The Arnold Group (WA) Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Arnold Group (WA) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Firm is focused and established in technology commercialization, mainly in commercial applications. Lots of opportunity for interesting, positive, impactful work. Travel NOT a typical requirement. Small firm of good people who care about the work they do and a reasonable balance of life.

Cons

Can be client focused to a fault. Small company means less process / support, you need to be ready to do a lot yourself. Unique space makes it tough to hire people needed to grow the business as fast as it could

"A great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Arnold Group (WA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at The Arnold Group (TAG) for more than 2 years. Prior to joining the company, I had multiple offers and I had to come up with several decision criteria that are still valid. First, I felt like I would focus on the right area of KNOWLEDGE. The company is focused on technology, one of few industries that is growing and continue growing long-term. I'm also learning from more experienced colleagues who have been in this industry for at least 15-20 years. At my level (11 years of experience / post-MBA + 3 years) it was still important. Finally, TAG's client base is top tier tech companies that are launching cutting edge technologies or new commercialization models. Second, this company makes IMPACT on its client's business as it focused mainly on product commercialization. It has never been a case that our recommendations to end up on dusty shelves without any follow-up. We work with our clients interactively, build new processes and tools, that are implemented during our projects or immediately after. Third, I found great FIT with the team, in particular, after my very challenging, unfriendly experience at a major tech company in Seattle. It includes great chemistry with the team and family-oriented culture, high level of professionalism, and an individual approach to everyone, including coaching, flexible schedules depending on a family situation, and other. Fourth, TAG offers great INCENTIVES, in terms of compensation and bonus relatively to good work/life balance, and support for immigration and professional development. Finally, the unusual thing about TAG is that it supports entrepreneurship in several different ways: 1) a consultant can start a business with seed money from partners and guidance from the team; 2) the team has an opportunity to invest his/her money or consulting time in external startups or projects through activities of an internal investment club.

Cons

TAG is a small company with less than 50 employees, so some policies that are a must in bigger companies cannot be introduced yet. However, company's leadership team tend to review each individual case and respond accordingly.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job! Keep growing the company and expand our client base to new technology companies, not only in Seattle, but also in the Bay Area.

"Mature Consulting Pros"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Arnold Group (WA) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super sharp principals. None of the BS of larger firms. Work spans both the strategic and the tactical. Everyone has a background in McK/Bain/BCG/Booz, so there is a high degree of trust that people know how to do great work. Solid comp, healthy work-life balance.

Cons

Nobody is going to hold your hand - lots of solo or very small team work. High expectations, so if your work quality isn't good enough, expect to be told so.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business

4. "Professional"

Pros

This company is very professional and offers a good work-life balance.

Cons

The facilities could be better

5. "The Arnold Group"

Pros

They have been a great help.

Cons

They could check-in with their associates more often.

Advice to Management

you could check in with your associates more often