What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low for what may be expected of staff" (in 100 reviews)
- "when i worked there is observed a lot of staffing issues and also experience poor management." (in 95 reviews)
- "Very frustrating for the many managers and associates whose stores performed above average and still were not compensated for their service." (in 76 reviews)
- "long hours with unpaid overtime" (in 46 reviews)
- "I am tired of upper management changing every 1" (in 42 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Body Shop and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 1,875 of over 2K reviews
Updated Sep 27, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Sep 8, 2023Safety, Health, and Environmental ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWake Forest, NC
When I first got to the Body Shop everyone was really nice at the US headquarters. They paid my relo to move to the Wake Forest area. Gave me a laptop and paid for me to travel to the stores in the U.S.
The longer I was there the more i saw the cliques in each dept. No one would speak to other dept members. It was very high school like. HR was shady.
The Body Shop Reviews FAQs
The Body Shop has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 2,207 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at The Body Shop to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
63% of The Body Shop employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Body Shop 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.