The Berry Company Reviews | Glassdoor

The Berry Company Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2019

The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza

"Inside Sales Representative - OK to start a career"

Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

They provided good training for consultative selling. I liked my co-workers, and for the most part, there was a sense of camaraderie. They use SalesForce, which I liked. I made decent money, and great money for someone so fresh out of college.

Cons

It seemed like we were always on the brink of losing our jobs. Even top performers felt like they had no job security. I've never felt nauseous nearly as often as when working here. Part of that was the micromanagement. I felt like any sentence I said on any call could be attacked at any time. When I was there, the approach seemed to be to encourage reps to turn a blind eye to short-comings of the... company/products, which made it difficult to take a truly consultative approach to sales.

Advice to Management

Take a more teaming, supportive approach to managing.

The Berry Company2016-08-30

"Stay away!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are great. Most will work together.

Cons

Management is a mess. Everyday you are made to feel you are losing your job. Will do anything they can to emphasize how bad you are, not what you've done well. Often lie about aspects of jobs when offering promotions.

Advice to Management

Get new management

The Berry Company2016-09-15
  3. "Berry"

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible hours, adds experience to your resume

Cons

Unethical management and business practices

The Berry Company2016-09-06

"Outside Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can make decent money. People you worked with.

Cons

everything else. Micro-managed, terrible products, management could care less about you...what did you sell today mentality. Do yourself a favor and just STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Find a new job.

The Berry Company2016-09-02

"Outside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Meriden, CT

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you are getting new customers

Cons

The management- always micromanaging HR Nightmare They do NOT care about their employees in the CT branch, all they care about is if you are bringing in money

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage

The Berry Company2016-07-20
  6. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Base Salary with good commission potential. Great Benefits! The company is going through a lot of changes, many of them positive. A lot of money has been invested into growing the company.

Cons

What have you done for me lately mentality. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement and a lot of travel.

The Berry Company2016-06-02

"Best Job I've Had- Phenomenal Company"

Inside Sales Representative in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company

Pros

I love working here. The people are wonderful, the payscale is fair and lucrative, and the company really goes out of their way for their employees. I'm a single mom and I've had some rough goes in the past, and I'm so grateful that my employer has been supportive of my endeavors, like going back to school, and provides a way for me to support my family more than comfortably. They're always looking for innovative... ways to energize employees and boost our sales results. They make it fun and enjoyable, and they recognize employee successes regularly. They invest in their employees. PLUS- I have worked a lot sales jobs in the past, and I love that we offer products that HELP people- something I can feel good about offering my clients. We succeed when our clients succeed, and The Berry Company gives us the tools to help our clients.

Cons

The computer system can be a bit of a challenge, especially for new hires. If you're at all tech savvy, however, you would have no problem getting the hang of it.

The Berry Company2016-05-03

"Awesome, LUCRATIVE, Opportunity for DRIVEN Individuals"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I currently work at the Saint Peters branch of the Berry Company. Our management is SUPERB, our commission is UNCAPPED, and our earning potential is truly unlimited. I have only been here since February and I am on track to gross hopefully $100,000 this year. If you are DRIVEN, COACHABLE, and HUNGRY to make some serious money then apply to work here! Anyone that is upset just feels that way because they have... probably not taken the initiative to make themselves successful. Also the company recently changed the commission structure so there are no claw backs, which means we keep our commission even if the customer cancels their contract, which doesn't usually happen because our products are AWESOME. If you are energetic, enthusiastic, and a driven team player then please apply at the St. Peter's branch of the Berry Company! You will LOVE it!

Cons

The cubicles make for a stale, out dated office environment. Let's ditch those things and free up some air and energy people!!!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the cubicles and create an open floor plan. This will allow the excitement of sales to flow more freely through out the office!!

The Berry Company2016-04-29

The Berry Company Response

April 29, 2016Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for your review. We couldn't have said it better ourselves. For those looking for a rewarding career, Berry is the place to be.

9. "Not there long"

in Englewood, CO

I worked at The Berry Company for less than a year

Pros

The Berry company has some really nice, friendly employees. I enjoyed the people I worked with while I was there.

Cons

The upper management was always too busy to really train people in on their position. And since all employees kind of worked on different areas of the books, coworkers couldn't cross train each other.

Advice to Management

Get a better training program in place.

The Berry Company2016-05-08
  10. "Great Opportunity, but it isn't easy!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Berry provides solutions you can believe in, at an investment that is fantastic for all SMB's! I've been working for Berry for years, and I'm not only happy that I work here, but I'm also proud to work here! The management team give you the tool and know how to do the job, and to make a lot of money. If you are a motivated, driven, competitive person you will do well. Join us!

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities available.

Advice to Management

Keep your word.

The Berry Company2016-05-05