The Acquisition Group Senior Marketing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Marketing Consultant

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Farid Vaziri

Pros
  • The reason why I started working with the acquisition group was because of the great advancement structure they have (in 16 reviews)

• With these words in mind I started as a junior marketing consultant in an entry level sales role (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours; bad mouthing from some coworkers; commission-based; seemed to me that some employees were treated more specially from managers than others (in 33 reviews)

• The Acquisition Group is contracted by Telus communication to do door to door promotion (in 15 reviews)

"This is NOT a Scam! If You Work Hard, You Learn & Make $."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Many curious potential employees come to Glassdoor to see if this job is legit, as the interview process (at least when I worked there) seems a bit odd and vague. I was very uncertain as to what the heck the job was. This IS a door-to-door sales job, and no it is NOT a scam. I worked in it for 8months, and sometimes I miss it!

If you are in this job to learn and grow, you WILL - you must take the time to study sales, get to know the top producers, and don't get sucked into the social hype. Don't be lazy and you WILL succeed! I was one of the top producers, and this was my first time doing sales - I have since moved on but still say this was one of the greatest career learning experiences. It was incredibly empowering and there is opportunity to grow. Challenge yourself, commit, and learn to be the best! Your wallet, brain, and future will thank you.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, this company is ridiculous, dramatic, and disorganized - but you're not REALLY working for them, you're working for yourself and for the money. Take what you can - advice, tips, sales info, etc. and make it your own. Don't worry about the company, that's not truly relevant to your success. You make money with their tools, they make money when you make money. Win win.

Advice to Management

Improve training modules to be more helpful to those that are not as quick learners.

"Growth is No. 1"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Pros

I've been working with the Acquisition group for a while now, but every day I come in I get to learn about a different aspect of the job. I'm excited about all the different project I've been with. I'm so happy I've gotten such amazing amount of growth with this company. This job changed my life. It allows me to work in a very professional environment where you are rewarded for your hard work. I've seen a transformation for myself on both a personal and a professional level. Nowadays, I wake up every single day can't wait to go to work, start the day, and overcome any challenges thanks to the support of my wonderful manager and team!

Cons

At the very beginning I found it very hard work. However, as soon as you keep an open mind you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Let's have more campaigns and territories! Endy you're the best!

"Awesome Mobility Team!!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome base pay plus fantastic advancement structure, a lot of support from management and TELUS. Tons of event, easy money. I made over $900 there in one day. Really nice training for new team members.

Cons

Long work hours, could be the most difficult part of the job. But you do get really good return for the effort you put into this job.

Advice to Management

Awesome campaign! Keep the awesomeness going!

"HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing was good about this company besides the co-workers who made it fun other than that theres a lot of back stabbing and management dont care about you unless you make them money

Cons

SERIOUSLY IF THESE GUYS CALL YOU DONT BOTHER THEY WILL GIVE YOU THIS DREAM OF MOVING UP BUT NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY THEY WONT PROMOTE YOU OR GIVE YOU ANY FORM OF COACHING THEY WILL MAKE YOU KNOCK DOORS WITHOUT ANY TRAINING

Advice to Management

Treat your employs with respect and not just look at them like some sort of money bag

"Great experience for beginners in sales"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company offered dynamic training promoting Telus to consumers on a direct marketing basis. Great training in improving communication and sales skills letting people do everything "hands on"(will emphasize in Cons) moreover having the chance to conduct interviews as well as training and "team building".

Cons

While company does offer extensive "hands on" training it offers little compensation to what the role pertains to. be prepared to save up every receipt you have by convincing yourself that it is an independent contractor/self employed position which you don't get taxed on. Honestly I rather get taxed on in comparison to how much money I have spent on gas, food and more over the times travelling to turf and areas which sometimes turn out to be an absolute dud. For all fairness sales can be good and even if you pull in 30-40 products you are looking at a lot less if you minus the money spent on gas travelling around as company does not provide gas allowance. Unlike most people I really don't care about not getting a base pay ( this company doesnt by the way) however the amount of tasks and responsibilities and the fact they sell you the image of reaching to marketing manager or general manager really isn't worth the money. Marketing manager is great same with general manager don't get me wrong but that is IF they have a team to pull override from.

