The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 8, 2019

2.9
Rich Johnson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "In the wintertime, if the weather is bad (snow, sleet, freezing rain) we'll get a two-hour delay, or we'll be able to work from home" (in 11 reviews)

• "We all strive to provide our customers with Great Customer Service" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The landscape changes constantly and upper management is making changes to keep up with it" (in 23 reviews)

• "Over the last several years like many others the company has gone through a lot of changes" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Warren buffet is watching!"

Former Employee - BDC Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - BDC Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What a great experience! Top notch training lori rocks! Great pay benifits and perks. I'll never forget my time in New York!! Treated like a king. My classmates we're fantastic from all over.the country even the drive to the plush office was a treat. If you get the chance bring your A game and stay on top of it you will be glad you did. Can tou tell I enjoyed my experience with the Blue book Construction Network. It truly is a wonderful place to work with people who really do care. Thank you! Best always!

Cons

Too many bagels not enough cream cheese

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Best wishes.to continued success!

"Playground/unprofessional supervisors"

I have been working at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1/2 Friday’s during summer 401k and winter policy

Cons

Unprofessional supervisor thinking their staff are 2 year old children and disruptive to the rest of the wing talking every directive out loud instead of in an e mail. Doing non work related tasks during work hours on a constant basis.

Advice to Management

Please hire supervisors that can be professional and not treat the people under them as if they are two year olds. That department knows more than the supervisor. Sad that coworkers have to work like this.

"This is a very generous company"

Pros

This company constantly gives to its employees whether its ownership shares, adding to our retirement, breakfasts, lunches, wellness events, christmas bonuses, wellness walks, holiday treats left on our desks, competitions (with prizes) and many other events .

Cons

This company undervalues employees who put in an enormous amount of work at times due to middle management not being present to see and reinforce good work ethic

Many employees do not appreciate and overlook the generosity and kindness of the company.

Advice to Management

Lessen the giving of free lunches, prizes, breakfasts and put that money into giving the underpaid employees decent salaries for their hard work. Also, lessen the free items because it is under appreciated and taken advantage of by many.

Allow for employees to give anonymous reviews of their managers so that upper management can become aware of either the lack of availability/effort of the managers or whether they are performing admirably to their very well paid job title.

4. "Great Training"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Contractors Registry (The Blue Book) offers world class training at their headquarters in New York. They treat new hires like family and the envirnoment is conducive to learning and bonding with your new teammates. Our trainer was amazing.

Cons

Some technical issues our first few days slowed down training.

"Bye bye"

I worked at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time

Pros

The Benefits are very good .

Cons

To many to list and no one listens anyway.

Advice to Management

Good luck

"Yearly Evaluation for Management...... "UNSATISFACTORY" !!!!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive Manager

Pros

Good benefits, work from home, good income and work with a great manager and group of people, and I love my customers!! Customer service does a great job but should be paid more.

Cons

If it weren't for the people I work with, and my customers, I would have been gone a long time ago. If management continues to make poor business decisions, lack in technology, spend money frivolously, continuously blame the sales field for company growth if sales are not good, micro manage, too much paperwork for sales, intimidating people and on and on......I have been here many years and witnessed poor business practices that Mr. O'Malley would have never allowed. However, when the "baton" was handed down to RJ, things started to change and not for the good. Management can claim all day that we are like a "family", but we are not. If you are looking for job in sales, keep looking because Blue Book is really not what they claim. Money is not everything!!

Advice to Management

Upper Management, just RETIRE!!! The company needs to clean house and bring in managers that have a heart, motivate people, make better business decisions in regards to spending and making money and are less intimidating to the employees.

"Customer success"

I worked at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good work life balance

Cons

Horrible management, horrible president, they don't care about employees

Advice to Management

Managers should know more about their I'm departments

8. "Thumbs Up"

Pros

Family oriented, private employee owned company. Good benefits. My managers I had were passionate, laid back, and stood up for us when we had issues. Good HR dept.

Cons

Communication can be lacking. Every department seems to do their own thing instead of being on the same page, and same rules together which caused for many issues. Upper management would not listen to those who had experience in the direction B.B. is trying to go. Things would change every 6 months which is going to cause many issues as it already has for the company. Due to this, the customers are the ones affected, and has caused sales to have issues.

Advice to Management

Listen to those who are in the grind or sit at our desks for a day doing our jobs, and understand that it does not fall from the trees. And also see how the indecisiveness of upper management, and steering committee is what is causing the company to not grow more than it has. Why sales struggle. Why can’t get bigger customers.

Don’t keep giving all the programs away for free. Need to put focus back on design as this was a complaint from sales since sold platinum and promised predesign/Design to those GCs.

Focus on selling GCs since they have the money, but you can’t do that without design.

9. "Business Development Consultant"

I have been working at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, Flexible Schedule, Best Support Staff in NY, Amazing CRM and just about every sales tool you could think of and then some. Very innovative forward thinking company, always improving. Great work life balance, I do bring my work home and sometimes work 1/2 day on Sundays to prep for the week, Its sales, the work day is never really over.

Cons

Past business development consultants who didn't do their job right. Having to reestablish someone else's mess.

Advice to Management

Great Job in supporting your sales team nation wide!

"Former Employee “Owner”"

I worked at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) full-time

Pros

Half day Fridays .

Cons

I worked at the Blue book for more than 5 years. I recently just got laid off because the company has no idea what they are doing . Let’s make multiple new departments and then they fail . Let’s worry about numbers and not the quality of work. (Not so smart !) You should be firing upper management who makes these departments , and then they all fail. Not so smart RJ. I’m surprised you don’t know this as a business man. Also out sourcing is not a very smart thing to do. You need to give jobs to people in AMERICA USA! Not people that do not speak proper English and have really no clue what they are doing . So sad what you people are doing to this company . If Mr. O’Malley knew what this company is doing he would disown upper management. Let’s not try to sugar coat this either by writing good reviews to back the bad stuff up that is being said. Hopefully there will be no more people getting LAID OFF ...or more like who will be the next Department to get laid off .

Advice to Management

Get rid of DEPARTMENT Managers that are not needed and that are making way too much money that worked for DODGE! That company has failed! Stop making poor decisions.