KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

The Bay Club

The Bay Club

Add a Review

The Bay Club Employee Reviews about "free membership"

Updated Jan 16, 2021

Found 41 of over 635 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "There is a feeling of inclusion when working for The Bay Club Company(in 83 reviews)

• "Great Environment, Fun to work, free membership(in 41 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I don't have any cons to working for Bay Club(in 32 reviews)

• "entitled members, low pay, changing responsibilities(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Bay Club and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free membership"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Bay Club Review

Dec 11, 2020 - Front Desk Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Environment, Fun to work, free membership

Cons

There was no cons for me

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Childcare associate

Jan 16, 2021 - Childcare
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Free membership Welcoming part time associates Management support

Cons

Management communication is weak, no benefits for employees other than membership, no sense of team or site bonding

3. 2.0

Meh

Jan 10, 2021 - Front Desk in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

free membership to the club

Cons

pay is very low with no raises

The Bay Club Response

Senior Executive VP Human Resources

Thank you for your review and feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the club during your time with us at the Bay Club. We take great pride in the career growth we've seen with employees who raise their hands throughout the years, with several starting at the front desk and developing their careers into manager and executive roles. We are disappointed to hear that you didn't find this to be the case. We'd love to find some time to discuss your feedback directly- feel free to email hr@bayclubs.com to continue the conversation. Thank you.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Place to Work

Sep 11, 2019 - Vice President Facilities and Development in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From Corp down to the individual clubs I feel a close family bond with my coworkers. The company cares about their employees and offer many perks such as unlimited vacation, in house employee educational advancement, and a free membership to name a few. Bay Clubs does not set any limits on advancement. If you are interested in a position the company helps create a path to get there. The company offers management and leadership training to its employees as well as company retreats to celebrate, learn and bond with your fellow employees. There is a nice mix of long, mid and short term employees who all respect and support one another. In addition and a more personal level, as a single father Bay Clubs has been extremely supportive of my daughters needs and the surgeries she has had this year. I have felt support from the CEO down to the employees at the front desk. It is a true team environment

Cons

Not really a Con but....As a growing company there is a lot of work to go around. You are never bored.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Part-Time Job

Jul 14, 2020 - Front Desk Attendant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are great and the free gym membership is nice, some gym members are cool but...

Cons

Some gym members are rude but you'll learn to deal with them because the rest of your life you're going to have to, management is okay as well but what can you expect for a gym lol

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good

Dec 2, 2020 - Server/Waiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management Free membership A lot of different opportunities within the club

Cons

Uptight members Not a lot of benefits besides free membership

7. 3.0

Bay club

Dec 3, 2020 - Front Desk Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting people, free membership, cool building

Cons

Unorganized management, rude members, overwhelming

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

what you put in is what you get!

Sep 16, 2019 - Aquatics Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

My department director is amazing, super passionate about what she does and inspires me everyday. She creates and runs a department where I look forward to coming into work every day. TBCC creates an environment where it's easy to raise your hand. I have been able to move up in my position more times in the 2 years that I have been in the company than the 7 years I was with my previous employer. Free gym membership and a slight discount on personal training is a wonderful pro!

Cons

Often feel overworked and underpaid. I think the pay could be better, especially with job growth opportunities

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run, don't walk, get away from this place

Jun 2, 2020 - Facilities Director in Fremont, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

free gym membership at all of their properties

Cons

salary 50% below industry standards, expectation of 6day work weeks for salaried employees, don't understand the nuances differ from city to city.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

#bayclubhappy!

Sep 11, 2019 - General Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with some of the best people. We work hard but have fun in a healthy environment. Free membership to the club is a plus along with health benefits. Growing company provides lots of opportunities for career growth. I love that this company gives back to the community.

Cons

You may have to work weekends and holidays. Lots of changes due to this fast paced environment but not really a bad thing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews