Cover image for The Body Shop

The Body Shop

Is this your company?

The Body Shop

Add a Review

The Body Shop Employee Reviews about "great products"

Updated Nov 22, 2021

The Body Shop CEO David Boynton
David Boynton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "when i worked there is observed a lot of staffing issues and also experience poor management.(in 94 reviews)
  • "Low pay with long wait and many hoops to jump through to get a raise.(in 93 reviews)
  • "Very frustrating for the many managers and associates whose stores performed above average and still were not compensated for their service.(in 73 reviews)
  • "Long hours especially over Christmas(in 40 reviews)
  • "I am tired of upper management changing every 1(in 37 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of The Body Shop and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great products"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working for The Body Shop was a great experience that taught me quite a bit for a part-time retail position.

Mar 28, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products we were selling were great, pride is taken in the ingredients and company. My manager was wonderful. She works closely with all staff and led by example. Training on new products was always informative and beneficial.

Cons

The sales point to hit could be very difficult to hit and selling requirements for add ons were a hassle but is an understandable necessity for retail.

The Body Shop Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience of working at The Body Shop. We are happy to hear that you are proud of our product ingredients and the company as a whole. Equally, good management and training is something we greatly value, so thank you for sharing your positive experience with your manager. We appreciate that sales targets can be a challenge to achieve, and we hope that with an encouraging manager and supportive colleagues this can be an exciting challenge.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great colleagues, Appalling Pay roll.

Jun 15, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will work with great people and meet friends in your region. The free products and product testers you get are great swell as the staff discount! The in store events are fun and the products are such a good quality and fabulous to work with.

Cons

Every month for the whole 2 years I was there I was underpaid by a lot of money. I am still owed money and they don't seem to care about underpaying their staff. As pretty much everyone who is part time or not on a yearly salary (management only) is underpaid and it seems the body shop simply don't care. Never an apology and never anyone at head office to talk to.. only your manager can do this and they have 1000 other things to be doing.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the The Body Shop team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Could be great..

Feb 28, 2016 - Assistant Manager in Exton, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are great! The company as a whole has a great culture and strives to produce quality products that also benefit other areas around the world.

Cons

I felt that there was not enough support given from management. Also the company likes to give you the title as Assistant Manager but not the responsibility and you are viewed as another associate.

5. 1.0

Don't work here.

Jan 31, 2018 - Sales Associate in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- some of the products are good and it's nice that they're cruelty free.

Cons

- constant micro aggressions against people of colour - given targets every day, pushing you to sell sell sell products you barely know about (no training whatsoever on the products we're selling) to customers that can't afford it, told to just blag it when it comes to products (e.g. a customer saying they have severe eczema is looking for a facial cream, me knowing how bad eczema can get I suggest they speak to their doctor but management want me to sell them products that will probably make them break out just to reach the sales target). - very hostile work environment, passive aggressive mangers that use bullying and intimidation together (ganging up on employees) to get some weird kind of power trip. - no sick pay as a temp employee (which is probably illegal) - very unprofessional matter of dealing with issues in the work place.

6. 4.0

Working at The Body Shop

Jun 8, 2015 - Sale Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to meet a lot of interesting people and sell products that give back to the community.

Cons

Not a large costumer demographic of people who are of color.

7. 4.0

It was great.

Feb 15, 2015 - Customer Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are awesome and fun to use.

Cons

There were always thieves stealing things.

8. 2.0

"Assistant Store Manager"

May 9, 2016 - Assistant Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The products are amazing! - The ingredients of the products are great and the core values of the company make you proud to work there. -The discount was gooooooood!

Cons

-Just another shady money hungry corporation. -Strict rules -Was forced to pressure sell everyone that walked into the store, yet gained no commission or real rewards from it. -Daily sales goals were ridiculous and you were often shamed for not making your goal. -LOTS AND LOTS of morning and nightly paperwork, all relating to sales goals. -Almost everyone who works there is a " part-time assistant manager". Which comes with ZERO benefits. ZERO reward for pressure selling people into products. A bunch of paperwork and the responsibility to close and open the store. While, the manager reaps the rewards with their yearly bonus and company benefits... =No advan