Advice to Management

What management? Please

"awful job"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

some of the co-workers were nice.

Cons

No stable salary,False advertisement, dishonest employers, cult, stressful, commission based, 70+ hr weeks, door to door. They manipulate people who possibly can't find work elsewhere.They try to suck you in with their "life changing, motivational speeches". I never do reviews, but this was something that was called for where I do not want other people to go through and waste their time with. you can get some experience, although it is generally not good experience. You learn how a company should not be run.There is so much gossip and bad mouthing, it lowers morale. High turnover. People are constantly leaving left and right. Management is cowardly and non-confrontational. Unprofessional workplace. I signed many customers i never get paid for

Advice to Management

get a real job

"My summer co-op"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Geting paid based on performance, great co-workers, awesome managers who motivate you everyday, team nights, advancement structure.

Cons

In the beginning, it was hard to combine personal life with work because how busy you are at work but then you get used to it and it all pays off.

Advice to Management

Take something good from each office and make it universal.
    P.S out of all offices I have worked at, Victoria office is the best- great team culture, inspiring managers(Saf and Armando) and fantastic co-workers.

"SCAM"

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

kinda sucked, made little to no money, had to wait three weeks for first pay cheque, managing wasn't there and mostly didn't care about anybody. lied on many occasions during application process and lied blatantly on their job advertisement. DOES NOT REIMBURSE TRAVEL COSTS.

Cons

management sucked. filled with empty promises and deep deep lies.

Advice to Management

Lies, disorganization, 3 weeks from 1 sale till first paycheque

"Full of opportunity. Not for everyone."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You are your own boss.
    -Falcon Projects bring in the most money, if you're willing to stay away from home for an extended period of time
    -Respectable titles
    -Teaches you how to talk to people

Overall, this company provides great training, and builds you a very thick skin for the job market. You'll be able to learn how to handle objections, and "no" in not just the workplace, but in real life situations as well. HR dept. is really kind, and the CEO is respectable and willing to lend an ear if you're ever struggling or need "more."
    The growth opportunities are great, as it only requires you to meet a certain product quota. Compared to other companies and jobs, this company offers growth that many employees would absolutely beg for.

Cons

-Low commission compared to other TELUS contractors
    -Lots of favoritism played within the office
    -Very High turnover rate

Other than the turnover rate being high, there are a lot of fatal flaws in this company. First off, it's a door to door job. Don't expect this job to be sunshine and rainbows, if you're one to take everything personally; don't even bother applying. Second, There is a lot of favoritism played within the office, you could be a good performer in the office, and sometimes the company wont even bat an eye to help you build a team, or run an interview. Turf is also a product of favoritism, however, quite rarely. Sometimes they'd give top performers fresh turf, while leaving those struggling within the company to take the scraps of neighborhoods where they can't close. Sorta kills the whole purpose of "Top performer"
    Next is a myth that they sell to everyone who works in the office, that "you can sell to anyone" Now, while that is true in many ways, it's not something you can absolutely take literally. Marketing managers, and General Managers will always sell to their downlines that they can close anyone. Just watch them in action. Yes, they will close lots of people with their selling, and persuasive tactics, but to those whom they couldn't close, they just make up excuses saying that the customer was "irrational." Don't buy into that, and don't buy into the myth that those top performers are selling "Gods".
    Last but not least, it's commission based. If you're someone who needs something stable, this isn't for you. You will have "feast" and "famine" days, and that's just something you have to accept unless you step up your game, but even that won't guarantee you a "feast" every day.
    Overall, this job isn't for everyone. But if you can do this job, I can guarantee; you'll have a nice time if you overlook the cons

Advice to Management

-If you can't do salary, or any sort of wage, at least "up" the commission a bit. Honestly wouldn't hurt bumping it up an extra 5$
    -Take your teams to seminars, and workshops with professionals outside of the company, give them powerful perspectives, and make them well seasoned, as well as motivated.
    -Give every Senior Marketing consultant some sort of chance to build their team. They weren't promoted for no reason.

"New Stuff to Learn Every Single Day"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to meet people with different backgrounds and cultures. Really enjoy working with my team. Get to learn skills that can benefit in life.

Cons

Not enough events and have to share with other offices

Advice to Management

More events