The Assist Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert C. Malone

"Colorado's best company to work for. It really is! Well trained, smart and successful leadership team."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great perks, above average wage, incredible benefits, generous time off and bonuses. Employee appreciation shown daily by CEO.

Cons

Would like to see more cross training amongst employees for coverage when someone is out of the office.
    Also, can we try gluten free cupcakes for our next employee event. :)

Advice to Management

I am happy to do what I do. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join the company. I really enjoy where I work.

2. "Supervisor, OPs"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Lakewood, CO

I worked at The Assist Group (More than a year)

Pros

Young company - right idea

Cons

Poor management - CEO and other C's should have paid attention

"Management lacks integrity"

Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Intake Coordinator in Lakewood, CO

Pros

The interview process was fairly easy. Nice little perks like candy and snacks in the breakroom.

Cons

Like other reviewers, it's true the management are nice only at first. Also true that expectations of staff by management change on daily basis when management cites often contradictory job responsibilities. True that they are very clique-y. Cronyism and nepotism gives some employees a pass on poor performance while others are held to a capricious standard. A confusing and degrading experience.

Advice to Management

Start treating staff with respect and make managers take ethics training.

"My only regret is that i did not START my career at The Assist Group years ago with this amazing company led by a leader"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO is determined straightforward but would give the shirt off his back for his employees. He knows how to lead, direct the company to a postive outcome. He knows where he is going, how to achieve it and how to lead those under him. He rewards people for jobs well done monetarily, as well as incentives and parties. He constantly thinks of ways to rally the troops which I appreciate coming from the private sector. I feel valued, appreciated and the benefits are amazing. The insurance I pay out of pocket is a fraction of what I have had to pay in the school district for 24 years. This proves to me he cares about my well being. My direct supervisor constantly checks in with me to see if I need anything, how I am doing and if i need additional training which they cover. The perks of this company are endless. I love this company

Cons

This is not a con to the company. After working here I realize I need more advanced computer classes. There are employees here who have told me THEY will teach me. Isn't that amazing. Skills I used on computers in education are not what are needed here. Need extensive Outlook, Calendar, Vizio

"Proud of our companies accomplishments, and our future looks very bright!"

Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Forensic Review Nurse Auditor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The entire company strives for the same goals, while everyone's roles and responsibilities vary, the targets and goals are clear. All employees work well together, it fells like a large family environment. Great benefits, time off, bonuses, and many other perks. I have seen the company grow and have had many opportunities for me to grow with it, I am glad I am here. Our offices are state of the art, centrally located and beautiful.

Cons

Personally, I would like to be considered for promotions, and I know that I have to take some outside classes to be considered for those promotions. On the job training works up to a certain point, and I need to bite the bullet to get the proper training required, so Red Rock College here I come!!

Advice to Management

Senior Leadership is strong and has a clear vision for the future of the company. While many employees do not like change or to be challenged, this Leadership Team forces all employees to be better, as our clients expect more. Rising the bar across the board has made all employees better. I feel as thought the Company is heading in the right direction and I know that the hard decisions will not always be popular with many employees, but someone has to make the hard decisions to keep us moving in the right direction. I have read many reviews on this site and I know that a lot of it is just sour grapes for under achievers. Keep up the good work, it really shows!!

"Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time

Pros

I love coming to work every day! Management team shows integrity, thoughtfulness, and pays attention to business. Company has great energy and I am glad to be a part of it. The company shares its success with the employees (Friday bagels, occasional company-provided lunches, coffee and snacks, raffles, etc.). Great new office space and good people to work with.

Cons

My only complaint is that some employees are just not appreciative of the hard work involved to make this company a success. Someone has to make the hard decisions, and management has stepped up to the plate.

Advice to Management

Management, keep up the good work!

"I feel like I’m at the beginning of something big."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with the Assist Group for just over five months now and already it is obvious that this place is headed in the right direction. A positive and supportive leadership team and talented co-workers make this a great environment to come to every day.

It feels like this is the beginning of something big and I am excited to part of the team that gets to go along for the ride.

Cons

It is a challenging, fast-paced work environment with really smart and talented employees–so come prepared to contribute.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Best company I ever worked for. Thank you TAG."

Current Employee - Account Management in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Account Management in Denver, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great sector. Professional, experienced leadership team, feel very secure in my position for the first time in my career.

Cons

Time to weed out the employees who don't appreciate the organization or where we're going. I love going to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do for the staff. We appreciate the hard work and dedication each if you display everyday. You lead by example and it's noticed.

"Anonymous, Current Employee"

Current Employee - Staff in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Staff in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at The Assist Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fancy decor, Thermador refrigerators, pizza and bagels as staff appreciation.

Cons

Top is royalty and staff are servants
    Don't value employees - no transparency, moving arbitrary goals change within the month at the whim of the CEO. False representation of pay and culture to new hires.
    Upper Management is ONLY concerned with their money and the illusion,er image, of success. Even make staff write fake positive reviews for the web! Staff are to be lied to and spin to make i seem okay is the norm. Integrity is only a word with management, not a value.
    No advancement opportunities and extra effort and quality is taken for granted.
    Those that question see the revolving door. Here today, gone tomorrow. Two to three years is a long time employee here. Beware.

Advice to Management

Your staff are not stupid. Have some integrity, be transparent, value your staff, stop the management "clique."

The Assist Group Response

Jul 11, 2014 – Marketing & Communications Specialist

Thank you for your thoughts. The transition to a new management team and a new company culture can be a difficult one for established employees and your feedback is important. As the person who ... More

"A company playing make believe"

Former Employee - Manager in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Lakewood, CO

I worked at The Assist Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High turn-over in entry level position makes it a good stepping stone employer for recent graduates. Beyond that I can't think of much.

Cons

Everyone sells you and each other on this growth story and by the time you realize its all bogus, you've wasted a great portion of your life.

Unless you're one of the "cool kids," there's no opportunity for career growth.

Advice to Management

Stopping trying to convince each other that your growing. You have not grown successfully in 16 yrs just accept what you are.