The Berry Company Reviews | Glassdoor

The Berry Company Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2019

The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza

"A great place for a long career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

I have finally found my “sweet spot” at Berry! This is by far the best company I have worked for. First, the company culture is great. There’s a genuine team environment composed of friendly and professional individuals willing to help out and give advice. Management is great. They truly care about empowering employees with what we need to be successful and offer an abundance of opportunities for advancement and... progression to keep good people in the company for long time. Unlike some of the other companies I’ve worked for, promotions are based on merit, not a popularity contest. I feel like a valued and respected member of the team. Compensation is pretty competitive and the benefits package is very generous. I personally find my role here to be both interesting and challenging, and I really enjoy coming to work each day. Great work/life balance. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends…in fact, I’ve already referred several of them!

Cons

My only suggestion would be to enhance the initial training and continuous training programs. During my first week with the company, I was only given an hour of “training” on the product suite we offer and have had no other chances for formal continuous training since. A lot of what I know now has been self-taught and I’ve been having to do research on my own to stay up with the latest trends in my industry.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about management, at least the ones I report directly to. I understand that they are busy, but if asked to give one piece of advice I’d suggest paying a little more attention to make sure everyone on your team is pulling their weight. The last thing you want to do is put more responsibility on your best employees to make up for the slack from others; all that results in is overworking your best... people to the point where they leave. Unfortunately I’ve seen this happen a couple of times.

The Berry Company2015-10-16
  2. "Pleasant"

I have been working at The Berry Company

Pros

Lots of MONEY great team enviroment

Cons

Every changing top management buy outs

The Berry Company2015-09-29
  3. "Account Representative"

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

The training you received prepared you to handle any objection. Job was very rewarding personally and financially.

Cons

Paperwork was extreme. Can be stressfull.

Advice to Management

Solutions for less paperwork.

The Berry Company2015-09-21

September 23, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing a review. We pride ourselves on our training and are always pleased to hear feedback from our sales and service channels. As you know, paperwork is a "necessary evil" of most jobs. We are continuously looking for ways to streamline processes.

4. "Pretty Good"

Current Employee - B2B Sales Consultant in Onalaska, WI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

compensation is great and get to travel quite a bit, which can be a con but is a pro for me

Cons

hard sales as company started as Yellow pages sales but also has strong internet suite of products. One is declining and the other is a cut throat sales

The Berry Company2015-09-11

"Good and Bad"

in Mason, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Few chances for advancement if you are not in the sales channel.

Advice to Management

I understand it is important to acquire new companies to keep Berry relevant, but it's been five years since anyone has had a raise. How about investing in your people who stayed with you through bankruptcy. Even a COLA adjustment would be nice.

The Berry Company2015-09-02

September 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Part of our goal as an organization to grow and develop our employees. This can be through projects, special assignments or even job changes. It is the responsibility of both the employee and their manager to identify areas of opportunity and learning for those employees seeking more experience. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR to discuss areas of opportunity that may exist for you personally.

6. "Outside Sales"

I have been working at The Berry Company

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

Commission structure is bad if clients cancel.

Advice to Management

Work with coordinators to make for a better customer experience.

The Berry Company2015-09-04
  7. "Berry review"

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

Positive work environment great management great training and good earning potential. Job security is solid and very open

Cons

Very crazy working environment and hard to keep up. Training could be a bit better and longer

Advice to Management

Explain things better and go over the products more in training. Keep up the positive working environment and the open door policy

The Berry Company2015-08-27

September 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear you've found the job, the people and our culture to be rewarding. We understand there is a lot of new information to learn when you first join the company, this can be overwhelming at times. Your trainer and management team are there for you to help answer questions and provide additional support. Your feedback is important however, and will be forwarded onto the Training department.

8. "overall a very good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time

Pros

Talented team of people who care about their work and each other. Results oriented group of people who want to win. Management is solid, local support is good, and the sales team is a strong mix of people. Benefits and compensation are very good. Culture is great.

Cons

hard to grow the business given the situation with print advertising decline. The company has done a good job of staying proactive in it's digital approach. Acquisition focus is encouraging.

Advice to Management

keep focusing on results and people.

The Berry Company2015-08-18

September 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for your review. We have indeed evolved over time. From our roots in yellow pages advertising/publishing, to now a full service marketing agency, offering both print and digital advertising solutions, along with a dedicated service channel, Berry has continued to evolve to ensure we meet the needs of today's business owners. Of course we can't do this without a tremendous sales force and exceptional service channel to support our customers and our products.

"Just Ok..."

Former Employee - Marketing Advisor in Greensboro, NC

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, flexible lunches. benefits

Cons

ancient technology, a bunch of paper work. Call center environement

The Berry Company2015-08-26

"Flawed business model"

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

The rank and file are there to do the best job they can with what have to work with.

Cons

The company waited too late to get into the digital market but continued to pay upper management huge salaries for doing a poor job.

The Berry Company2015-08-11