The Baddish Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Former Intern At The Baddish Group"

Pros

If Laura likes you, you will do well and be given more work related to Public Relations.
    If you really have a passion for public relations and have thick skin you will be able to work here and tolerate the environment. If not, this isn't the internship for you.

Cons

Laura expects you to teach yourself and if she decides you aren't the "star intern" she will have you spend your days clipping, making lists, and running errands. Basically has you doing busy work.

2. "The Baddish Group"

I have been working at The Baddish Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was initially apprehensive of The Baddish Group due to the reviews on here, but I really liked Laura from what I had gathered from our few meetings together so I decided to trust my gut and give working here a chance. In the time I have been here Laura has proven to be a great leader who values the growth of her team as much as the growth of her clients.

Cons

PR is a tough industry so the general cons apply here as they do everywhere else. If you don't have a passion for it, PR may not be the right fit for you.

"WORST Place I have EVER Worked in my life"

Former Employee - Public Relations Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Public Relations Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

There are zero pros to this place, maybe the fact that I could walk there from my apartment thats about it.

Cons

This was by far the worst job I have ever had in my life! The woman who owns the company Laura Baddish is the most evil and nasty woman i've ever met, I've worked at a few other places with some bad employers, but this was the worst. She verbally harassed her employees on a daily basis (including myself) constantly talks crap about other people, her clients,etc. and just has a very negative attitude. I left for lunch so many times crying because of the fact that she was so mean and nasty towards me for no reason at all. There are only one or two employees that have been there over a year and they informed me that she typically harasses the new employees (especially if they are young successful women) until they either quit or she fires them). She goes through staff so quickly, the turnover rate is unreal.

Please please consider reading all of these reviews about The Baddish Group before applying or accepting a job at this place, you will regret it!! Laura Baddish will soon get whats coming to her for being such an awful and nasty woman. I was even told by multiple job recruiters after I left that she has one of the WORST reputations in the PR industry and they would NEVER place any of their clients with this woman EVER.

Advice to Management

I have more advice than I can even type out on here, the owner Laura Baddish basically should just run the company on her own because nobody is good enough for her and she is so rude.

"Just as bad as what I had read"

Former Employee - PR Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - PR Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at The Baddish Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't really think of any. Good stories, after the fact. Clients make interesting talking points - ones that make everyone I've ever met laugh.

Cons

This woman is downright awful. Everything that people say is true. She would scream all day. Berate. Psycho-style. And yes, desks were lined up while her pudgy butt sat on the top of a raised platform in the back of this "old nyc hat district" office spot. And, right on point, ladies. she was always commenting on what I ate. Business run cheaply. Wouldn't buy rights to basic databases. It was a relief when I left.

6. "I worked at The Baddish Group in two different capacities for over a year."

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at The Baddish Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives you tons of exposure to the Public Relations industry. It's small size sets the scene for even low level employees to get hands on experience working with clients. There are a ton of fun industry events every week to attend (both events hosted by clients and invitations to other events) All of the clients are great wines and spirits companies. Great team to work with.

Cons

The hours are extremely long and busy with some weekend work, but I've found that is the nature of the industry, and it is the same elsewhere.

7. "Account Executive for The Baddish Group"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at The Baddish Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small boutique agency
    Training and attention from seasoned professionals
    Lots of hands on experience
    Get to attend cool events and work with exciting brands on PR, Marketing and events
    Warm, inviting atmosphere to work in
    Lots of employee perks- get to attend events, explore new bars and restaurants in NYC

Cons

Fast-paced and lots of work- but good, fun work. If you are passionate about food and beverage and PR - this is a good place for you to work!

Advice to Management

Keep on growing!

"RUN!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Honestly hard to think of any, besides the fact that Food/Spirits PR is a great field to get into (with a different company). It is quite obvious that the 5-star reviews on here are Laura herself trying to bolster her ratings.

Cons

Like many others who were brave enough to write a review here, working at the Baddish Group was nothing short of an abusive relationship. As one might do- I brushed off the negative reviews thinking that these previous employees were over-reacting. I soon realized that was not the case. The owner of the Baddish Group has serious issues that she takes out on each of her employees. She picks and chooses which full-time employee will be her punching doll that month until they cannot take it anymore and finally quit. She will email you at all hours and expects a response then and there no matter what time it is.

I could go on and on about the horrendous things that went on in the office, but I digress. To keep it short: for your own mental sanity- run the other way!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as if they were humans.

9. "Great Experience at Baddish"

Pros

The Baddish Group agency has amazing events, great clientele & opportunity to develop your craft
    Co-workers and clients have very niche experience & collaborate well together
    Great industry connections

Cons

The negative reviews here seem like they are coming from interns, which, are run through quite frequently as the agency has a seasonal internship program
    Attending events and answering emails is part of the working world, it isn't excessive here

Advice to Management

Our computer system needs an upgrade!

"Account Executive"

Pros

Laura Baddish lured me, like many other young women looking to start a career in food/wine/spirits PR, with a nice juicy salary so for the brief time I was there, I was paid decently. That's about where the pros stop.

Cons

Working for Laura Baddish was the worst professional experience I have had to date. The entire 3 months I worked there I was overcome with anxiety and stress to the point where I stopped eating and cried most nights after coming home. Besides the fact that there is ZERO work/life balance, Laura is a borderline abusive employer who is nasty, demeaning, and malicious towards the people she expects to produce quality work for her. It really and truly is a wonder that she has managed to stay in business and retain the clients she has in her roster - if they had any idea of the way she treats her employees, I can't imagine they would stay with her. If you're reading this because you are considering a job there, take my advice and that of the legions of young women who have worked and suffered under Laura Badish (and there are dozens!) and RUN. Don't be tempted by the higher-than-average salary she puts in front of you - it's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Laura, it's amazing your reputation hasn't caught up with you. Perhaps consider what it says about you as a PR professional that you can't even manage your own reputation online!

11. "Enjoying Working with The Baddish Group"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant & Keynote Speaker in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant & Keynote Speaker in Boston, MA

Pros

Friendly, Cooperative, Compensation, Communication, Fun, Challenging, Educational

Cons

Fast Paced, Internet could be Faster, Strange Payment Schedules (but I am 1099)