The Bankcard Group Reviews | Glassdoor

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They allow me to make as much money as I can based on my efforts..They don't micromanage but are very helpful when I need it! My sales manager Erik is super encouraging & I am thankful for that

Cons

I didn't have business cards my 1st week, but once I started producing I get them anytime I need now..

Advice to Management

Pay us more...lol

"Get it together"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at The Bankcard Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many!!!! You can work part time and not have anyone breathing down your back. But don't count on this paying your bills.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing!!! They do not know their equipment or what is written in contracts. They just want you to close accounts and don't want to deal with everything that goes wrong with the equipment. Sales agent have no one to turn too. They can't call Nyone for help and are reprimanded if they do and installs always messes up and sales agent has to do all the damage control. They do not care about customer service!!!

Advice to Management

Get it together!!! Managers need to be be educated more. They never have answers to questions especially about equipment. They should know everything!!! Sales agents are left high and dry on the field with no one to turn too. There is a lack of training and really have to look up everything yourself if you want to succeed. They can't even tell you where to buy supplies for equipment that your customers are renting. This is just bad budsiness.

"Outside Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Bankcard Group (More than a year)

Pros

I joined The BankCard Group as an outside sales agent over a year ago. The support, on-line and weekly training have been very good. And the encouragement and mentoring from Charlie has been outstanding. And the best thing is the money!! I sign 10 to 20 merchants each month and to date I have 196 accounts on board. My residual income is thru the roof!!! All in all I love working here!!

Cons

The lack of a local Sales Manager working with you face-to-face makes it more difficult. But they are upfront about the fact that you have to work on your own, be your own boss, etc.. There is a lot of work cold-calling when you start. That gets better with time, but I had to work my butt off when I started. Merchants are very skeptical and there a lot of other competitors hitting these merchants. So they are almost never interested when you approach them. The marketing they give us helps with that distrust. Also, you have to invest in your own gas $ and printing paperwork. But honestly the upside of the residual is worth it.

Advice to Management

Maybe add something to help with expenses in the beginning. Add more training videos about Underwriting and Risk. More rewards for high performers like a trip for those of us on the top!!

""Back at The Company""

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is much better now then last year. Last year I was hired and went through zero training. I heard from someone else that you have training now and recently went through most of it. Much better!

Cons

Training was bad but apparently they listened to their people.

Advice to Management

$$$$$$$

"Happy Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Experienced management and support are always willing to help. At the same time there is none of the micromanagement you find with some sales companies. A true team that is there to help you. Also it is an amazing income opportunity

Cons

You work from your own home office, no clock punch, so you must truly be motivated to get out every day and work. Learning is also self paced so you have to be willing to ask questions and participate in all training that is offered.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow what is in place. A team environment with plenty of support makes all the difference. Thank you.

"Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company is amazing beyond belief. Hands down the best company I have ever worked for. Every manager has an open door policy and when emergency arise they are VERY understanding.

Cons

They keep the bad seeds to long.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! :)

"I feel lost. There is a good product to offer but no trained method to sell. This is do it yourself."

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Independent work, residual income and competitive commissions.

Cons

No training. Told to learn by doing but don't really have any foundation to start from.

Advice to Management

Offer some formal training and support system.

The Bankcard Group Response

Oct 18, 2014 – Territory Manager

We apologize if you feel that way. We have formal training at our office and one on one training. We also have personal field training with a Territory Manager. Please call our office at... More

8. "Sales"

Pros

Good Company. Managers very willing to help in training.

Cons

You need to be a go getter. Period.

""Account Executive". Very poor training and support, no base pay, and deceptive job posting about base pay positions."

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at The Bankcard Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to make your own sales pitch to fit your customer's personalities and needs. They do at least try to offer some personal support to the reps even if it's not really possible when managing a national sales team.

Cons

First, their job postings advertised "limited base pay positions available". Anyone can take that route, but you have to hit unrealistic quotas and at that point you would be making waaay more money on straight commission.
    More importantly, the training and support is terrible. There needs to be more extensive training than "people buy from people they like" and "hit 50-70 businesses a day" which literally is the most important and repeated advice given. Since it's essentially straight commission no matter what, they really only need one or two people from each batch of new hires to succeed.

Advice to Management

Provide actual training and support for sales reps. The majority cannot be expected to succeed without product or industry knowledge, nor should they.

"Waste of time"

I worked at The Bankcard Group full-time

Pros

Work when you want to. Residual income can be very lucrative if you're successful in making deals.

Cons

Provided no training what so ever but expected you get results. Trying to be successful while being provided no training and no base salary is very tough.

Advice to Management

Provide training to new employees so they can be successful.

The Bankcard Group Response

Mar 2, 2015 – Owner

We have recently added a state of the art on-line bankcard university. Our courses offer bankcard industry education as well as sales techniques and advice. In addition our Sales Managers work... More