The Berry Company "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

The Berry Company Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Feb 20, 2019

The Berry Company CEO James Continenza
James Continenza
Pros
  • "Good benefits with matching 401k(in 11 reviews)

• "Great people and company culture all across the board (management, sales, and sales support(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales managers want you to convince business owners that the yellow pages still work(in 16 reviews)

• "Customer service is atrocious, sales leadership is focused on themselves(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and company culture all across the board (management, sales, and sales support. Plenty of opportunities for growth. Great work life balance.

Cons

Dying print brook, pay is slowly declining.

Advice to Management

Take care of your sales reps.

The Berry Company2016-02-14

"Good People"

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

I worked with great people.

Cons

The marketing department downsized substantially.

The Berry Company2015-11-02

"Good and Bad"

in Mason, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Few chances for advancement if you are not in the sales channel.

Advice to Management

I understand it is important to acquire new companies to keep Berry relevant, but it's been five years since anyone has had a raise. How about investing in your people who stayed with you through bankruptcy. Even a COLA adjustment would be nice.

The Berry Company2015-09-02

September 4, 2015Director, HR and Recruiting

Part of our goal as an organization to grow and develop our employees. This can be through projects, special assignments or even job changes. It is the responsibility of both the employee and their manager to identify areas of opportunity and learning for those employees seeking more experience. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR to discuss areas of opportunity that may exist for you personally.

4. "Great company"

Inside Sales

I have been working at The Berry Company

Pros

Great people , actually helping SMB , good commission for type of job, realistic compensation for top reps is 50-60k depending on base

Cons

no increase base, commission while not capped is low for type of job, lots of structural/leadership changes

Advice to Management

have excitement, dont micromanage unless necessary for below par reps

The Berry Company2014-12-17

December 23, 2014Director, HR and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your review of Berry! We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package, including base salary, medical, dental and matching 401K programs. Our sales employees also earn commission, which is of course, based on individual performance.

5. "Great Place To Work!!!!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dayton, OH

I have been working at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for The Berry Company! Training and on boarding is 8+ weeks, sales organization with a base salary and a book of business, ability to earn $65K to $85K in your first year in telephone sales, career growth and opportunities for performers, Great People, Great Culture, Great Vision!

Cons

First 6 months can be challenging because of all the new information you are being exposed to but once it all clicks you'll never look back.

Advice to Management

Thank You and Keep Up the Great Work!

The Berry Company2014-02-01

February 6, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your experiences while working at The Berry Company. We are glad to hear that you love working for Berry. There is definitely a lot for new employees to learn, but as you mentioned we offer a great initial training program and also offering ongoing training. It’s our goal to give every employee the opportunity to succeed!

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kettering, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Management did not value their employees. It was hard to get a decent raise.

Advice to Management

You need to value your employees with higher pay.

The Berry Company2013-12-30

January 2, 2014Director, HR & Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time spent working at The Berry Company. We agree that the people at Berry are great! We appreciate your feedback on employee pay and are sorry to hear that you did not feel management valued employees. We were happy to be able to provide medical benefits in 2014 at no increase in cost to employees and will continue to look at how we can best provide a competitive compensation package.

7. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Kettering, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fellow employees are very nice and great people to work with.

Cons

CEO/Upper management does not care. The company only cares about the bottom line. They out source everything other then Sales and Customer Servers.

The Berry Company2013-12-06

"Ticking time bomb..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with some really great people. That's all I have for pros. There are people who make 6 figures. However, ask them what they made the last 5 years, and you will find out their pay went down every year. 6 figures is still 6 figures, you say? Well, when the company goes under 0 figures is will replace those 6 figures.

Cons

I'm not sure where to start. You will be lied to and threatened on a daily basis. You will not make the money that is promised to you. There will not be a direct relation between how hard you work, and the money you make. Do you use the Yellow Pages? Do you use YP.com? I didn't think so. Take a belief you have, and try and sell someone the opposite - see how well you do. Please, from a decent human being, do not... work here. If you're in a training class with 4 people, 3 of those people won't be there in a year. You will have meetings about meetings, and then be questioned as to why your numbers weren't hit. Every phone call is recorded and can be listened to at ANY moment by management. EVERY CALL, ANY MOMENT.

Advice to Management

Advice to Management? At some point, you worked hard and proved yourself to get where you are now. You are clearly not stupid people. With that said, get out while you can. Take off your blinders, and go. You see the numbers. You know that every year you are losing more and more customers, your revenue dollars are falling at exceptional rates. Go. Get out. Throw in the towel. Find something else while you still have... a job, versus when you are unemployed because the company went under.

The Berry Company2013-04-24
  9. "Great company to work for until they got bought by an investment company"

Former Employee - Web Design Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at The Berry Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work for, flexible hours, good work environment, good benfits

Cons

low pay, fickle ownership (was there 3 years and it went through 3 different companies as parent companies.)

The Berry Company2012-10-07
  10. "Painful!"

Inside Sales in La Crosse, WI

I worked at The Berry Company

Pros

Great people (in individual offices), decent benefits and time off, one month of training in Denver, CO, and good training pay.

Cons

All of the customers are angry, and many of them rightfully so, because systems switched over and a lot of people's advertising got messed up. You take a lot of verbal abuse and people cutting or cancelling their advertising every day...which means you don't make any commissions.

Advice to Management

Get out of bankrupcy, give employees higher hourly pay to make up for the lack of people advertising in phone books anymore.

The Berry Company2011-09-15