The Acquisition Group Senior Marketing Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Marketing Consultant

3.9
Farid Vaziri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Before working for The Acquisition Group I never really knew what a "supportive" and "healthy" work environment really was (in 19 reviews)

• They way the advancement structure is shaped in the company is commendable (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and the first few weeks can be tough (in 42 reviews)

• The Acquisition Group is contracted by Telus communication to do door to door promotion (in 16 reviews)

1. "TAG review"

Current Contractor - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Contractor - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience with The Acquisition Group has been a very positive one. Even better in fact than I had originally anticipated. What really sets this opportunity apart from others claiming to be like it is both the culture and growth potential. In my experience individuals who are willing to put in the effort and utilize the skills and training that are provided on a daily basis have the opportunity to build a career that is fulfilling on multiple levels.
    The management are outstanding. They are supportive and approachable and have been very transparent in what the expectations are.

Cons

This is not a get rich quick opportunity. Those looking to coast into that would be disappointed in what they experienced. Like anything, it takes hard work and those efforts compound over time.

Advice to Management

Keep down what you are doing and the right people will see the opportunity for what it is.

2. "A thank to my Manager - Doina"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growth. As a university student, I seek to learn more beyond school, which made me choose this job. Eventually I feel glad that I worked under Doina's team. By this job I learnt team work, importance of being puntual. I was trained by Doina how to do sales, how to present products, how to close the sales, skills that will benefit me for life. What's more, I feel I am cared by my manager. Thanks her for giving me opportunity to see my potentials.

Cons

time, unstable salary. Get paied Three weeks after.

"Why would you work for them when other vendors are paying double?"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work for Telus, gain some door to door exp.

Cons

I joined Upstat after TAG, TAG is screwing people over, they are paying agents $35 for Internet and TV, while Upstat is paying $65 for internet 50 mbps, and $55 for TV. And Upstat has the same advancement structure, same override for commission. Why would anyone work for TAG while doing the same job and getting paid half?? More than half of the team i'm working with at Upstat were from TAG, because they get paid more here.

Advice to Management

Treat you agents same with other vendors otherwise you will be screwed by yourself, nobody will stay if you are paying people half of other vendor and don't say other vendor don't have the advancement structure because they have the same.

"Hope to have a long successful career here."

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential for growth, great people who work there, provided the tools to be successful. Bonuses. Incredible opportunity to learn and grow as a business professional and as an individual. Senior Marketing Consultant

Anyone who who just complains in their review is either LAZY or couldn't hack it. Yes this job is 100% commission based and yes at times it doesn't always work out exactly the way you want it to, but that's when you need to put a smile on and work harder than you ever have before. I've been at TAG for 5 months and this job is legit and there is plenty of potential to grow. The reason this job is hard and takes a lot of work is because you have to earn your seat at the table. So for anyone whos looking to make something of themselves and is willing to work for it this job is perfect.

Cons

Long hours, unorganized at times. Sometimes office gossip can get in the way of performance and sometimes certain individuals can become toxic to the office.

Advice to Management

When a rep has an issue make sure it gets handled quickly every time. Give the reps the ability to contact payroll themselves. More team nights.

5. "Everyone should do door to door for 6 months"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group (More than a year)

Pros

Vast learning potential about real work ethic, life, self motivation, teamwork, doing whatever it takes, and selling,
    Do or die learning curve, if you don't sell then you don't get paid.
    Endless motivational training with some sales training included.
    Outdoors.
    A lot of funny moments.

Cons

Pure commission high pressure can get to you when the darker months hit and people aren't opening their doors.
    How good your training is depends on whose term you're on and what office you're in. I was lucky and had a phenomenal boss and coach. Most of the other higher ups were not of the same calibre as my boss, and their teams always leaving soon after being hired reflected this.

Advice to Management

A lot. The single biggest piece of advice would be to be more honest and transparent. There are a lot of misdirections spun and mistruths woven into everything management tells you right from the day your first interview happens- I didn't even know it was Door to Door until my first day on the job.

