The Acquisition Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Farid Vaziri

Pros
  • The reason why I started working with the acquisition group was because of the great advancement structure they have (in 16 reviews)

• we all start from entry level position (sales) and make our way up to management (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours; bad mouthing from some coworkers; commission-based; seemed to me that some employees were treated more specially from managers than others (in 31 reviews)

• YOU ARE DOING DOOR TO DOOR NO MATTER WHAT YOU APPLY FOR (in 13 reviews)

1. "Mobility Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Mobility Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Mobility Sales Representative

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Uncapped salary along with a base pay and commissions pay model, continuous growth opportunities in either management or admin, the team members are awesome !!! (a few of them have become my close friends actually), continuous help from your manager, and a lot of team events/dinners!

Cons

Can be hard sometimes closing sales, also depending on season hours can be long, but the pay definitely pays off.

Advice to Management

Specific focus on training new candidates should be implemented, I think the first level of experience is a little different from the more advanced consultants.

"The Acquisition Group"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Commission based salary, promote within organization, sale tactic training, friendly culture
    No earning cap as long as you can generate sales

Cons

Commission based salary, long hours, lots of walking, seasonal work
    No base pay can be demotivating if you cannot generate sale or have a low period

Advice to Management

Find a better ratio between commission and base salary. Provide more one-on-one support to sales.

3. "Read my comment, its more accurate than any of the other."

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company makes you strong, stronger than you can possibly imagine. The world is yours when you step out of it. This job is 100% performance based which is scary at first but really easy when you re done with training (like really easy). 1 costumer a day is the equivalent of minimum wage, 2 cx and you re waaaay above what you thought life was about. Once you good, you can do 5 to 6 customer a day but realistically there is no limit! So pros are salary, experiences

Cons

You get a 1000$ a week but days are long we are talking about 10,5 to 11 hour shift monday to friday. Even if 4 or 5 hours out of this shift isn't considered as "work" you re still not home!
    They make you believe, there is room for growth and maybe there was but not anymore. You have to understand that if you take this Job its for the money and the experience only thats it.
     It's a really hard job to do in winter, I would recommend anybody who wants to try to give it a shot during summer.

Advice to Management

You have amaizing people, that are well trained, perfect leader exemple, sometimes overqualified flr what they do, that you can't keep in your company only for the fact that they can't grow due to performance based. You had a Territory Management position when I left and I would have been qualified for it.. so advertise it.
    Days are too long, do something about it.
    Last thing there is no benefit.. contractor statut, no health care.. i think you should change that as well.
    Your company teach me there was always room for improvements

"Junior Marketing Consultant"

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

Thorough training program, effective daily goal setting and evening settle ups, great leadership and mentoring

Cons

New recruits should have a separate training program before joining the rest of the team

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership, mentoring and positive atmosphere.

"Long Term Career"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working with this company for nearly 4.5 years now - something that surprises even me! I didn't expect that I would have grown my career to this level when I stepped into a busy downtown office so many years ago. Don't get me wrong - this is the hardest job I've ever had, and it challenges me in new ways every single day.. but that's so much of what I love about it. I come in every day inspired and driven to do and accomplish more than the day before. I love the culture, the drive, the passionate people. This is my home and my family and I can tell you right now, if you're willing to work hard, this is the best opportunity you could ask for. I'm 26, in a management role with an immense amount of autonomy, I travel frequently, work with people I care about, and I just bought my first house. Take a risk - you might surprise yourself.

Cons

You're going to feel stressed. You're going to feel pressure. You're going to be challenged frequently and you'll question yourself. Don't be afraid of hard work, invest and keep going. Short term discomfort versus long term gain. This company isn't for the faint of heart <3

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire conversation and opportunity for networking between the leadership and the upcoming leaders. Don't allow the daily chaos to postpone team events, trips and activities.
    Thank you for the coaching and leadership training - let's do it every 6 months to equip our newer managers with the tools to not only succeed but also to inspire.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

You get to work with great people
    Downtown office/close to transit
    Team vacations and dinners

Cons

Commission based for some of the positions

"THE TRUTH"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

can make an uncapped amount of money if you put the work in.
    gain so many valuable skills and experience that will help you beyond working with just this company
    meet so many awesome people

Cons

100% commision based
    can be unrealistic at times
    long hours / it becomes your entire life
    can get discouraging at times

Advice to Management

we are not work horses. to be working 60+ hrs a week 6 days knocking on doors it's just not that sustainable not long term

9. "Marketing Consultant"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time

Pros

great team environment; day to day review, tips, and training; much satisfaction in helping clients who would otherwise not know about products and services

10. "Call centre agent"

Pros

Pros:
    You get to work with amazing people
    Majority of the team leaders I worked with were very approachable
    You learn a lot on how to build your leadership, organizational and customer service skills

Cons

Some of the team leaders lack training and get limited coaching
    No opportunity for growth. You will be promised a lot of things and never see it delivered, whether it's pay, promotions or anything.
    Lack of structure
    The company is disorganized all together

Advice to Management

Promote leaders who can lead by example and actually drive the company forward.

"This is NOT a Scam! If You Work Hard, You Learn & Make $."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Many curious potential employees come to Glassdoor to see if this job is legit, as the interview process (at least when I worked there) seems a bit odd and vague. I was very uncertain as to what the heck the job was. This IS a door-to-door sales job, and no it is NOT a scam. I worked in it for 8months, and sometimes I miss it!

If you are in this job to learn and grow, you WILL - you must take the time to study sales, get to know the top producers, and don't get sucked into the social hype. Don't be lazy and you WILL succeed! I was one of the top producers, and this was my first time doing sales - I have since moved on but still say this was one of the greatest career learning experiences. It was incredibly empowering and there is opportunity to grow. Challenge yourself, commit, and learn to be the best! Your wallet, brain, and future will thank you.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, this company is ridiculous, dramatic, and disorganized - but you're not REALLY working for them, you're working for yourself and for the money. Take what you can - advice, tips, sales info, etc. and make it your own. Don't worry about the company, that's not truly relevant to your success. You make money with their tools, they make money when you make money. Win win.

Advice to Management

Improve training modules to be more helpful to those that are not as quick learners.