The BOSS Group Reviews in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

1 review

Washington, DC

1.0
Conor Smith

Pros
  • The BOSS Group fosters a GREAT environment and fantastic work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Employee Centricity - the people here truly care about their colleagues and will do what it takes to help them succeed (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Health benefits could be cheaper, but commission, and other reimbursements for cell and travel expenses make up for that (in 3 reviews)

• Someone from HQ eventually called me, and I told him about the lack of communication from the DC office (in 2 reviews)

1. "Horrible service from "recruiters" toward their talent clients."

Former Contractor - Editor in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Editor in Washington, DC

I worked at The BOSS Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My paychecks were pretty good. It pays a little better than the other temp agencies in DC.

Cons

No one called to find out about the job where they placed me. Recruiters are supposed to call to find out how the job is, is it what we were told, does it fit your skills as you'd hoped, stuff like that. Nothing. Someone from HQ eventually called me, and I told him about the lack of communication from the DC office. He said someone would call within about two weeks. They didn't, of course, and I told him that. He said he'd ask a specific person from the DC office to call, but that person never called. I recently called the DC office to ask about this lack of communication, and the person who was supposed to call me said he DID call and leave a message at my number. But checking my cell phone files for that week shows NO calls from his office and NO VM (and no phantom numbers; I can track all the rest of these and know the contacts). My frustration was that I was poorly matched to the contract--it was monkey work (comparing specific info to a database), not real editing, and I asked for a reassignment. My recruiter ignored my requests, so I quit after four months of phone calls with the head office and hoping my recruiter would respond to my calls and vm. Of course, now I'm blacklisted there because I didn't give two weeks' notice--in spite of the horrible service I got from the recruiter, who still has a job there. You're just income for The Boss Group--they don't care if you're a good fit for the work or if it's what you were told you were going to do.

Advice to Management

Tell your recruiters to verbally check in with temps to be sure the job is a good fit and that it aligns with what was expected. They should be checking in REGULARLY for long-term roles. And don't lie about calling someone and leaving a VM--that's SO easily trackable.

Showing 1 of 65 review