"This is NOT a Scam! If You Work Hard, You Learn & Make $."

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Many curious potential employees come to Glassdoor to see if this job is legit, as the interview process (at least when I worked there) seems a bit odd and vague. I was very uncertain as to what the heck the job was. This IS a door-to-door sales job, and no it is NOT a scam. I worked in it for 8months, and sometimes I miss it!

If you are in this job to learn and grow, you WILL - you must take the time to study sales, get to know the top producers, and don't get sucked into the social hype. Don't be lazy and you WILL succeed! I was one of the top producers, and this was my first time doing sales - I have since moved on but still say this was one of the greatest career learning experiences. It was incredibly empowering and there is opportunity to grow. Challenge yourself, commit, and learn to be the best! Your wallet, brain, and future will thank you.

Cons

Don't get me wrong, this company is ridiculous, dramatic, and disorganized - but you're not REALLY working for them, you're working for yourself and for the money. Take what you can - advice, tips, sales info, etc. and make it your own. Don't worry about the company, that's not truly relevant to your success. You make money with their tools, they make money when you make money. Win win.

Advice to Management

Improve training modules to be more helpful to those that are not as quick learners.

"Growth is No. 1"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Pros

I've been working with the Acquisition group for a while now, but every day I come in I get to learn about a different aspect of the job. I'm excited about all the different project I've been with. I'm so happy I've gotten such amazing amount of growth with this company. This job changed my life. It allows me to work in a very professional environment where you are rewarded for your hard work. I've seen a transformation for myself on both a personal and a professional level. Nowadays, I wake up every single day can't wait to go to work, start the day, and overcome any challenges thanks to the support of my wonderful manager and team!

Cons

At the very beginning I found it very hard work. However, as soon as you keep an open mind you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Let's have more campaigns and territories! Endy you're the best!

"Awesome Mobility Team!!"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome base pay plus fantastic advancement structure, a lot of support from management and TELUS. Tons of event, easy money. I made over $900 there in one day. Really nice training for new team members.

Cons

Long work hours, could be the most difficult part of the job. But you do get really good return for the effort you put into this job.

Advice to Management

Awesome campaign! Keep the awesomeness going!

"HORRIBLE"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing was good about this company besides the co-workers who made it fun other than that theres a lot of back stabbing and management dont care about you unless you make them money

Cons

SERIOUSLY IF THESE GUYS CALL YOU DONT BOTHER THEY WILL GIVE YOU THIS DREAM OF MOVING UP BUT NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY THEY WONT PROMOTE YOU OR GIVE YOU ANY FORM OF COACHING THEY WILL MAKE YOU KNOCK DOORS WITHOUT ANY TRAINING

Advice to Management

Treat your employs with respect and not just look at them like some sort of money bag

"Great experience for beginners in sales"

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Consultant in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I worked at The Acquisition Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company offered dynamic training promoting Telus to consumers on a direct marketing basis. Great training in improving communication and sales skills letting people do everything "hands on"(will emphasize in Cons) moreover having the chance to conduct interviews as well as training and "team building".

Cons

While company does offer extensive "hands on" training it offers little compensation to what the role pertains to. be prepared to save up every receipt you have by convincing yourself that it is an independent contractor/self employed position which you don't get taxed on. Honestly I rather get taxed on in comparison to how much money I have spent on gas, food and more over the times travelling to turf and areas which sometimes turn out to be an absolute dud. For all fairness sales can be good and even if you pull in 30-40 products you are looking at a lot less if you minus the money spent on gas travelling around as company does not provide gas allowance. Unlike most people I really don't care about not getting a base pay ( this company doesnt by the way) however the amount of tasks and responsibilities and the fact they sell you the image of reaching to marketing manager or general manager really isn't worth the money. Marketing manager is great same with general manager don't get me wrong but that is IF they have a team to pull override from.

Advice to Management

What management? Please