The Acquisition Group Marketing Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Marketing Manager

4.8
Farid Vaziri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Before working for The Acquisition Group I never really knew what a "supportive" and "healthy" work environment really was (in 19 reviews)

• They way the advancement structure is shaped in the company is commendable (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough (in 42 reviews)

• The Acquisition Group is contracted by Telus communication to do door to door promotion (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge empasis on team work, which creates great office culture in every location around the country.
    Opportunities to travel to different cities. I had a chance to work in 22 different communities all over BC and Alberta.
    Great support of top management.
    Fantastic advancement structure, with huge opportunities to grow. You just have to be commited and you will be surprised how fast you can grow here.
    Money! You commission for sales is more than fair, you work hard and you will be more than happy about your cheque.
    Entertainment. Regular team nights with huge budgets in order to lift or maintain great team spirit.

Cons

Really, there are only two aspects of the job which some people can see as disadvantages:
    Long hours. It took me about 2 weeks to get used to this hours. But once again you getting fairly compensated for working that long.
    Commision-based job. I was worried about it at first, but actually I think its better than getting paid hourly, since I think you performance is compensated more fairly.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding and giving us more opportunities and more products to sell. Cheers!:)

"My experience at TAG"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group (More than a year)

Pros

I started in september 2014, what apealed to me about the position was the payment and performance based advancement wich means you can write your own paycheque and promote yourself. What I've found is from day one TAG's goal is to put you in an atmosphere of growth in a fun environment. Since I started I've had the oppurtunity to wear many hats and learned many valueble long term transferable skills, like conducting interviews, team leadership, public speeking, sales, and communication among many other things. I could talk about the crazy oppurtunity for growth, or the great pay, or the personal and professional development that comes with meating many new people a day, but the best part about TAG is the team culture, I've never seen a company that has attracted so many fun outstanding people!

Cons

Working at TAG is whaf you want it to be, if your not driven to achieve results, it can be unforgiving.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a fantastic job!

"My Time at TAG"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Performance based
    Professional atmosphere
    Opportunity to grow
    Learn valuable skills such as conducting interviews, creating workshops and being a team leader

Cons

Your team always motivates you but you need to have strong self motivation in place

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

"Lots of opportunity!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great company to get you going on sales and teach you everything you need to know. Amazing opportunity to go through some eye opening workshops. This job makes you raise the bar, set goals and achieve them. Great team of managers!

Cons

I'm sitting here wondering what to say... It's a great company! No Cons!!

Advice to Management

keep up the great work! More team nights!

5. "great opportunity for recent graduates and advancement structure"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very helpful management team,positive office environment. frequent team night, great and helpful every workshop, supporting team leader. opportunity for growth

Cons

long work hour, intense workshop, work on weekend sometimes

Advice to Management

needs to send agents to different offices to learn more offten

The Acquisition Group Response

Mar 28, 2016 – Human Resources

On behalf of The Acquisition Group team, thank you for your valued feedback. We very much like your suggestion of enabling team members to visit other office locations for perspective into their... More

6. "Excellent training ground to develop yourself and have fun at the same time"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You don't need much experience to start since there is intensive training. Learning different skills that you weren't even aware of even if you weren't in the work force before, or from a completely different industry. Working with different people with different backgrounds and you get the experience that you particular look for

Cons

Learning curve is different for everyone, hence a lot of individuals give up in the beginning because some might not be studying or self-driven. Challenges arise in which an individual needs to be self-aware and organize himself/herself

Advice to Management

Management definitely accept feedbacks

"My time at TAG"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

I started at the Acquisition Group in January of 2014 in the Vancouver office. Having just graduated from University I had little practical job experience to bring to the table. During my interview my future manager said the most important things I needed to be successful at the job was determination and hard work, that experience would come later. With these words in mind I started as a junior marketing consultant in an entry level sales role. A year later I was in a management position helping to start a new office. The only way this was possible was the incredible learning opportunities and training that was afforded to me here at TAG and every day I’m grateful I get to work with such a wonderful talented group of people.

Cons

Sometimes, especially when I was first starting, there seemed to be a ton of new information to be processed all the time and that can seem a little overwhelming. There is always 2 or 3 people around ready to help you when you need it however and as you gain more experience you become better at processing all the information until you are the one helping new people out!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work as far as training and new opportunities go! As long as you keep offering room for advancement and challenging work along with invaluable experience and a great corporate culture we'll continue to succeed!

"My experience with this company was ok."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Good for gaining sales/management experience with no prior experience.
    Fairly Autonomous.
    Good training.

Cons

Long Evening Hours.
    Hard work.
    Can be very cold in the winter as it was door-to-door.

Advice to Management

False impressions in the interview cause a lot of recruits to leave very quickly.

"Best Opportunity to Advance into Management In Short Amount of Time"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with amazing people! Everyone comes in looking great, dressed in suits, full of optimism. I work all different types of promotional events on location, meet new people all the time, and learn a ton.

The days start with training and workshops; I've never learned so much at a job. I can advance as quickly as I want to, can dedicate myself completely and build my career in less than a year. I love the opportunity that has been given to me. There is no other job that I can step into and receive such comprehensive training and advance so quickly into a management role. I really respect the management team and they always recognize hard work!

Cons

The days are long when you first start, but you learn to maximize your time. You become more efficient and more productive and you accomplish more personally and professionally. When you love your job and love the people you work with, it isn't hard to spend a little more time building your career.

Advice to Management

I'd love to see more team retreats and trips. It is so helpful meeting the other offices and getting face-time with the VP and CEO. It's awesome that I can start in entry level and still get that kind of attention from senior management. More of that would be appreciated!

"Great opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Advancement structure is absolutely perfect, no one will stop you from growing it all depends on yourself and the people that are around you help you grow and mentor your to be successful because with your success comes even more success for the company and people around you.

Cons

Young company have a few things to touch up but everything is getting fixed rapidly fast

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work more team nights!!