KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The Bair Foundation

Engaged Employer

The Bair Foundation

Add a Review

The Bair Foundation Employee Reviews about "bair foundation"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Found 17 of over 151 reviews

3.7
The Bair Foundation Executive Director  Dr. Susan J. Miklos  (no image)
Dr. Susan J. Miklos

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Sexual Orientation

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Bair Foundation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "bair foundation"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great atmosphere to work

Aug 9, 2018 - Permanency Caseworker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work as an adoption/permanency caseworker. The Bair Foundation is a great company to work for. Everyone I have worked with inside and outside of my office has been kind, professional, and passionate about the work we do. There is room to grow and incentives to do so (education help). They are very understanding of work/life balance and the supervisors are easy to talk to when needed. The morals and values of the company are great as well. It is a nonprofit Christian organization and you can observe the values in place - although their is no judgement on religion or pressure put on you. Supervisors are always available to help with any issue and work with you as a team and a leader. The coworkers you have a great resources as well, someone is always willing to help you.

Cons

There are no downsides to note. The job requirements and expectations are clearly laid out for you to begin with. Sometimes your caseload will get high, and other times will be low. Sometimes you may have to drive a bit far to see a child, while other times they are 2 minutes away from the office. There are ups and downs with all jobs but nothing came as a surprise due to the way that management explained the position at the start.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Rewarding Job, Great Experience!

Dec 1, 2021 - Foster Care Specialist in Erie, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at The Bair Foundation for almost 2 years and loved it! This was the first job that I looked forward to every day and felt a true sense of purpose. At the Erie office, there is a great work culture and the director is always available if you need help and always thinking of new ideas to support foster families and kids. The Bair Foundation gives staff little gifts throughout the year to make staff feel appreciated. My coworkers were always there when I needed help. There was emphasis on us being a team and I felt that. I also became pretty attached to my foster families and kids. I loved the flexibility of my job, the PTO time, mileage reimbursement and the Student Loan Forgiveness Program. The pay is fair with the opportunity to have an increase annually. Although, it would have been nice to be paid a little more considering the type of work you do. With my job, there was sometimes an opportunity to make more based on your case load and when you do on-call, which was nice. Overall, it was a great experience and I learned a lot!

Cons

The healthcare options could be a bit better and it is difficult to manage work/life balance at times with a high caseload and when families are further away (you spend more time traveling than visiting)

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people to work with!

Aug 20, 2020 - Permanency Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Although my time at the Bair Foundation was short, from the very beginning and consistently throughout my entire work experience there, both my supervisor and co-workers were amazing! They offered kindness, encouragement, and a ton of support during my journey there. I was deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to work alongside of individuals with incredible passion and heart for the children they serve.

Cons

I could have had better communication prior to being hired about what my position entailed.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good learning experience

Mar 15, 2017 - Director of Social Services in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro of working for Bair revolves around being able to work with staff that are dedicated to foster care and making positive changes in the lives of children. People are drawn to work for Bair because it is a calling and it shows in the plethora of positive outcomes. Upper management is very involved in the operations of every office. This oversight leads to stability relative to the foster care field as a whole which is refreshing in today's market. The Bair Foundation is certainly not a place for the faint of heart but I will highly recommend the company to anyone as a place of employeement that is passionate about making a positive change in children's lives and their community.

Cons

There is a lot of stress due to the nature of foster care. Governing bodies including MCOs, Licensing, COA, internal audits, and others create a maelstrom of paperwork that is daunting. The paperwork ultimately affects the viability of a site and their ability to provide therapeutic services in general. This is an extremely stressful part of the job, and with audits being spread throughout the year the stress levels of an office can fluctuate rapidly. Often this stress and other factors will lead to conflict within the office that can at times create a toxic work atmosphere. Overall the benefits are good however the health insurance leaves much to be desired.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Treatment Coordinator

Jul 27, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with the Bair Foundation for about a month as a treatment coordinator. The Bair Foundation is a great opportunity for professional developmental growth. At the Bair Foundation, you will learn so much in which you can apply in your field of work such as how to establish good rapport with your families, how to set boundaries and expectations, and most importantly how you can best serve your clients. The Bair Foundation welcomes you with open arms and the environment is peaceful. As a treatment coordinator it is vital that you are flexible due to different situations in which may transpire. The job is very fast paced, but once you get the hang of things you will be alright. Also, the supervisors and coworkers are nice if you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask. I can say I was very stressed out for the first two weeks until I started asking questions- speak up if you are not sure about something or confused. Great Job, would refer to anyone.

Cons

None to report, the agency is great

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Social Services Director

Aug 13, 2015 - Director of SOcial Services Asheville in Asheville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are very committed dedicated and hard working. The foster families are also very committed

Cons

In attempt to meet regulations and implement a Model of Care, The Bair Foundation has created forms upon forms with timelines for implementation. The social workers at Bair spend most of their time attempting to complete these forms which are redundant and often not relevant to individual needs of the clients placed. The same is true for the requirements related to foster families ; most training becomes meaningless as it happens year after year and families are only there to meet a Bair foundation requirement. Everyone at Bair then chases their tail attempting to meet often way more than is needed to meet regulation and time spent on providing real quality care is compromised.

7 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The BEST place to work :)

May 17, 2017 - Permanency Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The love that is reflected in this organization is amazing, thankful for almost 8 years working for The Bair Foundation. The schedule is flexible, community based and ongoing supervision that is super helpful! I have learned so much but mostly I have learned about myself, and how to take care of me! I was shown love by prayer and words of encouragement. I am so thankful for this place, completely had the best working experience!

Cons

I have no complaints, The Bair Foundation even helped me pay for my Masters program in Marriage and Family Therapy! I even was able to attend school while working full-time!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful!!!

May 24, 2017 - Foster Care Case Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with The Bair Foundation for one year and am moving out of state causing me to leave the agency. If I were staying in state, I would work for Bair for years to come! The agency pushes you to be a better professional and person. Supervision in my department was great and very supportive. The Pittsburgh office was an absolutely wonderful place to work and I would recommend it to anyone! Tons of flexibility in your schedule, supportive supervision, plentiful PTO, and gas mile reimbursement.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, big caseloads, need to use personal cell phones.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jan 10, 2017 - Permanency Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you desire to make an impact in the foster care/adoptions world then this is a great place to work at. I had a lot of support from my coworkers and supervisor, but pretty much all of the work with the families is independent. I was able to make my own schedule and work for some great children and families.

Cons

There is a lot of paperwork and time spent driving to different homes. Some families and referring agencies don't always get back to you. However, that is not the fault of The Bair Foundation. It is just part of the job. There is no room for growth professionally and the pay is so-so.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Family Oriented Place to Work - Great Environment

Jul 20, 2017 - Administrative Assistant in New Wilmington, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time greatly at the Bair Foundation. It was a great environment to work at and management truly cared about it's employees and not just the job you were doing. It was great to see the difference we were making in the lives of Foster Children. Work load was manageable (worked in the Admin Office). Caring people who were all very dedicated to the mission of the organization

Cons

High Health Insurance costs. Some micromanaging among coworkers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews