The Berry Company Senior Systems Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2011

2.9
The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza
  1. "No Career Opportunities Available"

Senior Systems Analyst in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

The Berry Company use to be a wonderful place to work at. We took attitude surveys in which the typical response from employees was that 98% of the people were proud to work at the Berry Company. Even now, they have great benefits in comparison to a lot of companies in the area. There are a lot of wonderful people in the organization that have dedicated their lives to the business of being the best sales leader.

Cons

Company has been sold a several times. Currently most jobs are being consolidated and moved to either the Headquarters in Denver or Dominican Republic. Some people moved and still lost their job. Key team members (without replacements) have been let go before the launch of a new system that will replace most of the legacy systems. The future doesn't look good at all. Employee moral is at a long time low.

Advice to Management

I like to save money too. But, I clearly understand the difference between "Cheap" and "inexpensive". You chose the cheapest system and ended up spending a lot more money than the solid more expensive system. You got rid of individuals that "cost" too much money in salary, but you lost all of talent and experience to help you recover from the first mistake. Hopefully this was a learning moment to help you in... your future endeavors.

The Berry Company2010-02-26

"Best company I've ever worked for, worst job I've ever had."

Senior Systems Analyst in Dayton, OH

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

One of the best companies I've ever worked at -- before being taken over by AT&T and then Local Insight Media. A good corporate citizen in the community, an all-expenses-paid employee picnic once a year, and a (relatively) high degree of job security.

Cons

The worst-run IT organization I've ever had the misfortune of being associated with. There were some excellent people (without them, nothing would have gotten done); but the departmental management team was pretty much useless. Favoritism was rampant, there was never any money for training, after-hours on-call support was mandatory; but salaries well below local IT average. The Local Insight Media team obviously... intended to sell the company quickly, but the economy went south and they ended up having to try to run it -- which they just as obviously had no idea how to do.

Advice to Management

IT is a strategic asset. Treat it as such.

The Berry Company2011-07-07