The Armada Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
The Armada Group President & CEO Jeff Tavangar
Jeff Tavangar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Very happy to be associated with Armada.. !! Awesome people !!!"

Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Automation Test Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful and positive experience. I have known them for around 2 years now. They have been very helpful and always extending their support whenever needed. Will recommend working here at Armada.

Cons

Don't have any negative experience till now..

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive feedback and recommendation!

2. "Got my offer in San Francisco, thanks to The Armada Group"

Pros

Armada has a high attention to detail and has been incredibly supportive throughout my several contracts through them. They worked hard for me, getting me the critical market research that allowed me to convert to a full-time in-house position at well over market standard with a huge bonus besides. I could not have done it without them.

Cons

I'm brutally honest about room for improvement, but their game is so top shelf, I didn't personally see any weaknesses or areas needing attention.

Advice to Management

Be careful with your success and subsequent growth. Company culture and standards are easy to lose when you are so successful. Work hard to maintain the excellent standards you have set for yourselves.

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience with the Armada Group and congratulations on your contract turning into a full-time role! Best of luck and please keep... More

"Armada makes you a better person hence, making the business better."

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant/Account Executive in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at The Armada Group (More than a year)

Pros

The leaders truly care about their consultants and employees. They have great training in place and have high standards for submissions and grammatical efforts.

Cons

There were not any cons.

Advice to Management

You rock!

Dec 11, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you! Our leadership team strives to ensure that people are the number one priority here at the Armada Group. We appreciate the positive and reassuring feedback- you rock!

"work hard, play hard, have fun & make a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Strong management team who genuinely cares about the employees and their success
    * Excellent core values, mission & vision employees can truly align with.
    * Fun, no-nonsense work environment. You know where you stand at all times.
    * Great pay-for-performance comp plan for sales & recruiting
    * 100% paid medical/dental/vision benefits for employees
    * Excellent client base, working with many of the world's leading technology companies.
    * Flexible hours & focus on results
    * Great location- 1 block from downtown Santa Cruz & 1 mile from beach. Close proximity to lots of good restaurants/bars/coffee shops, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, CVS, etc.
    * Company truly encourages work-life balance: onsite locker room & shower facilities, and employees frequently run/bike/surf together before/after work, or at lunch
    * Company supplied iphone and fully paid phone/data plan
    * Big time focus on team & company culture- management really cares about having a cohesive team that works well together and doesn't hesitate to get rid of people who have lousy attitudes or aren't team players.
    * Great training programs to bring new employees or those with little/no industry experience up to speed quickly.

Cons

* most of clients are in Silicon Valley, so sales reps frequently need to drive over hill for client meetings.

Advice to Management

* Thanks for making Armada a fun & rewarding place to work. Keep up the good work!

"Happy to work here"

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

* Awesome new compensation package and career advancement opportunities
    * Promote a healthy, balanced work environment
    * Fun teambuilding events and office fun days
    * Don't have to commute highway 17 and get paid well!
    * I like helping people get jobs, so it's rewarding in a way I never thought possible
    * Good training for new hires
    * Flat management structure

Cons

* It's a hard job and you only get out what you put in, but the compensation package is really good and allows opportunity for me to grow in my role or into a different role with the company in the future.
    * Run out of coffee and creamer sometimes
    * Some toxic ex employees (you've probably read a few of their reviews as well) were allowed to keep their job for longer than they should and it negatively affected the rest of us. Make quicker termination decisions for employees like that.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the feedback from your employees and keep focusing on promoting a healthy office environment.

"Love it here!"

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time

Pros

Everyone is really supportive of each other and truly happy for one another successes. It feels like more of a family than just a group of people you work with. Everyone really cares about each other and what's going on in their life, both professionally and personally. We have a really positive group of people here, no negativity or drama. There is a lot of support and accountability with the team- if you need help or flexibility with anything, all you have to do is ask for it. People bring their dogs to work! It's a very active environment- people run to the beach, work out in the back office (we have a locker room/shower, etc.). Team members also take walks and go downtown Santa Cruz for lunch, ice cream, coffee etc.

Cons

Intoxicated homeless people hanging near the building sometimes (we are located downtown). Air conditioner is too cold sometimes. Running out of coffee occasionally :(

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team and encourage work-life balance with a work hard, play hard mentality! Continue to encourage healthy lifestyles!

"Company is stale and growth flat.."

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office close to downtown Santa Cruz.

Cons

Extremely unprofessional and stressful work environment.
    Informed by previous colleagues that management asked internal employees to remove any employee from LinkedIn that left the company.
    Asked to write positive reviews on glassdoor...as you can see all the reviews this year alone are from current employees. I'm sure turns are being taken on who is writing the next positive review.
    High turnover rate for a reason. Unless you are family or tenured, don't expect to make enough money to support yourself- commission structure is a joke.
    Nothing is confidential.
    BDM is a snake.
    No career potential here.
    You can be as "hungry" and hard-working as you want and still see no improvements or encouragement.

Advice to Management

Close up shop.

"STAY AWAY"

I worked at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of parking and it's mostly well-lighted.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for - followers of Tony Robbins and required employees to sit through hours of cult-like "training" classes plus required individuals to pay for the conference.

Promotion given based on who they like, not skills. Has fired people for "not being happy" after they asked to move to another position.

Commission structure reworked often to pay out less and less.

Always hiring internal people but never growing - that should be the first warning sign.

Slimy financial practices - high mark ups on candidates so that the executives can live in mansions while the recruiters are barely surviving.

Advice to Management

Close up shop so you stop ruining other people's lives. With the amount of residuals you can make on the consultant you have, your executives will be taken care of.

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at The Armada Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't ask for a better overall company to work for!

I've been employed by Armada for over 2 years, and I can say with confidence that they really care about our internal employees, contractors, and clients. It's a family-like atmosphere where the focus is on teamwork, integrity, working hard, and delivering great service.

Management really knows how to support and motivate our internal team. They have been incredibly flexible and accommodating to try and make the working environment the best it can be, as well as being open minded and very welcoming to new ideas.

Cons

There are no cons to report

Advice to Management

My experience with management has been great. Keep up the great work!

10. "Great environment with great people!"

Pros

Working for the Armada Group has been a great experience for me! I love the team I work with, from my manager to my peers. I feel like they care about my future, success and growth and overall really care about ME. They encourage me to not only be successful in the job but also outside of work- staying healthy, active and having a good work life balance! I couldn't ask for a more supportive and positive environment. Plus I get to make $$$, live and work by the beach!

Cons

work from the beach days?! :)

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, encouragement and support!