Found 79 of over 2K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay with long wait and many hoops to jump through to get a raise." (in 96 reviews)
- "when i worked there is observed a lot of staffing issues and also experience poor management." (in 92 reviews)
- "Very frustrating for the many managers and associates whose stores performed above average and still were not compensated for their service." (in 76 reviews)
- "Long hours especially over Christmas" (in 43 reviews)
- "I am tired of upper management changing every 1" (in 40 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of The Body Shop and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "upper management"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Aug 3, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I liked the company because I was able to be creative. I had great hours and worked with great sale associates.
There is no structure or boundaries. They will hire anyone. Upper Management has no experience and has no direction. Do not waste your time if there is a problem with in the store because there will be no solution.
- 4.0Oct 14, 2014Shop ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Amazing products , awesome company values
Lack of communication between upper management and depts to stores resulting in confusing.
- 2.0Feb 9, 2014Store ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The product and the values the company stands behind is great. Discount on full price merchandise. Co-workers in the location I worked in are ambitious and make working there manageable.
Teaching stores to cheat the system on how to increase LYB sales instead of following company directions. Too many daily changes on promotions and visual changes and not given enough hours to complete task. Too many conference calls through out the week. Too many committees to learn existing selling behaviors. Direction from upper management is not the same message from DM and Area Manager. If you can't find it on Bodytalk you are out of luck. Computer system is VERY outdated along with the replenishment system. Too many stores closing in the Texas area and not enough opening or being remodeled, future doesn't look good.2
- 1.0Jul 19, 2015Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Customers are nice and pleasant. Product is good and easy to sell them.
Upper management is clueless and doesn't know anything. Everyone from district managers onward including HR are all power struggling and no one makes or supports your decisions. All the good managers have left. Upper management doesn't support the field. What do they do all day long????9
- 1.0May 16, 2022Team LeadFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKamloops, BC
Staff discounts, free products for staff with new product launch, entry level gets paid higher than minimum wage
Upper management doesn't care about the well being of the store staff especially when concerns are raised
- 3.0Apr 19, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Nice coworkers - Pretty easy job - Flexible schedules - 50% discount - Free products sometimes (5 pieces of makeup when you start & new products) - Good if you are interested in beauty/skincare/etc - Can be fun depending on coworkers - Great ethics and values even though they can get lost by upper management - Minimum wage is fine for what you do
- Management is pretty terrible - Upper management told us not to file complaints because they wouldn't get anywhere or 'get lost' - They treat employees pretty bad but act nice so no one says anything - Management is lazy and doesn't do their job - Any complaints about manager (they leave early, don't do work, treat assistant managers/team leads badly, etc, gets ignored and covered up by upper management) - Don't have a good chance to move up, its a part time job; not a career1
- 3.0Feb 23, 2013Shop ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Awesome staff discount - Fun promotions - Day to day working atmosphere is great - Love the products - The company does stand for some really good core values
- Expected to work many hours/days of over time with no compensation or days off - No consideration for work/life balance of managers - Support from Head Office is very little and upper management has a lot of churn and disorganization - Over the top sales targets and daily pressure to meet unrealistic goals without having the payroll hours and time to train employees properly2
- 2.0Feb 5, 2014Part Time Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
They have a great company values and provide naturally plant based products. The ingredients are community traded which provide incomes for many people around the world. It is nice to know that a cosmetics company is making an impact in this sense.
It is very difficult to move up in this company into any type of upper management role. The compensation isn't that great compared to other middle to high end cosmetics companies. The nature of the types of promotions/sales they run have changed a lot over the years. It seems as now they are becoming more and more desperate to make money that they run sales all the time. Business becomes very stressful and inconsistent because customers only want to shop when there are big sales. Their systems are very outdated and it becomes time consuming.
- 1.0Apr 19, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The only good thing about this company is their exceptional products. The causes that the company supports are also very good.
Took me 3 months and a lot of talking to upper management to receive my first paycheck! Training was non-existent yet they expect you to know and sell their products right away.