The Best Connection Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
The Best Connection Chairman Andrew Sweeney
Andrew Sweeney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good for summer money, but restricting on social/family life"

I worked at The Best Connection part-time

Pros

Get paid very well for my age group. Frequent breaks.

Cons

Long 12 hour shifts. Restricted to doing 60hr week for the summer period which allows no flexibility outside of work.

2. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at The Best Connection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started as a trainee here with no real sales experience. Their training program is actually very good and they do try to nurture and develop people rather than throwing them in at the deep end.

Good management in place although the structure seems a bit random. They do put some pressure on sales figures but in my experience were very patient and fair.

Progression through the ranks is very achievable and within 12 month I was earning a decent living with basic salary + full commission.

Cons

Can put too much emphasis on new sales rather than looking after existing clients.
    Quite long hours and and an on call phone that can put restrictions on spare time.

Dated card system. Although it has some benefits I thin kit needs a digital update.

Advice to Management

Update to decent CRM system

3. "picker, cleaner and drivers mate"

Current Employee - Picker Cleaning and Drivers Mate in Chepstow, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Picker Cleaning and Drivers Mate in Chepstow, Wales (UK)

I have been working at The Best Connection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

was quite easy to adapt to the different roles obviously as it is an agency there are many different jobs that they offer just so you do not feel like you are stuck doing the same thing everyday which i really enjoy.

Cons

Apart from injuring myself due too heavy lifting and have been off on sick leave for a few months everything else is completely good and i enjoy the work that they set me up with.

4. "Industrial Assistant"

Current Employee - Industrial Assistant in Dartford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Industrial Assistant in Dartford, England (UK)

I have been working at The Best Connection (More than a year)

Pros

Consistent, Great, Reliable, Good, Versatile

Cons

Long Commute, Early Hours also jobs can just be cancelled very quickly

5. "Alright"

I worked at The Best Connection part-time

Pros

Flexible work hours and good pay was generally earning over 8.50 an hour and most jobs tipped extremely well

Cons

There are periods when there is little work available usually just after Christmas’s when you need it the most also shots can get cancelled

Advice to Management

Stop calling us at 4am for 6 am starts near enough impossible or I’ll be extremely tired for wrok

"Overall experience positive however not entirely."

I worked at The Best Connection full-time

Pros

The work I have received has been as advertised so far in that it has been consistent, full time hours and ongoing work. My pay was also always correct and my payslip was consistently on time. For a time I was also frequently contacted with offers.

Cons

While I have left both of my placements with TBC for personal reasons, my first placement left me concerned with how much background information TBC gathers before sending their staff to businesses - I experienced frequent passive aggressive hostility from my other colleagues in the span of the two weeks I was there, workplace discomfort being the reason I left, and my only interaction on the part of TBC was a TEXT at the end of the working week telling me to return the following week. I also felt this placement was below the skill level I was offering. Since leaving my second placement which was for less concerning reasons as I had simply found work closer to home, I have heard nothing from them despite several non consecutive calls to their office asking for work and being told that I was being put forward for roles that I have since heard nothing about, other than very offhand feeling offers for single occurrence night work despite having made very clear (And not unreasonably so) that I am unable to work nightly hours on several occasions. While I appreciate that I have not been the most consistent employee in the span of these two placements ONLY in that I have not stayed very long, I believe what I have offered is excellent communication, a willingness to work and absolute punctuality and reliability in that I have always been where they have wanted me to be at the exact time. I haven't caused trouble and I believe despite not particularly caring much for these placements my work was satisfactory. These are traits I don't believe should be so casually and passively thrown away. I only consider myself a former employee because my attempts at communication with TBC have been completely unsuccessful.

Advice to Management

Ultimately I have been left feeling like because I have not committed my very life and soul to otherwise two very casual placements, I have been almost entirely excommunicated despite a willingness to continue business with TBC. Its almost an understatement that a stronger dialogue between agency and worker would go a long way for TBC, because their current practices do not inspire loyalty whatsoever, or so has been my experience.

"they dont do their work ."

I worked at The Best Connection part-time

Pros

You can decide when to work.

Cons

I never got a payslip in all the time working for them. Now I am triying to get from them my p45. I am calling, sending emails and nothing. It is like a nightmare.
    While working with them I met other people in the same situation, everyone leaves this agency.

Advice to Management

DO YOUR work.

8. "Good but."

Pros

Lovely staff, lovely staff, lovely staff

Cons

Low pay for what the work entailed, no compassion from management towards their own staff

Advice to Management

Pay the staff a decent wage

9. "Professional"

Current Employee - Security Support Associate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Security Support Associate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I have been working at The Best Connection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly skilled personnel who is also helpful and friendly.
    Accurate job matches with multiple choices for the employee.
    Fair treatment for all employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Invite employees to take training courses and gain qualifications.

10. "Sorter"

Former Employee - Sorter in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sorter in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at The Best Connection part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros, they are just a waste of time

Cons

They said they were happy with me doing my job properly, but when my assign finished as it was temproray, they started giving bad reviews for me to other agencies, they were acting rude, they shout at me, and they are disrespectfull. Dont waste your time and your chances with this agency.

Advice to Management

Be polite and select your staff better