The Berry Company Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2016

3.1
The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza
  1. "Great Place To Work!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for The Berry Company! Training and on boarding is 8+ weeks, sales organization with a base salary and a book of business, ability to earn $65K to $85K in your first year in telephone sales, career growth and opportunities for performers, Great People, Great Culture, Great Vision!

Cons

First 6 months can be challenging because of all the new information you are being exposed to but once it all clicks you'll never look back.

Advice to Management

Thank You and Keep Up the Great Work!

The Berry Company2014-02-01

February 6, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experiences while working at The Berry Company. We are glad to hear that you love working for Berry. There is definitely a lot for new employees to learn, but as you mentioned we offer a great initial training program and also offering ongoing training. It’s our goal to give every employee the opportunity to succeed!

2. "Good place to work with great people"

Purchasing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Berry Company for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work with young people and a lot of colleagues that can help you. No problem with foreign people.

Cons

Continously growing with stressful day to day and very bad management, nobody with HR skills are available for develop employees.

The Berry Company2016-02-20

"Passionate, hard working, loyal, smart, honest, eager to grow"

Former Employee - Office Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, Great benefits, Opportunities

Cons

Downsizing, and not much training anymore

The Berry Company2015-11-04

"Manager dominated company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

Great benefits and national exposure. Fast paced so never a dull moment. Constantly changing so great environment for building adaptation skills.

Cons

Immature and egotistical management. Not able to listen and deal with all personality types. Working there felt like the good old boys club that I didn't belong too. Too much bullying and pressure, instead of encouragement and guidence with integrity.

Advice to Management

Lead by an integrity example. Judge yourself first, others last. Your job is to lead.

The Berry Company2015-05-19

September 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

No one ever said sales was easy. But at Berry we do make the job rewarding. From working with small to medium sized businesses throughout our local communities and across the U.S. we help hundreds and thousands of customers reach their business goals. The job of our leadership team is to hire and develop strong sales people in addition to driving results. It may not be a fit for everyone, but hundreds of sales reps across the U.S. are proud to call Berry home.

"Sales Manager"

Sales Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company for more than 5 years

Pros

Good compensation in return for hard work.

Cons

Chaotic mess trying to deal with a slow dying yellow page print portfolio and inadequate and non exclusive digital offerings.

Advice to Management

None

The Berry Company2015-05-15

May 15, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Consumers continue to look at multiple sources when looking for local businesses. What are the top sources used? Online and print Yellow Pages. So while the Yellow Pages are a mature product, they are still a viable resource for local businesses that want to connect with shoppers. Berry is proud to offer not only this reliable advertising source, but also the latest in digital advertising solutions. From content marketing, powered by LocalVox, to responsive design websites, search, video and much more, we provide our customers with the solutions they need to meet their business goals. Additionally, we provide our sales force with the tools, training and leadership for success. Our people, combined with our products, are just some of the reasons we have been named a Best Places to Work honoree in Dayton for 2015.

6. "The Berry Company is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Berry Company has a long history of delivering results to clients as well as rewarding its people. For those willing to work hard and take ownership of their results, there exists a strong career path. The compensation, benefits and culture / work environment are good and consistent with true sales organizations.

Cons

Systems development & Integration have been a challenge. This challenge is currently being addressed by top level leadership as they are in the process of improving all system related facets of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to reinvent and transform this business. Continue to provide the best value / results possible to clients while taking care of employees.

The Berry Company2014-01-31

February 6, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for your review of The Berry Company. Our employees in the Hawaii office are great and are the reason that Berry has also been named to the “Best Places to Work Hawaii” list for several years running!

7. "Dayton, Ohio Inside Sales - The Berry Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE coming to work every single day! I love having every evening and weekend off. I love the paid holidays, PTO, health insurance, our sales reps and management. This is such a GREAT group of people! This is absolutely without a doubt thee BEST Company I have ever worked for! This is more than just a "job" This IS a career, You get out of it what YOU put into it! You CAN make 70K-100K as... an Inside Sales Rep your first year! Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your individual goals - a commitment to excellence, to yourself and the company - that will enable you to attain the success you seek. As an Inside Sales Manager I absolutely LOVE assisting my Team to become all that I know they can be!!! Opportunity doesn't knock, it reveals itself when you beat down its door!

Cons

The only "con" for me is that I didn't come to work for this company 25 years ago!

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT Work!!!

The Berry Company2014-01-30

February 6, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

We love to hear that you love working at The Berry Company! We agree that our sales positions are what you make of them and there is a tremendous amount of opportunity for anyone who is willing to make the commitment to work hard.

8. "Great people but poor leadership"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Clients, co-workers and pay is pretty good. Strong benefits

Cons

Regional Managers, Operation Managers, VP's are "C" players. They are clueless and only get promoted by firing those that expose them! Weak upper management!!!

Advice to Management

Quit and let the company become healthy

The Berry Company2014-01-02

January 3, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of The Berry Company. We value our employee’s feedback and strive to make Berry a great place to work. We are pleased to hear that our benefits and programs are working well for you. Please reach out to your HR Manager if you would like to confidentially discuss any of the concerns that you have about management.

"Starting to have a better vision"

Current Employee - Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Steady pay. Coworkers are nice.

Cons

Management doesn't value how many people work extra, long hours, don't take their time off etc. A thank you for all the continued hard work would be appreciated by many.

Advice to Management

None

The Berry Company2013-12-22

December 30, 2013Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that your overall experience working at Berry for the last eight years has been positive. We take employee feedback seriously and will continue to look for ways to show employees that we value their efforts. We hope that the decision to close all offices on Christmas Eve this year was a step in the right direction.

10. "Getting it right"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very good compensation, best in class products, forward thinking company

Cons

Internal partners need to get in sync with billing customer service, etc

Advice to Management

Understand that the sales process (and thus sales results) can be made much easier when you remove all the obstacles created by our internal processes

The Berry Company2013-08-01