KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The Ambassador Company Reviews

Updated Mar 1, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

3.1
The Ambassador Company President Sheila Feigelson (no image)
Sheila Feigelson
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If You Have a Passion for the Program & are Self-Motivated the Sky's the Limit

Feb 29, 2020 - Public Relations Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Great program and much needed * Great compensation * Unlimited earnings (depending on your ability to GET UP & be self-motivated) * Great benefits package * Health & Dental Insurance * Travel reimbursement * Flexibility * Good company culture * Much needed, value program you are selling * You get to travel & see the beautiful landscape along the way, bring a camera and journal

Cons

If you aren't self-motivated or need constant supervision this is not the gig for you. If you can't live on a straight commission (though they do offer a base/draw as well) this probably isn't for you. You will need to travel for 2-3 days at a time if you can't travel this is not the gig for you. If you can't relate to people this is not the gig for you.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company, many driven students.

Mar 1, 2021 - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been there from the start and have watched it grow, organized and many motivated people working.

Cons

Not consistent, easy to miss job postings, no meetings held so you are all on your own.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I also worked briefly as a sales representative for the company and must agree with the first review posting as correct.

Dec 12, 2013 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

I also agree that the company personnel were wonderful to work with. The office staff were always upbeat and friendly. The management was great except they did seem to get pushy when you explained the issue of small town businesses struggling with the economy. If you "made" a town, the pay was good, if you didn't incur too many expenses doing so.

Cons

The economy is still terrible and small town businesses have shut the door to outsiders trying to take their money. Being from a small town myself, I understand their feelings. I also happened to know a lot of people arounf the state and had a lotttttt of connections. Still didn't help though. I spent sooo much money out of my pocket for gas, food, and lodging that after 6 months I was several thousand in the hole. The few larger towns that I did make produced great paychecks, however, they still didn't cover all of the rest. I left the company also because something just didn't feel right. In good conscience, I just could not look someone in the face and tell them that their investment with the books was the best thing they could do with it. The books were great, just a bit outdated in today's world with Ipads, Iphones, Cable TV, High Speed Internet, and etc. Few parents still read to their kids and business owners know this. I don't forsee this type of business hanging on much longer. I just wish the company realized that and would make some changes.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company to work for.....ever

Jan 11, 2017 - Community Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working here for over two years. I just read all the negatives. First, if you are cold calling, your didn't listen during training and YOU are doing it wrong. Second, if you are "selling ads", you are going to fail. No one is going to buy "an ad" in a children's book. But there are lots, and lots, and lots of caring business that will sponsor a character program that teaches the kids morals and values. As far as the the bad economy, I am currently working a very small town that just lost 1800 jobs last year. I have sponsors in this town that have sponsored this program for years....and they ALL continued for two more years. If you have a heart for kids AND you do this job right (not try to do it YOUR way because you have "25 years sales experience") you will succeed! Fail to follow directions and yes, you will fail.

Cons

If you can't travel during the week, you probably will not work out.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

This is a great company with a great history

Feb 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

How many companies out there really help anyone? I love this company because it allows me to help business, children, and communities. I don't sell books. I don't sell ads in books. I find companies that have a hart to help children and ask them to support a character program for the children in THEIR communities. I remember being given this book as a child and I remember how much the book meant to me so I know what I am doing matters. Any person that considers himself or herself selling advertisement is going to fail because that person does not understand the program at all!

Cons

The only con I can think of is traveling. I have to be away from home during the week and I miss my husband and my animals.

6. 5.0

Community Coordinator/Outside Sales Rep

Oct 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great faith based company that walks the walk! I wanted to find something to make a good living and do something positive in the communities I visit. You can earn commissions and per diem for each program worked. Company has incentives, bonuses and full benefits and recognition for sales achievements.

Cons

This job does entail travel so you will be away from home sometimes, but you can work programs close to where you reside and have flexibility when you need to be close to home.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's commission sales, people!!

Mar 1, 2018 - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people, management, and company. Pay is EXCELLENT. Tons of freedom. No micro manager. Love visiting small towns and getting to meet new people.

Cons

can be tough cold calling on small business owners at times....but that's what you sign up for!

8. 5.0

Sales rep

Oct 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great way to earn a living if you can sell!

Cons

You have to be away from home and family

9. 1.0

You can do better

Mar 13, 2017 - Community Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Set your schedule. Office folks are great.

Cons

Everything else. Was initially told my territory would be twice as large as it wound up being. Also was told that it was a 50-50 mix on new business and renewals...not even close. Manager spent 6 hours on a chalk talk in day one, then expected me to remember what he said 3 months later. He also spent half day in the field with me. Received 2 1/2 days in field training. Then no further training after that. Did well in one part of the territory, but when I went into the southern part it became obvious there were problems. This company has been in MO for better than 30 years. They will claim that no one has worked in the area before and that's why there aren't any programs there, however there were some lapsed ones. This of course gives evidence to the lie "no one has worked there". Add to that my manager telling me that he had struggled working there too gives one even more insight to the management style. Bear in mind, this was after I was told it HAD to be something I was doing wrong. The problem was the schools in those areas require the superintendent and/or school board to approve the program. The library systems have a similar requirement. The other option the manager wanted me to pursue was having the local police departments "hand out" the books. Ethically, thus challenges the sales process has we tell the sponsors the children will complete the program. How are they completing a program if the books are just being handed out will nilly? The pay is OK if you can qualify, have the books sell for more than $12.272 before taking out 18% for shipping and handling. One quirk, if you can only get 1 grade level to participate then the book average must be above $14.00 after shipping and handling. You must learn three different sales scripts- 1. For distributors, i,e. schools. 2. For hotel trade outs. 3. Sponsors. They will give a very long winded sponsor sales script, tell you to memorize it and then say it's not necessary to know it all, just the jist of it. Poor follow up training and constant berating by the manager flies in the face of what is being sold. I cannot encourage anyone strongly enough to stay away.

10. 1.0

Not a Christian Company

Jan 19, 2019 - Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work by yourself in an effort to possible help a young family.

Cons

They will lie to you about your territory. They will tell you it's wide open and nobody has worked your territory in 4 or 5 years. Big lie! You will never see a work history for your territory because of the lies. You will waste your time and money. I worked there 2 months and never got paid for expenses.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews