The Alpha Group Reviews | Glassdoor

The Alpha Group Reviews

Fred Kaiser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "SIMPLE"

I have been working at The Alpha Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours, Weekly Pay, Annual Bonus

Cons

No overtime allowed. No 401k. Minimal room for growth.

2. "Micro-Managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Pros

It's a job - Don't expect too much.

Cons

For any position in Production/Warehouse, you will find that with the current managers, you will be micro managed. Opportunities to move up in the company are limited and pay scales are kept at an outdated Whatcom County minimum.

3. "Alpha had unrealistic goals, high expectations, and 60+ hour workweeks."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at The Alpha Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You got to interact with travelers all day, discounts on merchandise, corporate conventions in Vegas were a blast.

Cons

Senior Management expected 40% increased sales over LY, an outrageous amount. They offered you a bonus only if you met those sales goals, low salary, expected to work 6 or more days a week as a manager, no commission for your hard work or for your employees. The pay was not nearly equal to the responsibility. Overall, the worst Management job I've had.

Advice to Management

Don't make false promises to store managers and put us on the spot during conference calls if we don't meet your sales goals. Be more realistic in your expectations and don't expect someone making 29K a year to be your slave.

4. "Good environment, not great wage, not reward for expertise"

Current Employee - Assembler I in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Assembler I in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at The Alpha Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work, easy to learn and perform

Cons

Low wage, a little higher for the late shift
    3 month contracts to start, with a .25 raise with renewal if business is good. Just when I was thinking how they couldn't make the raises any smaller, my next contract renewal had no raise

Advice to Management

Let people know that their contract will be renewed with more notice than a couple of days. It gets very stressful getting closer to the end of your term and still hearing nothing

5. "An industry leader - large enough to be powerful, small enough to wield it with discretion"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

Pros

A very interesting firm, who is a under recognized as a leader in thier field.
    Small enough to be able to establish a place for youself, develop value to the organization, and be compensated accordingly.

Cons

We do not market ourselves as much as we should, to develop the brand awareness.
    It is somewhat parachial for the first few years of working there.
    They generaly do not thusiastically embrace a new emplyee, and enourage them.
    But after establishing yourself, they will recognize your contributions and begin to accept you as part of the team.

Advice to Management

Get to know you middle managers a little more personally, and solicit their feedback as to how to improve our company