The Beachbody Company Reviews
52% would recommend to a friend
(527 total reviews)
48% approve of CEO
Found 527 of over 730 reviews
Updated Nov 13, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great team and people that were really cool." (in 68 reviews)
- "Beachbody also offers great benefits and has even added additional benefits/perks to ease the COVID WFH environment." (in 45 reviews)
- "Pay is good." (in 30 reviews)
- "Great attitude and culture." (in 27 reviews)
- "Competitive salary and open for negotiations" (in 15 reviews)
- "Massive layoffs once a year here now." (in 35 reviews)
- "There seems to be a trickle down affect of poor management coming from the top." (in 29 reviews)
- "Upper management is definitely trying to keep current employees calm and happy but people are still afraid and are looking for new gigs." (in 26 reviews)
- "When I first started, it was a fun and exciting place to work, but devolved into a nightmare because of poor leadership within the company." (in 24 reviews)
- "The CEO was art directing..." (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Beachbody Company and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Sep 8, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLos Angeles, CA
The company has ups and downs but it's still enjoyable and they treat their employees right!
Some layoffs that came as a surprise.
- 5.0Nov 13, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEl Segundo, CA
Beachbody has some of the best benefits as being a fully work from home remote company.
The market for subscription services and home fitness are not looking too great. Even through Beachbody has had a long history of home fitness, competitors like Apple Fitness may take away market share. Beachbody stock is not looking too healthy.
- 4.0Nov 10, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The people, the mission, the products. Great benefits and the opportunity to work with amazing people. Remote yet connected.
Difficult year in this industry has lead to times of low morale.
- 3.0Nov 6, 2023Field ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Great benefits and a competitive salary,
There were significant drawbacks, including a toxic work culture, a lack of strong leadership, no room to grow, and poor management.1
- 4.0Oct 19, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCalifornia City, CA
Great people, flexible work hours, make great products
Layoffs are expected almost quarterly now, tough to see our future through all of the change1
- 4.0Oct 21, 2023Associate Marketing ManagerFormer Employee
Good salary, great people, good work life balance, remote work, good PTO policy
Last minute projects and deadlines
- 2.0Nov 1, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
The remote work-life balance and the co-workers.
Favoritism within the organization, hiring individuals within the organization that do not have experience to do the job. Unable to properly promote a culture of openness. Getting reprimanded for bringing forth the issue of management.2
- 5.0Jul 26, 2023Director, Product Testing and ValidationFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Inspiring leaders who genuinely care about their teams, the customers and making the world a better place. Creating products and services that help others live healthy lives makes you feel good every day. Seeing customers self improvement was rewarding. The other employees were always helpful as a team and there was no backstabbing nor petty ego issues. Great vibes. Fun people. Rewarding mission. Win. Win. Win.
I know this is the most important section of these reviews, but I really have nothing to add. The work was challenging, but that was rewarding. I worked there for over 15 years and loved it.
- 4.0Aug 24, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee
They transitioned to remote work quickly and efficiently, really taking into consideration the employee's wishes Free product
Chaotic leadership without a clear vision. CEO ignores all ideas that could modernize the brand. No merit increases or promotions due to budgets = dwindling and struggling teams across the company4
The Beachbody Company Reviews FAQs
The Beachbody Company has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 730 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at The Beachbody Company to a friend and 25% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
52% of The Beachbody Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Beachbody Company 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.