The Acquisition Group Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2021

4.2
The Acquisition Group Vice President of Operations Farid Vaziri (no image)
Farid Vaziri
Pros
  • "It is a friendly and welcoming work environment with lots of opportunity for growth(in 31 reviews)

• "The pay is base salary plus commission which is good for entry level(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours some days, disorganized at times(in 59 reviews)

• "One of them is direct marketing door to door - from our experience one of the most efficient ways to have way more conversations with prospects(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee

Nothing good about this company

Aug 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There's nothing good here, seriously.

Cons

You have to work your hardest to make money. Even when you do that, you find that you worked 8+ hours and made less than a kid working at McDonald's. It doesn't matter how driven you are or how many people you try to sell this stuff to. They've probably already heard the same speech from someone else before. Don't bother doing door to door sales, it's a waste of time. This isn't a marketing job, it's a scam.

16 people found this review helpful
    2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Door to Door

Oct 17, 2017 - Sales in Vancouver, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard you will make money. I belive it is a pyramid scheme.

Cons

Chances of advancing are low.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0

no base

Aug 21, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

able to earn lots without university degree

Cons

no base so no pay after a hard day

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

great team atmosphere and work from home job

Jun 4, 2021 - MyCare Call Center Specialist in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team is super friendly and supportive. We work all across canada and are working from home but we meet online every day so it still feels like a family. The leaders are really approachable and everyone is there to support you. We talk to customers all day about health services, so it feels like really meaningful work. Good hourly pay and we can sell and make commissions if we want to.

Cons

Some days can be tiring since you're talking to a lot of people each day. There's no overtime available yet so you can only work mon to fri. We are only work from home and sometimes I miss being in an office, but overall it's good.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Opportunity

Jun 10, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant growth, open environment, exciting culture.

Cons

Challenging circumstances during the pandemic with transitioning to more of remote position.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to works

Jun 9, 2021 - Human Resource Specialist in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and lots of room to grow

Cons

really nothing to complain as such

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

"A job opportunity that became a amazing career path full of rewards and achievements"

Feb 8, 2021 - Controller in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started with TAG from the get go, you can imagine that i have cycled through many clients, worked with different people, watched friends get promoted, have been myself in multiple departments and got promoted to diverse positions. I made a wide array of amazing connections and have grown significantly both personally and professionally. I love the atmosphere at work, I am surrounded by individuals who generally care about each other and about the success of the company as a whole. These are the type of people I want to surround myself with and continue to grow with and several of who I consider my own family now. Individuals that are caring, loyal, supportive and dedicated to hard work are the foundation for making The Acquisition Group a great place to work. Proof that after 14 years I am still here and I look forward to many more years to come.

Cons

By staying true I will say that no company is perfect, there will always be pros and cons and I won't hide the items that I feel we can improve on, recognizing areas that needs improvement is the first step towards change. As the teams grow and we expand, the internal communication on certain items seems to get lost sometimes but we are working really hard to improve that.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Superb company to work and grow with!

May 6, 2021 - HR- Recruiter in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team. Great leaders. Lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

None! Its great to be a part of TAG

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Opportunity and Experience for Students/Recent Graduates!

Jan 19, 2021 - Communications Coordinator in Burnaby, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I applied to The Acquisition Group right after I completed my undergrad and I couldn't be happier with the opportunities this role has provided me so far. While I've been able to use my BA degree to provide new perspectives and insights to communication and marketing strategies, I continue to learn from my team member's various experiences and extensive industry knowledge and expertise. Also, I believe this position has allowed me to not only develop my hard skills but interpersonal skills as well! I know it can be difficult as a student to find a career that provides you with value/opportunities/experience so, if you're a student or recent grad asking yourself, what's the next step for your career? I would highly recommend applying for a role that corresponds to a niche you want to explore!

Cons

I do not have any cons to provide about the company at the moment.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people at this organization

May 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great and helpful colleagues Colleagues are always ready to assist Feels like a family

Cons

Lack of adequate training for the sales team Ever changing goals and targets

Viewing 1 - 10 of 394 Reviews