The Berry Company OUTSIDE SALES Reviews | Glassdoor

The Berry Company OUTSIDE SALES Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2016

The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza
  1. "Best I ever ever had"

OUTSIDE SALES

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Money, opportunities to sell, benefits, grade A company

Cons

few people who didn't understand humility and honesty but good overshadowed and they eventually left

Advice to Management

don't change you are awesome

The Berry Company2015-01-24

February 16, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

What makes Berry awesome? Our employees!! If you want to work hard and play hard, then Berry's the right fit for you. Thanks for leaving a review!

2. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Base Salary with good commission potential. Great Benefits! The company is going through a lot of changes, many of them positive. A lot of money has been invested into growing the company.

Cons

What have you done for me lately mentality. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement and a lot of travel.

The Berry Company2016-06-02
  3. "Premise Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to make money is incredible. You can earn upwards of $80,000 in your first year if you have the skill set and mindset the company seeks.

Cons

Management sets unrealistic expectations. The primary product you're pitching is dead and outdated. They have a gambit of great products, but their run poorly leading to cancellation within the first year and lost commissions.

Advice to Management

Learn to value employees with character, not just those who "flash" strong numbers.

The Berry Company2016-05-13
  4. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and company culture all across the board (management, sales, and sales support. Plenty of opportunities for growth. Great work life balance.

Cons

Dying print brook, pay is slowly declining.

Advice to Management

Take care of your sales reps.

The Berry Company2016-02-14

"Sales Rep"

OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Excellent starting salary and training program.

Cons

My region was very micro managed. Very much a meet your numbers or else atmosphere. Not enough tenured people willing to help new Reps. learn the ropes.

Advice to Management

Better mentoring system. Plenty of successful reps were happy and making a good living. Hard to break into that group.

The Berry Company2015-06-24

"Don"

Outside Sales Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

It's decent starting money for the first 2 months.

Cons

Work over 50+ hrs. Once the initial bonus runs out the job is not worth working. The only sales people making decent money are the ones handling the large accounts.

Advice to Management

Stop the churn and burn. Stop hiring used cars type sales people. This is technology, not a used car we're selling here. I was actually the top seller in April yet I got paid pennies compared to other reps. They do not reward sales people at all.

The Berry Company2015-04-21

May 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

This is not an easy job. But it IS a rewarding job! Base pay + commissions allow reps to directly influence their salary. All while working with small to medium sized businesses throughout the U.S. to help business owners achieve their goals. Looking to join an innovative, driven marketing agency? Contact Berry!

7. "Good Experience"

Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Fair pay. Good environment to begin your sales/ media career. You get to travel and be around different cultures and environments. You will get many a hotel points.

Cons

Not good if you have a family. Travel will be at least 60% to 100% away from home overnight pending on where you live. No real room for advancement and digital sales can be difficult to both obtain and sustain.

The Berry Company2014-12-08

February 16, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

At Berry we offer both inside and outside sales opportunities. Our inside sales employees work out of branch offices five days a week. Outside sales employees may travel in and out of markets based on sales schedules and region. Travel is not necessary in all branch offices. If you are looking to join the Berry team, talk to our recruiters to determine the amount of travel required for the specific job you are interested in.

8. "Great Company and People"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Honouliuli, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been here for almost year and love coming to work. The culture is positive with a lot of support! The managers are always will to help and lend a hand. I have worked for a couple of top rated software companies, and would have to say this would be the best move for my career. I have learned a lot about the sales process and commitment to excellence with a supportive team behind me.

Cons

It definitely takes the right person to succeed here, but if you put in the effort you will be rewarded. Of course if we are behind or approaching a deadline we work longer hrs to hit our goal.

Advice to Management

awesome job

The Berry Company2014-10-03

December 9, 2014Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Berry. The first year at any job can come with highs and lows. We are extremely pleased to hear that you have found success with Berry. Our goal for any new hire is to provide the tools, training and support for success!

9. "Just a pretty good damn place to work."

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has great benefits which include matching 401K up to 4%, full medical and dental insurance, generous PTO policy, free parking & excellent training program. The Hawaii office has many dedicated employees who are willing to share their knowledge with both recent hires as well with each other. Base pay and commission structure gives employees the ability to have uncapped earning potential. There is a great... opportunity to get promoted if you work hard and make or exceed company goals.

Cons

In any sales based organization there are cons. There are the usual of being away from family when you travel and the job pressure to make revenue goals and deadlines. These are usually the same in or similar in all industries.

Advice to Management

Keep on partnering and investing in best in business online marketing partners. Having the best programs for our clients will keep Berry strong and growing for year too come.

The Berry Company2014-10-03

December 9, 2014Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your review! We couldn't have said it any better ourselves.

10. "Good Company with Alot of Travel"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company and I enjoy working with everyone. The ability to make money is there for the outside sales person. Must work hard to succeed.

Cons

The largest con is being led on about the amount of travel as an outside sales rep. I spend all but two or three months away from my home. In certain times I would be able to come home on the weekends. Other times I would only be able to come home every other weekend. So at ties I would spend only 6-8 days out of the month sleeping in my own bed. The rest of the time I was in a hotel somewhere around the country.... The job of outside sales rep is not one meant for a person with a family due to the amount of time away from home.

Advice to Management

The only real advice I can give is ease up on the what have you done for me mentality. But as I have said I enjoy working here the only hard part is being away from my family and life back home so much.

The Berry Company2014-08-20

December 9, 2014Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your review. Working with small to medium sized businesses in over 600 markets throughout the U.S. means that often our outside reps travel in order to meet with customers face to face. We understand this can be a personal sacrifice and greatly respect and appreciate our employees for their willingness to travel.

Found 19 reviews