The BOSS Group "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

The BOSS Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 9, 2018

4.0
The BOSS Group President Conor Smith (no image)
Conor Smith
Pros
  • "The BOSS Group fosters a GREAT environment and fantastic work-life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "I love coming to work everyday because I feel valued by my colleagues(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Health benefits were too expensive, couldn't afford the premiums(in 4 reviews)

• "Soon the employees realize that they will never get 40 hours of work a week or even 10 hours(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

I worked at The BOSS Group full-time

Pros

Great work life balance Awesome people Unlimited PTO Leave early fridays

Cons

None come to mind

The BOSS Group2018-11-09

"BLR/The Boss Group - Great place to be."

Current Employee - BLR - Corporate Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I report to easily the best boss I've ever had. I think the majority of employees here have pretty solid relationships with their supervisors. - Genuine culture of caring and respect for others. - Meaningful focus on learning and development. LinkedIn Learning access is provided to all staff, there's a structured onboarding process, and professional development opportunities. - Plenty of opportunities for... recognition and to stand out as a top performer. - Great work/life balance. LOVE the unlimited PTO.

Cons

As a sales based organization, teams could use a little more "culture of competition". Seems complacency is easy to fall into.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge your workforce and bring people on with entrepreneurial spirit!

The BOSS Group2018-02-06
  3. "Review"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance (Leave at 3pm on Friday's)! Office's participate in fun team building activities.

Cons

There can be some lapses in training where as you move along in terms of time spent here, standard procedures and protocols are thought to be understood but are never addressed or explained. Management does not survey the employees enough about how satisfied they are at any given time or with new transitions.

Advice to Management

Put in place some type of quality control department to make sure each department and employee is doing their job effectively. Survey employees more often to see how happy they are, or if they have any feedback/suggestions as to how to make the workplace and company better.

The BOSS Group2016-11-15
  4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time

Pros

The BOSS Group is a fun place to work with a lot of opportunity to advance. There's a great work/life balance and you're able to connect not only with your office but easily connect with all of the other branches The BOSS Group has

Cons

Changing structure and turnover can be intimidating

The BOSS Group2016-11-15

"A company that treats you like family"

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with The BOSS Group for over 10 years and truly love this company. They have provided me with amazing opportunities to grow and learn (and in turn get promoted) throughout my career here. I trust and respect upper management who I believe always have their employees' best interests in mind. The people I work with are passionate about our mission and like to spend time together both inside and outside... the office. The company is big enough to win big business, but small enough that customer service never suffers. As an employee, the benefits are amazing including 3PM Fridays, casual dress, great PTO (including your birthday, work-iversary, and month-long paid sabbaticals), and President Club Trips. Lastly, as a working mom, The BOSS Group has been incredible helping me achieve a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

As many companies are facing, the health benefit costs have gone up in the past few years. With that being said, I know that The BOSS Group has done everything they could to minimize the impact that has on our monthly pay.

Advice to Management

As the company has grown, it has been harder to get staff members from different offices together for meetings. It would be wonderful to still find a way to do that on an annual basis for team building purposes.

The BOSS Group2016-11-07
  6. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The BOSS Group fosters a GREAT environment and fantastic work-life balance. As someone who has worked in the Staffing industry in the past, The BOSS Group is unlike any other staffing firm I've come across. Management has realistic expectations for their employees, and give their employees tons of freedom in an industry where people are far too often micro-managed.

Cons

The BOSS Group could improve their overall training. This could help streamlines best practices, which is an area for improvement.

Advice to Management

Putting a structured sales process in place may help Business Development managers hit their revenue goals.

The BOSS Group2016-11-07
  7. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The BOSS Group stands alone in the staffing industry. They are intentional with their clients and offer solutions that meet the evolving need of talent. Most staffing companies don't come close to the quality of candidates that we represent. Our process is very detailed and allows us to present only the best to our customers. Aside from our quality of work, we have a great culture. There is a focus on work life... balance and making work fun!

Cons

I don't think we have any major cons that stand out. We aren't a huge company so there isn't a bunch of red tape or processes that keep you from accomplishing the task quickly.

Advice to Management

Management is great so I would recommend that you keep doing what you're doing.

The BOSS Group2016-11-04
  8. "Love my company!"

I have been working at The BOSS Group

Pros

Family oriented environment, great work/life balance, practice of four core values (actually practiced, not just lip service). Fun place to work!

Cons

Benefits for new hires don't start until 90 day review which can be tricky for health insurance.

Advice to Management

Keep growing a great company! Keep hiring great people and developing them professionally.

The BOSS Group2016-11-04
  9. "Staffing Firms could learn a lesson from The BOSS Group."

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I would say the best part about working for this company is their values. This company cares about their workers, their work life balance and wants everyone to succeed. From our process of vetting talent for clients to life in the branches, this company is the best out there. The benefits for internal staff are great and the company is on its way up in growth (40 to a goal of 100Million). I personally have had a... great experience here so far because I started out as a entry level employee at a branch and within 5 months I was promoted to corporate. This company really does care about its talent, clients and employees. I can't wait to see what the future holds for The BOSS Group.

Cons

I honestly have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

The BOSS Group2014-12-10

"Great learning experience, glad I'm no longer there"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at The BOSS Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

great work life balance, a lot of fun things that occur in the office, great parties

Cons

Leadership questionable, not a lot of development career wise

Advice to Management

Extend management opportunities to more than friends and family. Really evaluate team culture and company values

The BOSS Group2014-11-19