KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

The Bay Club

The Bay Club

Add a Review

The Bay Club Employee Reviews about "bay club"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 99 of over 636 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "There is a feeling of inclusion when working for The Bay Club Company(in 83 reviews)

• "Great Environment, Fun to work, free membership(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't have any cons to working for Bay Club(in 32 reviews)

• "entitled members, low pay, changing responsibilities(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Bay Club and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "bay club"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work and play!

Jan 21, 2021 - Group Exercise Instructor in Los Gatos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are valued for their experience and contributions. A thoughtful leadership staff who are open to feedback and want input from employees. Great members, who love group exercise and make teaching so much fun! A delicious cup of coffee from the Pure Vida cafe after an early morning class is a great perk too!

Cons

I don't have any cons to working for Bay Club. I am very happy with my position, the company, and the opportunity Bay Club has provided me to improve the health and wellness of my community through Group Excercise.

2. 5.0

Teamwork

Dec 21, 2020 - Human Resources Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even during challenging times, the Bay Club continues to evolve our business. 2020 has been a year full of challenges, yet our team works hard to find ways to rally back to offer the programs and services our members have grown to love and count on to make them happy and healthy. We have been able to take our indoor offerings outside, building fitness pavillions for outdoor workouts and to host fitness programs (given our fortune of having acres of outdoor space at many of our club locations). Associates have come together, using their entreprenuerial ideas and concepts to adapt to ever changing obstacles to serve our members. Every idea is heard. Every associate helps. The teamwork, comradery and support is beyond measure. The work is hard but its worth it.

Cons

Its important to create work/life balance so you can keep your "battery charged."

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Work Culture

Jan 14, 2021 - Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bay club cares about employee growth. Hard work will be recognized and opportunities will arise. Wonderful company, in a positive beautiful environment. Potential to gain employment and a work family.

Cons

You might be asked to do duties outside of what you were hired for. If you are not comfortable with adapting and adjusting as the needs of the company shift, then you might not find this company a good fit.

The Bay Club Response

Senior Executive VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We take pride in our career opportunities, and the growth we've seen throughout our company over the years. We are fast-moving and know that sometimes we have to wear a lot of hats, but we're continuously grateful for your hard work! We appreciate your advice to management as well and will discuss with our team—and if you have any additional feedback for us, please feel free to send us an email any time at hr@bayclubs.com. Thank you!

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Bay Club is a great environment to work in. My Coworkers and managers are awesome. There are career growth opportunities for those that raise their hand and are willing to go the extra mile in their roles. The company is innovative and willing to take risks - it's a fun place to work. The company really worked hard during the last year to take care of their employees and I'm proud to be able of this team.

Cons

TBCC is a growing company, so there can be alot of moving parts happening at one time. You have to be able to keep your cool, multi-task, and be very flexible.

5. 5.0

Career Growth & Employee Ownership Program

Jan 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for the Bay Club Company over 10 years and have had career growth throughout those 10 years. My time with the company has been a great experience as I have not only had career growth - there has been also been a lot of personal growth. A big part of employee retention and loyalty for myself has been the employee ownership program. Put in the work (with a balance in life) and you will be rewarded.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Dec 22, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I first started at The Bay Club as a summer intern and recently took a job post-graduation. I love working for this company because at any level they show immense support and appreciation for their employees. Both when I was an intern and as a current full-time associate, I've had a strong support system with people who want to help me grow personally and professionally. Plus, the properties are beautiful!

Cons

There are projects that will pop up with fast turnaround times, which means working longer hours or on weekends. However, once the project is complete, management always acknowledges the hard work the team has put in and is very appreciative!

The Bay Club Response

Senior Executive VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so glad you came back to join us full time—we are lucky to have you! We are grateful for your hard work and look forward to seeing all you do, and your career growth within the Bay Club!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to grow your career!

Dec 21, 2020 - Director Employee Relations in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company is a fast-paced environment and there's a lot of opportunity for growth within the company - Company provides regular communication and listens to the staff. The senior-level team provides support and encourages growth - Company embraces a strong work ethic and positive culture The Bay Club continues to help me grow personally and professionally. Extremely proud and honored to be part of The Bay Club Team.

Cons

I have no cons to mention at this time.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company Culture!

Dec 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at The Bay Club for over 4 years and the people are my favorite part of going to work each and every day. The company has a raise your hand mentality- if you want to grow your career, you are in the driver seat with every door open to you. The complimentary Bay Club memberships are also a huge plus!!

Cons

The Bay Club has a fast-paced work environment. While it makes each day exciting and different, you also need to be willing to be flexible, fluid, and keep your head on a swivel!

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

How far can you go at the Bay Club? Join us and find out!

