The Berry Company Outside Sales Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

James Continenza
  1. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Base Salary with good commission potential. Great Benefits! The company is going through a lot of changes, many of them positive. A lot of money has been invested into growing the company.

Cons

What have you done for me lately mentality. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement and a lot of travel.

The Berry Company2016-06-02
  2. "Premise Rep"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to make money is incredible. You can earn upwards of $80,000 in your first year if you have the skill set and mindset the company seeks.

Cons

Management sets unrealistic expectations. The primary product you're pitching is dead and outdated. They have a gambit of great products, but their run poorly leading to cancellation within the first year and lost commissions.

Advice to Management

Learn to value employees with character, not just those who "flash" strong numbers.

The Berry Company2016-05-13
  3. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and company culture all across the board (management, sales, and sales support. Plenty of opportunities for growth. Great work life balance.

Cons

Dying print brook, pay is slowly declining.

Advice to Management

Take care of your sales reps.

The Berry Company2016-02-14

"Don"

Outside Sales Representative in Rochester, NY

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

It's decent starting money for the first 2 months.

Cons

Work over 50+ hrs. Once the initial bonus runs out the job is not worth working. The only sales people making decent money are the ones handling the large accounts.

Advice to Management

Stop the churn and burn. Stop hiring used cars type sales people. This is technology, not a used car we're selling here. I was actually the top seller in April yet I got paid pennies compared to other reps. They do not reward sales people at all.

The Berry Company2015-04-21

May 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

This is not an easy job. But it IS a rewarding job! Base pay + commissions allow reps to directly influence their salary. All while working with small to medium sized businesses throughout the U.S. to help business owners achieve their goals. Looking to join an innovative, driven marketing agency? Contact Berry!

5. "Good Experience"

Outside Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Fair pay. Good environment to begin your sales/ media career. You get to travel and be around different cultures and environments. You will get many a hotel points.

Cons

Not good if you have a family. Travel will be at least 60% to 100% away from home overnight pending on where you live. No real room for advancement and digital sales can be difficult to both obtain and sustain.

The Berry Company2014-12-08

February 16, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

At Berry we offer both inside and outside sales opportunities. Our inside sales employees work out of branch offices five days a week. Outside sales employees may travel in and out of markets based on sales schedules and region. Travel is not necessary in all branch offices. If you are looking to join the Berry team, talk to our recruiters to determine the amount of travel required for the specific job you are interested in.

6. "Good Company with Alot of Travel"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company and I enjoy working with everyone. The ability to make money is there for the outside sales person. Must work hard to succeed.

Cons

The largest con is being led on about the amount of travel as an outside sales rep. I spend all but two or three months away from my home. In certain times I would be able to come home on the weekends. Other times I would only be able to come home every other weekend. So at ties I would spend only 6-8 days out of the month sleeping in my own bed. The rest of the time I was in a hotel somewhere around the country.... The job of outside sales rep is not one meant for a person with a family due to the amount of time away from home.

Advice to Management

The only real advice I can give is ease up on the what have you done for me mentality. But as I have said I enjoy working here the only hard part is being away from my family and life back home so much.

The Berry Company2014-08-20

December 9, 2014Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your review. Working with small to medium sized businesses in over 600 markets throughout the U.S. means that often our outside reps travel in order to meet with customers face to face. We understand this can be a personal sacrifice and greatly respect and appreciate our employees for their willingness to travel.

Found 6 reviews