That's Great News Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working on projects that involve great news for customers and working with modern systems and very competent associates. Understanding of personnel needs when it means some flexible time.

Cons

Would like to make more money and have some of my ideas implemented quicker.

Advice to Management

I think the team concept and interaction between departments could be better.
    Sometimes feel like we are competing with our own people (marketing) and we can do more interaction with research to get leads called on immediately.

2. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at That's Great News for 5+ years, I love working here is always fun, and the management team is very supported, over all great positive culture.
    As a mom I really like being able to work from home when I need to stay home, great work life balance.

Cons

Cant think of one.

Advice to Management

Keep doing an amazing job!

3. "That's Great News Employment"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Consistently working to improve and grow as a company. Offers 401K. Casual atmosphere. Loyalty appreciated and observed. Incentives in place for rewards. Many employees have been with the company for over 5 years.

Cons

Communication between department heads does not always trickle down to employees. Due to the smaller environment, employees tend to wear many hats that does not always coincide with compensation.

4. "Survey"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than a year)

Pros

positive environment, not overly stressful, real goal to better/grow company

Cons

not much current growth opportunity. need to earn vacation days/no sick days.

Advice to Management

Continue to check seats and overall moral of employees.

5. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at That's Great News full-time

Pros

Excellent communication between management and employees . Collaborative work environment where employees are encouraged to share ideas.

Cons

Located in a rural setting away from cafes and shops.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good communication & encouragement.

6. "Selling plaques"

I have been working at That's Great News full-time

Pros

It's a great atmosphere and a great product to sell. There is some flexiblity in the schedulle.

Cons

Im not sure if there are any con at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

7. "What can we do as a company?"

Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Small Business Account Manager in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management works with employees to create a great atmosphere, Very easy to communicate with management. Always trying to upgrade better programs and products to help Sales and production.

Cons

Possibly up grading the server or Computer networking to be faster for some departments

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with all the things you been working on regarding employee benefits, Increase production rates and quality.

8. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A benefit of working for this company is that you have a management that has an open door policy. Providing an individual with the opportunity to express concerns and to have those concerns heard and addressed in a prompt manner. The opportunity to make a comfortable living is given to you and the company provides you with the necessary tools to do so.

Cons

Some downside to working for the company is that quality control isn't been up to standards. Although, employees have a huge part in that as well. What gets sent to customers doesn't always match the proof in the system. The plaque proofs in the opportunities could be checked a little better to make sure what is being sent is correct based on the proofs in the system and the descriptions from the employee. Another con is the vocally negative comments expressed aloud about the systems in place. This can become extremely disruptive amongst a sales room floor.

Advice to Management

As an employee this is difficult for me to say but, it is the reality of the fact. Some of us employees need to be micro managed.

9. "An overall great place to work"

Former Employee - Publication Researcher in Prospect, CT
    Former Employee - Publication Researcher in Prospect, CT

I worked at That's Great News full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The general manager is extremely organized which sets the rest of the company up to be organized as well. The company is always looking for new ways to change things up and grow. They're willing and open to take new suggestions for improvement from their employees. The HR department is also very helpful in resolving any matters at hand and the manager for the Research department is prompt with organization, a great manager, and great at facilitating weekly meetings and goals. This is a company that has yearly and 3-year plans and desires to grow, change, and develop as a whole. The CEO of this company is a numbers guy and is always striving for new, better, and higher goals. An overall great "bus driver" for the bus.

Cons

Pay could be better; sick time, personal time, and vacation time not offered. Vacation vouchers are handy, but not 100% effective.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive for new and higher goals. Give other employees, besides those that are already in management, the opportunity to move up the ladder.

10. "Make learning a priority"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at That's Great News full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong leadership team, that meets weekly to keep company in line with the vision and goals. Solid accountability chart , and management tools in place to be sure all employees are in the right "seat".

Cons

We are always testing if there is a better way. So this could be to fast paced for some.

Advice to Management

Continuing cross training employees, and including the entire team in projects to continue making learning a priority!