The Best Connection Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
The Best Connection Chairman Andrew Sweeney
Andrew Sweeney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall experience positive however not entirely."

I worked at The Best Connection full-time

Pros

The work I have received has been as advertised so far in that it has been consistent, full time hours and ongoing work. My pay was also always correct and my payslip was consistently on time. For a time I was also frequently contacted with offers.

Cons

While I have left both of my placements with TBC for personal reasons, my first placement left me concerned with how much background information TBC gathers before sending their staff to businesses - I experienced frequent passive aggressive hostility from my other colleagues in the span of the two weeks I was there, workplace discomfort being the reason I left, and my only interaction on the part of TBC was a TEXT at the end of the working week telling me to return the following week. I also felt this placement was below the skill level I was offering. Since leaving my second placement which was for less concerning reasons as I had simply found work closer to home, I have heard nothing from them despite several non consecutive calls to their office asking for work and being told that I was being put forward for roles that I have since heard nothing about, other than very offhand feeling offers for single occurrence night work despite having made very clear (And not unreasonably so) that I am unable to work nightly hours on several occasions. While I appreciate that I have not been the most consistent employee in the span of these two placements ONLY in that I have not stayed very long, I believe what I have offered is excellent communication, a willingness to work and absolute punctuality and reliability in that I have always been where they have wanted me to be at the exact time. I haven't caused trouble and I believe despite not particularly caring much for these placements my work was satisfactory. These are traits I don't believe should be so casually and passively thrown away. I only consider myself a former employee because my attempts at communication with TBC have been completely unsuccessful.

Advice to Management

Ultimately I have been left feeling like because I have not committed my very life and soul to otherwise two very casual placements, I have been almost entirely excommunicated despite a willingness to continue business with TBC. Its almost an understatement that a stronger dialogue between agency and worker would go a long way for TBC, because their current practices do not inspire loyalty whatsoever, or so has been my experience.

2. "they dont do their work ."

I worked at The Best Connection part-time

Pros

You can decide when to work.

Cons

I never got a payslip in all the time working for them. Now I am triying to get from them my p45. I am calling, sending emails and nothing. It is like a nightmare.
    While working with them I met other people in the same situation, everyone leaves this agency.

Advice to Management

DO YOUR work.

3. "Good but."

Pros

Lovely staff, lovely staff, lovely staff

Cons

Low pay for what the work entailed, no compassion from management towards their own staff

Advice to Management

Pay the staff a decent wage

4. "Professional"

Current Employee - Security Support Associate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Security Support Associate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I have been working at The Best Connection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly skilled personnel who is also helpful and friendly.
    Accurate job matches with multiple choices for the employee.
    Fair treatment for all employees.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Advice to Management

Invite employees to take training courses and gain qualifications.

5. "Sorter"

Former Employee - Sorter in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sorter in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at The Best Connection part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros, they are just a waste of time

Cons

They said they were happy with me doing my job properly, but when my assign finished as it was temproray, they started giving bad reviews for me to other agencies, they were acting rude, they shout at me, and they are disrespectfull. Dont waste your time and your chances with this agency.

Advice to Management

Be polite and select your staff better

6. "Middle of the road, But don't expect too much progression unless you're with the "IN" crowd"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at The Best Connection full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Training at HO was always worthwhile and gave you a good opportunity to mix with people from other branches. This led to many a hot lead opportunity. You will go away from these residential training courses having learnt something.

Cons

Commission structure meant the goal posts move on a monthly basis, so really you only gained commission every other month through the traditionally "quiet" periods in the year.
    Recruitment consultants not allowed computers. EVERYTHING is done on paper cards and pi boards. Quite embarrassing speaking/meeting potential clients and they ask for your email address.
    No additional payment for being on call. Challenged this many a time only to be told, "That's what you get your commission for". - Regularly rang from 6am onwards Saturdays and Sundays but never entitled to any time off in lieu despite the fact you could have been making calls all day.

Advice to Management

42.5 hour working week
    Sort out the issue of consultants not having constant access to computers/email. The paper card system was outdated when i left 5 years ago so i dread to think the state of it now.
    Sort out the commission structure. The consultants in branch are the ones that gain clients and retain customers. These are the people who make your money. Don't take away from them to line your own pockets. Set out a fixed target/percentage and leave it there. Having to make "x" amount over what you did the previous month to earn the same or less commision is not an incentive to work your socks off.
    Branch managers being paid almost twice as much as consultants but refuse to take or even help out with on call phones.

7. "Agency Work"

Pros

Offered work frequently, currently on a on-going assignment with no end in sight.

Cons

Nothing at the mo ment

8. "TBC"

Current Employee - VNA Reach Truck Driver in Shirebrook, England (UK)
    Current Employee - VNA Reach Truck Driver in Shirebrook, England (UK)

Pros

Full-time job, 1 hour brak

Cons

Any benefitts, any bonuses, it is not job from Monday to Friday, salary

9. "Picker"

Current Employee - Picker in Leyland, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Picker in Leyland, England (UK)

I have been working at The Best Connection part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy and fast to get used to the job.

Cons

A lot of shift cancellations every week. Hard to reach the spot. Unending illness state.

Advice to Management

Take more people for shifts.

10. "Picker Warehouse- Sports Direct"

I worked at The Best Connection full-time

Pros

Paid every week
    40h per week

Cons

dead end job
    no respect for people