The ACI Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Systems Analyst"

Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Computer Systems Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with ACI for several years as a contractor to government agencies. They were excellent at matching my skill set to jobs I applied for through ACI and for which I was hired. Management met with me occasionally to see how things were going on the job. Great company.

Cons

It would have been great to have someway to update skills via training, online training, tuition and certification reimbursement.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have training, tuition, and certification reimbursement assistance if at all possible.

"For the most part, great experience."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was promoted several times and had excellent mentors. Had the freedom to create new programs and structure for the recruiting department. I was quickly able to make a lot in commission and commission was paid monthly.

Cons

Other employees weren't happy which created bad energy. It seemed liked management didn't communicate or share the same goals.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and communicate better with the team.

3. "Nice experience with ACI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The ACI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ACI has done a great job finding me a position. My recruiter was professional and worked to place me in a good position that I really like. As a consultant, I receive benefits, which is great. The staff has been very nice and is always responsive.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of at this time. I've encountered no issues with ACI.

Advice to Management

From what I can tell, it seems that ACI treats people well and is a professional organization.

4. "Nice recruiters, no leadership"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at The ACI Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location and casual Fridays.

Cons

I was brought on as an intern and was given no leadership and tasks that have no positive relationship to my career. I feel as though I was robbed of a learning experience that every college intern deserves and now i am unprepared to find a job in the field. Only spoke briefly with ONE maanger in the entire 5 months of the internship.

Advice to Management

Learn how to teach and lead and actually engage with your employees.

"Not a Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at The ACI Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Office, Nice location, Bagels on Fridays?

Cons

Poor Leadership
    No Training/Support
    High Turnover and No Job Security

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees and you will get more back in return. Employees feel very disposable working at ACI.

"Skin Deep"

Pros

The office and location are really nice

Cons

The account executives are incompetent... enjoy a free-for-all of job requirements with no formal recruitment training. The leadership is Micromanages by a CEO who spends all of his time in Florida. Stagnant clients, Stagnant Recruiting

Advice to Management

the leaders need to learn how to lead. The Account executives need to learn how to take criticism

"Great Learning Experience for Self-Starters | Not Long-Term Employer"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience for those looking to break into the tech community and or gain experience in staffing IF your a self-starter and willing to get crafty with little direction from anyone. Pay and benefits are solid.

Cons

Leadership is extremely friendly but has failed to adapt to an ever changing Staffing landscape; you will receive very little direction from anyone.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to change company dynamic to better position yourselves for success in the local IT staffing industry.

"Wouldn't recommend working here"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at The ACI Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office location, located near fells point so close to resetaurants and bars.

Cons

Extreme high turnover. Replace almost 100% of staff in 6 months time and hire new people to bring on. There are only about 3 people who have made it over a year. Very disorganized and boys club atmosphere. Unpleasant CEO. Management are not easy to work with and "shy". My advice would be to work for a larger company with more job security structure. I know many people who have been burned by working here. I sincerely think it's a mistake for people to take a job here, reach out to any former employees on LinkedIn and they will give you the same feedback.

Advice to Management

I would invest more time in your employees. I would concentrate on what you do best whether that be sales or recruiting and not feel the need to put most senior recruiter in management role if they are not a good manager. I think The ACI Group are a decent group of people but they really don't know how to run a business properly or retain any employees. Best of luck.