. "Don't Waste Your Time Working Here!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

I haven't really found any yet!

Cons

Way too many to list! I'm looking daily for a new position!

Advice to Management

While certain individuals that are close with upper-management are allowed to work at the hotels, it is not fair to the rest of the employees as they get away with everything! They make their own schedules, make their own rules, and even basically pick their own pay scales! Also, Area Management (Vegas) is HORRIBLE! Extremely rude, constantly belittles people in front of others, cuts people off when they are talking... and is very unprofessional! Our Corporate Office has NO idea as to what really goes on here in Vegas – great, hard working individuals get terminated, while others barely sneak by....just look at all the reviews on other sites about the Las Vegas hotels and working here; it's right in front of you! Favoritism at its best! DO NOT work here!

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-09-06
  4. "Excellent management and company!!"

Current Employee - Executive Housekeeper in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

This company truly recognizes all employees and makes them feel important. This past Christmas I received a very unexpected bonus which is so appreciated. It helped me and my fam in unexpected ways. The company also goes above to celebrate employee appreciation week. Amie Fyke always thanks us for our hard work

Cons

it is a hard job physically but that is expected in my department

Advice to Management

Continue to make your employees feel appreciated for all their hard work

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-07-09
  5. "THM takes care of its people!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Corona, CA

I have been working at Tharaldson Hospitality Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Tharaldson since 2018 in a GM role, and from the very beginning I have received support, encouragement and guidance from Rich, Dean, Aimee and the rest of the corporate department leaders... I have certainly felt part of a team of committed people. They all gave me an opportunity to prove myself. Thank you! Aside from this, benefits are great including 401(k) with a match plus a profit sharing plan.... I have to say that I have read some of the negative reviews left here for Tharaldson but I am a firm believer that you get what you are worth in most cases. If you are an exemplary employee you get nothing but support and encouragement.

Cons

None. I understand it is a business and we have to bring results. Hopefully others understand that too.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always being there. Keep growing and succeeding.

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-07-05

July 5, 2019E Commerce Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your great experience with Tharaldson! We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with us and felt supported and encouraged by our leadership teams. We appreciate your hard work in making THM a success!

6. "Growing leaps and bounds!"

Current Employee - ADOS in Sacramento, CA

Pros

THMC is growing and always listening and looking for ways to improve. It is an exciting time to be on the team and the future looks bright. They are listening and rolling out new systems, ideas and programs to improve.

Cons

Change is hard and consistent. When a company is growing as fast and steady as Tharaldson is, nothing is black & white. If you can handle that, you will love working for THMC.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the team members!

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-07-05

"I'm up for the Challenge!"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Visalia, CA

Pros

Having worked for several franchise hotels over the years I can see why Tharaldson Hospitality has maintained its success. Starting with the unbelievable involvement and training provided by corporate level sales and support down to the front line staff hired into a community of guest love mentality. Its easy to love working for a company that believes in structure without micromanaging and strength in numbers. A... company that promotes from within and opens doors of opportunity for those willing to go the extra mile. In a society that often celebrates mediocrity it's refreshing to be apart of a company that encourages self enrichment, participates in motivating competition and challenges each and every person to keep advancing. I have worked for Tharaldson Hospitality for just under two years as an Assistant General Manager along side my mentor and boss; someone who has coached me through late night pnl critiques, QA readiness and team building. Not to mention Regional Managers that visit to praise and teach instead of accuse and shame for every imperfection. For a company like Tharaldson to attract great people like these they must be doing something right. Perks: Competitive wages..Incredible support system..Humble leadership that believes that success starts from the bottom and works it's way up. Take care of your team and they will take care of your guests!

Cons

Hospitality is not an industry for everyone. Long hours, blood, sweat and tears but it does take a village to succeed and Tharaldson provides it, "IF" your willing to put in the effort.

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-06-21

July 5, 2019E Commerce Marketing

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed your time with our company! We strive to make Tharaldson Hospitality the best in the business. It is with hardworking individuals like you, willing to put in the work, we can achieve our goals. We love being able to promote from within and empower our team to succeed! Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

8. "Amazing company to work for."

Current Employee - General Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

I have been with the company for over 8 months. I've seen it grow, and I've seen the tremendous effort the team takes to ensure everyone feels appreciated. I've heard countless times "thank you for your efforts", and felt it was meant. I love my job. Lots of opportunities for growth as the company continued to grow, very employee driven company, rescent has allowed me to advance and grow my career unlike any other... company I have worked for. The managers and business model all ensure that I have the tools I need to learn and grow everyday. They really care about their employees' success, Thank you Tharaldson.

Cons

Nothing negative, just happy to be part of Tharaldson Team.

Advice to Management

Keep the great job.

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-06-21

July 5, 2019E Commerce Marketing

Thank you for your amazing review! We are proud to be able to help our fantastic team succeed , reach their full potential, and grow with our company. We appreciate all your hard work in helping to make THM a success! Keep up the good work!

"Career Limiting Company"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Tharaldson Hospitality Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lot's of new hotels in the pipeline

Cons

Terribly micromanaged from the top down. No say as a GM in anything that you do. Awful culture of fear with threats. Please do yourself a favor and look for othe ropportunities

Advice to Management

Hire a new COO

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-07-25

"Worst company"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Tharaldson Hospitality Management full-time

Pros

There are no pros with this company

Cons

Micromanaging, Regionals are overbearing, you can't properly run a staff without them telling you what to do and how to do it. Long hours, no support. Cult like company

Advice to Management

Good luck

Tharaldson Hospitality Management2019-07-26