Dec 18, 2020 - Food and Beverage in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am working full time during Covid-19. What's a better Pro that this. The Upper Management from the San Diego Campuses, Respect, Support and Value you as a person and encourage you to be the best version of your self in order to be a productive employee. There is an Employee membership once hired to use the workout facilities (you will need to follow up with your VPGM's to get this activated) Complimentary Golf when allowed to play (Fairbanks Ranch location) First Class facilities, First Class Fitness Trainers. Growth opportunities if you wish, you will have to put in the work initially and express your desire to move up in the company. Employees: Diverse Staff (age, sex, ethnicity) Competitive Salary, Competitive Benefits, Relaxed uniform standards (golf attire at Fairbanks Ranch location, Fitness attire at Carmel Valley location) If you're looking to improve your leadership abilities, work on your own accountability and get your workout in before or after your shift this is the place to do it. This job is Great if you wanna work on your improv abilities, since you will be meeting and interacting with multiple people from diverse backgrounds everyday. The Bay Club created a Diversity & Inclusion Task Force shortly after the George Floyd incident and others that followed, to speak-out on Systemic Racism, Inclusion in the Workplace, Diversity in the Work place, LGBTQ inclusion, Ally ship, Unconscious Biases, Microaggressions and additional issues that are important to everyone, especially important for all people of color, to all marginalized groups, and any person who wants to see a change in our society. In my personal opinion a genuine effort is put forth by this Task Force to create an open, judge-free workplace with a platform for all of their employees to speak on this issues free of any HR intervention (Context of such issues, and HR will interject on a case by case basis) The Bay Club provides you with the opportunities to be your authentic self. Working with such a Diverse staff and membership means you will get to meet and form relationships with some amazing co-workers and members. Again, your view of this company depends solely on how you approach your job. The work ethic you bring to your department and your ability to adapt you anything that can and will come up during your shift. Adaptability is *key* to this company. If you want to be challenged in a good way, this company is ready to teach you a few things. Operating Hours are really not that bad. Open 6 or 7 days a week. Closed Christmas only, expect to work all if not most of the recognized Federal Holidays. Pre-Covid-19 Federal Holidays were paid. Covid-19 has put a temporary pause to this. Pre-Covid, certain management employees participated in company retreats that teach you leadership abilities, hone your political savvy qualities and introduce you to the Bay Club philosophy. I really hope this comes back after Covid.

Cons

A fluctuating work schedule means that you need to be available for any shift, any change in the operations and any plans you have/had with yourself, family, loved ones or friends will need to be communicated with your managers with plenty of time. PTO is honored, but RO are not guaranteed, they are on a case by case basis and dependent on the operational needs of the club. (normal for any company) Clients/members (private clubs) can be perceived at times to be too "privileged" and may not/will not acknowledge the work your put in. On the other hand, clients/members often times do acknowledge the hard work you put in; again this is solely dependent on you. Your relationships with your members and employees will become some of your best work relationships you've had in a long time. Just keep in mind that unlike other Hospitality jobs, this is a private club which means you will most likely see the members everyday. You will be expected to be "ON" at all times. Seeing them everyday will be challenging if you make it hard on yourself. Accountability is a must, if you promise them something, best believe they will hold you accountable for it. Your fellow employees may not reflect the same approach to their work day so try to be your most authentic self and leave the Fakeness at home. The communication between departments can be lacking at times, whether it is in person, email, or text, somethings will not be communicated in an effective manner meaning you will need to follow up and follow up again to ensure you are fully prepared with the tools you need for your job (this may not always be the case, just keep in mind everyone is wearing multiple hats and things often slip by or you may have just not have been CC'd on that email) Do not take things personal here. We are all one team, with a Fire House mentality. Lead by example and others will follow. There is No official employee training on site, specific departmental trainings are implemented, but there is no "official" training (was told this by upper management) Not a huge deal in F&B, just now that your resume is a reflection of your experiences so you will be expected to be the best at your job. Expect to be placed in some work conditions that you may not be trained for or comfortable in. Again its all in your mindset and with this being said; you will learn to quickly adapt to your environments, you will learn to act based on some of your past work experiences and you will be expected to work your tail off. The Work/life balance will be challenging. At times your day to day can feel like the movie Groundhog day, doing the same things everyday, seeing the same people everyday, cracking the same old jokes. This comment is slowly based on how you approach your daily tasks, so if you come to work with the right mindset your day will be filled with satisfaction. If you approach your day to day upset, frustrated, in any way negative about your job or career growth, you will have a hard time and those minutes will tick by slow, slow, slow. This job is 110% customer service based, not retail customer service, not fast casual customer service, not over the phone customer service. This is in-person customer service. At times this job can be physically exhausting, but more often than not it will be emotionally and mentally exhausting. Expect to wear multiple hats. Expect to be directed by multiple leaders. Expect to be held accountable for your job description and description of other job titles. These Cons are not any different that those from any other corporate company, they are specific to each club. My opinions are neutral and specific to myself. In no way do I wish to point out any specific department, job duties, any specific person/member or management/employee. I do not wish to be perceived as being negative, instead I just want to provide any potential employee with an honest work assessment. This review is my own and is intended for all those who wish to have a clear and neutral review. This is intended as a pre-employment summary so you can have a clear idea of the expectation placed on you by your leaders and The Bay Club when you are hired. I wish to make it clear to anyone reading this, that I myself am enjoying my time as an employee for The Bay Club. I am grateful for the opportunities provided to me and my continued growth with this company. I enjoy being challenged by my leaders and my day to day duties. I enjoy being able to work for a company where I feel valued, where my input holds the same weight as those of the management team, and I enjoy working with the amazing employees from both San Diego Campuses. I can honestly say that my feelings and experiences working for The Bay Club are some of the most positive experiences I've had so far in over 12 years working in Food & Beverage.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Reviews