The Armada Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
The Armada Group President & CEO Jeff Tavangar
Jeff Tavangar

1. "Very happy to be associated with Armada.. !! Awesome people !!!"

Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and positive experience. I have known them for around 2 years now. They have been very helpful and always extending their support whenever needed. Will recommend working here at Armada.

Cons

Don't have any negative experience till now..

"Armada makes you a better person hence, making the business better."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant/Account Executive in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group (More than a year)

Pros

The leaders truly care about their consultants and employees. They have great training in place and have high standards for submissions and grammatical efforts.

Cons

There were not any cons.

Advice to Management

You rock!

"work hard, play hard, have fun & make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Strong management team who genuinely cares about the employees and their success
    * Excellent core values, mission & vision employees can truly align with.
    * Fun, no-nonsense work environment. You know where you stand at all times.
    * Great pay-for-performance comp plan for sales & recruiting
    * 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for employees
    * Excellent client base, working with many of the world's leading technology companies.
    * Flexible hours & focus on results
    * Great location- 1 block from downtown Santa Cruz & 1 mile from beach. Close proximity to lots of good restaurants/bars/coffee shops, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, CVS, etc.
    * Company truly encourages work-life balance: onsite locker room & shower facilities, and employees frequently run/bike/surf together before/after work, or at lunch
    * Company supplied iphone and fully paid phone/data plan
    * Big time focus on team & company culture- management really cares about having a cohesive team that works well together and doesn't hesitate to get rid of people who have lousy attitudes or aren't team players.
    * Great training programs to bring new employees or those with little/no industry experience up to speed quickly.

Cons

* most of clients are in Silicon Valley, so sales reps frequently need to drive over hill for client meetings.

Advice to Management

* Thanks for making Armada a fun & rewarding place to work. Keep up the good work!

"Happy to work here"

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

* Awesome new compensation package and career advancement opportunities
    * Promote a healthy, balanced work environment
    * Fun teambuilding events and office fun days
    * Don't have to commute highway 17 and get paid well!
    * I like helping people get jobs, so it's rewarding in a way I never thought possible
    * Good training for new hires
    * Flat management structure

Cons

* It's a hard job and you only get out what you put in, but the compensation package is really good and allows opportunity for me to grow in my role or into a different role with the company in the future.
    * Run out of coffee and creamer sometimes
    * Some toxic ex employees (you've probably read a few of their reviews as well) were allowed to keep their job for longer than they should and it negatively affected the rest of us. Make quicker termination decisions for employees like that.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback from your employees and keep focusing on promoting a healthy office environment.

"Love it here!"

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

Everyone is really supportive of each other and truly happy for one another successes. It feels like more of a family than just a group of people you work with. Everyone really cares about each other and what's going on in their life, both professionally and personally. We have a really positive group of people here, no negativity or drama. There is a lot of support and accountability with the team- if you need help or flexibility with anything, all you have to do is ask for it. People bring their dogs to work! It's a very active environment- people run to the beach, work out in the back office (we have a locker room/shower, etc.). Team members also take walks and go downtown Santa Cruz for lunch, ice cream, coffee etc.

Cons

Intoxicated homeless people hanging near the building sometimes (we are located downtown). Air conditioner is too cold sometimes. Running out of coffee occasionally :(

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team and encourage work-life balance with a work hard, play hard mentality! Continue to encourage healthy lifestyles!

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't ask for a better overall company to work for!

I've been employed by Armada for over 2 years, and I can say with confidence that they really care about our internal employees, contractors, and clients. It's a family-like atmosphere where the focus is on teamwork, integrity, working hard, and delivering great service.

Management really knows how to support and motivate our internal team. They have been incredibly flexible and accommodating to try and make the working environment the best it can be, as well as being open minded and very welcoming to new ideas.

Cons

There are no cons to report

Advice to Management

My experience with management has been great. Keep up the great work!

"Armada Cares!"

Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Consultant in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Armada has become my family over the last six months. Armada really cares about my personal success in and outside of the workplace. The people on my team are truly awesome and supportive. Within the short amount of time working here, I have feel an overwhelming sense of determination and pride. I don't think I've ever worked for a company that has celebrated my achievements like Armada has! Working in a place where you are acknowledged for your hard work and opinions are valued/hear, is very important.

Cons

A challenge within recruitment is that this type of job can require putting in more than 40 hours a week so just be prepared.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all your hard work and guidance!

"Very educative."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They invest in making you a better recruiter.

Cons

It's like any other small office; it has it's own politics.

Advice to Management

The leadership skills you are teaching are great!

"Great group of people, but lots of competition."

Former Employee - Sourcer in Santa Cruz, CA
    Former Employee - Sourcer in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, small team, working on meaningful projects to fill key positions at client companies

Cons

Pay is low. Little room to grow.

"A Growing, Professional, Knowledgeable, Friendly, Networked, Effective Win/Win/Win Solution Oriented Company"

Former Employee - Project/Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project/Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very professional and results oriented company, while maintaining a friendly, upbeat, engaging atmosphere. They operate with impeccable integrity and are well-networked with pertinent individuals and companies in the IT Consultancy Environment. They keep abreast of new trends and client needs, in addition to continually streamlining and upgrading their own operating processes. The latter simplifies their employees' interactive engagement requirements and reduces their time spent to input and retrieve pertinent information.

Cons

Lack of Company Match on 401K

Advice to Management

Would love to see you become more focused in Project/Program Management in addition to your Technical focus. Also would be great to have you expand your presence, nationally.