The Bank of East Asia USA Reviews | Glassdoor

The Bank of East Asia USA Reviews

Kenneth K Ho

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Didn't really click with the community - Management wasn't great"

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at The Bank of East Asia USA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting opportunities. I honestly did not enjoy any aspect about this company except the fact that it taught me some amazing excel skills.

Cons

Terrible location, insulting salary, little to no direction or support from management, confusing and constantly changing job requirements. Everyone was too busy to give direction to the new people.

2. "The Bank of East Asia (USA) NA is cheap and deshonest."

Current Employee - Teller in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in South San Francisco, CA

Pros

The co-workers are friendly and helpful, the health care plan is good, it include health and dnetal, the customers are friendly. We get some more benefits in the bank as discount in the safe deposit box, we can get a better interest rate in the CD and savings account, the referral program is good. We got the 401 retirement plan. Every year there are the bonus and annual increase.

Cons

The company is cheap and do not recognize the work the employee does. The bonus is always low does not matter how much work you do as well as the annual raise. It is difficult to get a day off if you are sick, they will ask you to come to work if you are sick. They always aks to open more account and do not give the good interest rates to attract the new customers. They want you to work more but do not like to pay overtime. They always limit the amount of supplies. When you submit a supply request the want to know what is it for.

Advice to Management

You should respect your employees and be honest. The management tell us something and do completely the opposite

3. "nice"

Former Intern - Corporate Banking Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Intern - Corporate Banking Intern in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at The Bank of East Asia USA as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment. Nice people

Cons

Conflicts within the divisions. complicate processing system

4. "Good people, limited growth opportunities"

Pros

The employees at BEA are great people to work with. Friendly environment, where many people make you feel welcome and appreciated.

Cons

Some departments are not good at working together. Head office strict on how they want things done and not open to suggestions.

Advice to Management

Allow opportunities for creative thought, alternate ideas. Push back to head office. Look at what the market is paying and make necessary adjustments.

5. "not much pressure"

Pros

The working style in Bank of East Asia is kind of relaxing. Co-workers are helpful. Free lunch provided.

Cons

Politics problems exist, but I think it happens everywhere. Development within the company is not clear.

Advice to Management

No opinion