The Acquisition Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Farid Vaziri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Before working for The Acquisition Group I never really knew what a "supportive" and "healthy" work environment really was (in 19 reviews)

• They way the advancement structure is shaped in the company is commendable (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a commissioned based position to work from 10am - 10pm as a door-to-door sales rep (in 23 reviews)

• Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough (in 45 reviews)

1. "Door to Door"

Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, WA

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you will make money. I belive it is a pyramid scheme.

Cons

Chances of advancing are low.

2. "no base"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

able to earn lots without university degree

Cons

no base so no pay after a hard day

"SCAM"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

No pros that I cam think of.

Cons

Commission based. forcing them to spam random email addresses, door to door sales, no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Stop sending spam emails to strangers!

4. "Senior Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing sales training. Dedication from the management team to develop people to their full potential is something I have never discovered anywhere else in my professional career. Its a great place to advance professional and personally and the company gives everybody a fair shot to be successful which is pretty amazing.

Cons

Its hard work and not easy. If your lazy dont apply. This isn't a job that you can just show up and collect a pay.

Advice to Management

Being more attentive to reps as they push and grow is always appreciated.

"Sales, Marketing, Promotions, Service, and Leadership Openings"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. 30 minutes interview. If you know lot of people and work really hard you can make some money

Cons

It's a commissioned based position to work from 10am - 10pm as a door-to-door sales rep. It's tough.

"If I could give no stars instead of one star, I would"

Pros

There really isn't any for this company. The whole pay is through commission unless you are really good at convincing people to sign up.

Cons

Working for this company meant long hours, less time at home, and working during the weekends. I feel like this company will not fit with anyone who wants to balance personal and work equally. While working for the company, we were taught to be pushy to the customers, which felt so wrong when it comes to delivering the proper customer service. The long hours were terrible and when I signed up for this company, I was told that working days were just Monday to Friday. Guess what? They were wrong and they pushed their employees to work on weekends. This company is dishonest when they introduced the job to potential employees. I definitely will not recommend this job to anyone.

Advice to Management

Be honest to your potential employees and working 7 days a week with no day offs is literally abusing the working system.

7. "Learning opportunity"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

When I first joined the company, my goal was to learn on different things and take on a challenge. What I didn’t expect was the fact that I have a team that’s like a family and at the same time being able to get trained on the skills that I wanted to learn. My communication skill definitely improved over the time I’ve been here interacting with clients of different backgrounds. It’s also very exciting for me since I’ve been able to apply my knowledge to training others from before. The most satisfying feeling is to see others successful because I contributed.

Cons

Expect to be challenged everyday since we are heavily involved with clients and/or the team, but that’s just the same as life in general

Advice to Management

Let’s change some music!

"Senior Marketing Consultant"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

the only pro is the money, its good money but 90% of what they would have us do is sign up everyone and do whatever we could to get it booked in our system after that we didnt care as we had gottten paid for it. can be good money if you dont mind lying, and scamming people.

Cons

long hours, no real advancement, brainwashing managers. They are constantly trying to brainwash people into staying because otherwise who would stay on a 100% commision basis where they are telling you to be as pushy as possible and not care about anyone else so long as you are making money. which sounds great until you start getting angry phone calls because you were told to do something and now that person is experiencing issues or we just werent able to help them at all. STAY away if you dont want it to consume your life and end up wasting a year of your time and the company owing you thousands of dollars and finding loop holes as to why they dont have to pay you back.

Advice to Management

get your stuff together, learn some better communication, dont lie to people and tell them they're going to making x and then when they get their cheque its hundreds of dollars off and they dont know why. Stop thinking of yourself as an entrepaneur you are running a door to door sales department who teaches people to try and scam people so that they can still make a paycheque.

"There's a reason I still work here after 4 years"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Right from the get-go the uncapped earning potential for income was appealing but I saw extreme value in the self driven advancement. I long had felt undervalued for my skill set and willingness to exceed expectations, been passed over time and time again for promotions.

I was able to grow and develop skills in sales and customer service, interviewing, team building, territory management,pay roll, client management.

Working with a client like Telus has allowed to represent a brand and product that is top of line in quality and innovation through many avenues of face to face through residential and small business markets.

The opportunity is endless but what has really made me stay over the years is the amazing team we have at the acquisition group. The other managers are supportive and willing to share ideas on innovation and growing the business. They will coach you through your growing pains and set you up with a support network for success. This is a practice that's filtered right down to the newest sales reps. Everyone is welcoming and eager to help you grow. It feels more like a family then an office environment!

Cons

I'd say the biggest con is that there can be so much going on that if you need help you'll have to ask for it. This would be a con if you are the type that never reaches out. The support system is there but you are not micromanaged. No one is checking in every 5 minutes to make sure you're okay. You have to learn to ask for help and you will immediately multiple solutions and insights in to your issue.

The Acquisition Group Response

Oct 27, 2017 – Human Resources

The Acquisition Group would like to sincerely thank you for your feedback! It's so encouraging to hear that you're enjoying the team environment and developing personally and professionally.

We... More

10. "Try this job and you will be amazed of what you can accomplish!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Growth opportunities and lots of learning curves that makes you became better and better every day. Everyone is supportive and ready to help when you are in need.
    Being a team leader I trained a lot of people to became good in sales and make lots of money. I am proud of changing people's life and be part of their success. The company give me this opportunity and I really appreciate it.

Cons

Yes there are challenges as in any other jobs, but I treat every challenge as a opportunity and try to learn more from it and became better.