The Bancorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 21, 2019

2.3
The Bancorp CEO Damian Kozlowski
Damian Kozlowski
  1. "Great Company to work for"

HSA Processor in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at The Bancorp for less than a year

Pros

Great Location, coworkers and benefits

Cons

Wish the salary was higher

Advice to Management

Great...laid back

The Bancorp2015-10-31

"Growing and Dynamic"

I worked at The Bancorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity at The Bancorp. The company is going international and has explosive growth at all levels, so the sky's the limit.

Cons

Still working out some of the kinks between being a small company and the large organization it has become.

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower level employees and be sure to reward the hard work. Money, awards, days off, trips....something.

The Bancorp2015-09-16

"Good Coworkers - Poor Structure"

Former Employee - Various During Course of Employ in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at The Bancorp full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

co-workers were very willing to pick up the slack of operations and management - willing to train on internal software, willing to impart wisdom/policies that were never distributed by HR but enforced. I learned a lot thanks to a few great people, who have all since resigned for better opportunities. Nothing i learned was in part to the company's on-boarding, continuing education, or managerial techniques. I had 1 wonderful supervisor, he was truly a 1 off at the bank, a kind he too has since resigned.

Cons

no cost of living, no bonus, raises IF you're eligible are below cost of living %. 2nd year of employment they raised health care costs, and offered less comprehensive care; due to lack of raises & cost of living, i received less in my check the 2nd year than in the 1st year - as did many others. HR violates all sorts of standard policies/rights of their employees. do not expect to have any issues handled by HR, they will only show their face for layoffs.

Advice to Management

quit while you're not too far behind.

The Bancorp2015-09-16

"Learning Experience"

Vice President in Wilmington, DE

I worked at The Bancorp

Pros

Good life/work balance due to working remote

Cons

No ownership or accountability within the organization

Advice to Management

Be honest and lead by example.

The Bancorp2015-08-21
  5. "Exciting Place to Be"

in Wilmington, DE

I worked at The Bancorp

Pros

The company is growing so fast and so smart. It's an exciting place to be. There are a tremendous amount of growth opportunities at the Bank - worldwide.

Cons

Like any company, there are always favorites and issues. Perhaps the fast growth makes it harder for people that are not agrees ice to hand onto their jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing cutting edge, yet well researched work and ask your bottom line employees what they see!

The Bancorp2015-07-23

"A satisfying work experience but little room for growth. My great boss is what has kept me here for so long."

Current Employee - Technical Services Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at The Bancorp full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company has grown steadily in the past 5 years and shows no signs of stopping.

Cons

Very small annual increases. The "economy" excuse was used for too many years in my opinion. The company is obviously growing and thriving but that didn't seem to trickle down.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the company infrastructure to accommodate the growth. Pay more attention to better raises.

The Bancorp2015-03-06
  7. "CRE Portfolio Management"

I have been working at The Bancorp

Pros

Small teams, easy access to senior management & excellent work/life balance.

Cons

Niche business practices which operate in a highly competitive environment

Advice to Management

none

The Bancorp2015-02-12
  8. "Great place; good people!"

Former Employee - Manager in Wilmington, DE

I worked at The Bancorp full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fun working environment; people cared about you--good benefits too. I enjoyed going to work each day, and felt respected.

Cons

Growth and acquisitions move a little fast, and then much catch up time is needed to re-smooth out operations.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in on-going industry education.

The Bancorp2015-01-08

"Unprofessional Beyond Words"

I worked at The Bancorp

Pros

Benefits and salary are excellent.

Cons

I was told I was hired because "the higher ups told us we had to hire a third person". I basically answered phones, that's it. I asked constantly for work to do, asked my co-workers if I could help them with anything every day. One co-worker was on the phone screaming and cursing on the phone in the open office space. The other employee was constantly lying to management, lying to her co-workers, playing people against each other, and texting on her cell phone under her desk all day, plus going into the hallway to take personal calls on her cell throughout the day. The supervisor discussed employees with other employees behind their backs, acting like a pal instead of a boss. I did everything and anything that was asked of me, was always respectful and professional, and was an excellent employee. Clear out of the blue, I am told I am being terminated. The reason? None. Just because they "don't have to give a reason in the first 90 days. We just decided to do this." Not once was I talked to about any problems whatsoever. Not once did anyone address any concern with me at all. Just, "We can terminate for no reason, so we are." Timesheets were also altered to avoid paying overtime, and worked-through lunches were not paid. Very distasteful, very unprofessional, very disappointing company for which to work.

The Bancorp2015-01-07

"Outstanding-quality people dedicated to do the best job they can for the customers and the shareholders."

I have been working at The Bancorp full-time

Pros

Collegial atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help at every level.

Cons

None. that I can think of based on my experiences.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Wonderful workplace environment. Great managers. Cool co-workers.

The Bancorp2014-09-25