The BOSS Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Conor Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The BOSS Group fosters a GREAT environment and fantastic work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Employee Centricity - the people here truly care about their colleagues and will do what it takes to help them succeed (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Health benefits could be cheaper, but commission, and other reimbursements for cell and travel expenses make up for that (in 3 reviews)

• Someone from HQ eventually called me, and I told him about the lack of communication from the DC office (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Accurate title-- I support both Sales and Recruiting, as well as take care of administrative tasks."

Current Employee - Sales and Recruiting Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales and Recruiting Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly and welcoming atmosphere; motivating team with collaborative, can-do attitudes; proven ability to grow your career within the company; opportunities to learn and develop new skills; casual attire; leave at 3pm on Fridays!

Cons

Staffing in general (not just with TBG) is not a super consistent industry-- there are super busy times which are great, but that also comes with some lulls and super slow times.

Advice to Management

Across the board, I think management is great. All the "higher ups" have been with The BOSS Group for a number of years, so not only do they know the industry but know the specific in's and out's of TBG as well. A number of them have been in the positions they now manage, so training is effective and their insight is meaningful.
    My direct manager is easily the best manager I've had. She sets a great example of hard work, diligence and success. She is also always available if you need her help, advice, or just need to talk. She also sets measurable goals relevant to the career path I want to follow, which truly means a lot. My only advice would be to keep doing what she's doing!

2. "My time at BOSS"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Room for growth as the company values promotion from within, and managers are not scared or sluggish to develop good talent. Casual office atmosphere, like minded employees who work hard to deliver results.

Cons

Health benefits could be cheaper, but commission, and other reimbursements for cell and travel expenses make up for that.

Advice to Management

Keep it up with the open communication, and continue to trust in your employees when trust is earned, it's truly appreciated!

3. "Don't waste your time"

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro about this company is the fact that they have me as an employee. However, I've already started interviewing and will be outta here soon.

Cons

Very low compensation for internal and external employees as compared to other staffing firms. Their salaries are fixed, so no matter how much experience you have, you will only be offered the salary that a particular position pays. Internal employees are severely micromanaged. Extremely outdated, unreliable, and cumbersome CRM. Long hours. Not fun.

Advice to Management

Please stop making empty promises to everyone.
    Please pay internal and external employees fairly.
    Please stop the micromanagement.
    Please stop with all the conference calls and excessive meetings.
    Please implement a better and more useful CRM.

4. "editor"

Pros

working with decent people who helped you

Cons

few benefits and not too many opportunities

"Lying recruiter may cost me a security clearance"

Former Employee - Editor in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Editor in Bethesda, MD

I worked at The BOSS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was placed in a temporary position fairly quickly.

Cons

I was misled about the number of hours I would be working, and then told to deal with it (when I complained). In addition, I resigned (via a resignation letter sent by email) in September 2015. The BOSS Group told my security clearance investigator that I was fired. I was able to prove that they were lying, but why lie about something easily refuted?

Advice to Management

Don't lie about whether an employee has resigned or been fired. Investigate it properly and tell the truth!

6. "Proofreader"

Current Employee - Markeing and Communications Professional
    Current Employee - Markeing and Communications Professional

Pros

Quality company with responsive, nice, helpful staff.

Cons

As a contract employee, per usual, not as many perks or benefits.

Advice to Management

More active job placement search as current assignment ends.

7. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, family owned vibe. Lots of potential to move up!

Cons

Unfortunately, there are only 7 locations in the US.

8. "Recruiter"

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time

Pros

The Boss Group has a family like feel to the company. Even though I work in one office I know a lot of other employees in other states working one another. Great leadership and vision for the company.

Cons

The BOSS Group could improve their overall training. This could help streamlines best practices, which is an area for improvement.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Flag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate

"Great place to work!!"

I have been working at The BOSS Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

The BOSS Group has given me such an invaluable opportunity to advance my career and thrive in the staffing industry! I have met some incredible mentors and co-workers over the years and have made huge strides in my career. The BOSS Group also offers some really competitive employee incentives and perks and keep adding more to the list each year! If you come to work with great attitude, work hard, genuinely like working in staffing, and follow the process you you will be super successful here.

Cons

Inter-office / branch camaraderie, I would love more opportunities for face to face time with key players in our other branches!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"A company that treats you like family"

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with The BOSS Group for over 10 years and truly love this company. They have provided me with amazing opportunities to grow and learn (and in turn get promoted) throughout my career here. I trust and respect upper management who I believe always have their employees' best interests in mind. The people I work with are passionate about our mission and like to spend time together both inside and outside the office. The company is big enough to win big business, but small enough that customer service never suffers. As an employee, the benefits are amazing including 3PM Fridays, casual dress, great PTO (including your birthday, work-iversary, and month-long paid sabbaticals), and President Club Trips. Lastly, as a working mom, The BOSS Group has been incredible helping me achieve a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

As many companies are facing, the health benefit costs have gone up in the past few years. With that being said, I know that The BOSS Group has done everything they could to minimize the impact that has on our monthly pay.

Advice to Management

As the company has grown, it has been harder to get staff members from different offices together for meetings. It would be wonderful to still find a way to do that on an annual basis for team building purposes.