The Borenstein Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Gal Borenstein

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Graphics Specialist in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at The Borenstein Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The collaboration and the collective intelligence particularly from the CEO is the best I've seen in my career. The types of projects that you get to work on and the freedom that you get on any particular project is not something I've seen from many companies. Also, there is room for growth as I was promoted relatively quickly due to performance. You are rewarded for hard work.

Cons

Any cons come with the typical agency. Heavy workloads and tight deadlines come with the territory. Some people just aren't made for the line of work.

Advice to Management

Start thinking about more flexibility when it comes to teleworking opportunities.

"A real 'TEAM' environment"

Current Employee - General Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at The Borenstein Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Award-winning work, done by true professionals, is the result of a real 'TEAM' environment at Borenstein Group! Everyone has their special talents, but we all work together for our Clients so they get the best ROI possible!

Cons

Busy work schedule as a result of our good reputation!

"Design Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I had an amazing internship experience with The Borenstein Group. I was always learning something new and I was able to put my skills to use. The employees are not only very helpful but welcoming and highly skilled in their fields. I would definitely work for them again!

Cons

While working with this company, I have not come across any issues that stood out to me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work you guys produce!

"Left within 6 months"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at The Borenstein Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility and creativity within my role, benefits, salary and other employees. But- none of those things were strong enough to make me stay.

Cons

Upper management, time management, work life balance, and professionalism around the office. Everyday, I was unsure how the CEO would behave. Most employees lived in fear of him and/or losing their jobs. It was a toxic work environment to say the least.

Advice to Management

When people leave for the day or go on vacation allow them to have personal time. Employees shouldn't be expected to follow up on emails at 9 pm at night (or later) or PTO.

"Family Oriented. Respectful. Creatively Chellenging."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I like working in a place where growth doesn't come at the expense of the individuals.

Cons

Learning curve is high if you don't know technology marketing

Advice to Management

none

"They know what they're doing. Solid work product."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

The people. The clients. The creative environment.

Cons

Lots of Work. Not enough holidays.

Advice to Management

Love the new office space.

"The Borenstein Group-an Intelligent, engaging and adaptive agency."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Fairfax, VA

Pros

*They have high expectations and go beyond the call of duty with almost every customer.
    *They don't treat smaller companies different than larger companies, so you get to interact with a variety of client personalities and projects.
    *They do integrated marketing which means you get to experience writing, strategy and account management at all levels.
    *Mix of creative personalities keeps it interesting.
    *Insightful and use lots of good data to support creative ideation.

Cons

*Smaller agency, everyone can see everything.

"One of the best agencies on the East Coast and one I'm proud to have called my home."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Visionary leader in Gal Borenstein and an immensely talented team. Gal taught me everything I know and helped me on to great success in the industry. Couldn't ask for a better mentor or friend. I'd be honored to join forces with him again any day. Exceptional workplace that rewards creativity and smart strategy. Stellar work product. Great opportunities. A real gem of an agency.

Cons

Don't expect a free ride here. Gal takes pride in his craft and expects the same from his team. But if you're serious about living up to your full potential, you'll find great success and rich rewards at TBG.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, Gal. You've built something very special, and you've got a lot of big fans! Cheers!

"I found the experience to be very frustrating."

Former Employee - Business Development/Account Management in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development/Account Management in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Because we had worked with government clients - we had off all of the federal holidays. In terms of perks - I was given 3 weeks vacation when signing on - which is better than a lot of other agencies offer. Also because it was a privately held company that was run and managed by the founder/owner - the ability to do things differently from the mainstream was definitely enticing. There were some great people who I worked with who were trying to make a difference.

Cons

What was perceived as pluses - definitely also served as the things that were most wrong and frustrating. There was no process or logical reason for why things were done the way that they were, other than that is what the owner wanted which never felt right ethically. The people who I worked with lived in constant fear of losing their jobs if they did ever crossed paths with what had been set up as the status quo. As such a lot of things that could have resulted in positive change were never long lasting.

"Good company for first exposure to a firm setting"

Pros

-You will leave with a full understanding of how a marketing firm functions
    -Employees are very nice and helpful
    -Exposure to client relations
    -Flexible schedule, fun environment

Cons

-Unpaid
    -Some days are slower than others

The Borenstein Group Response

Aug 21, 2016

Borenstein Group is thrilled you had a great internship experience. Our goal is to allow interns to learn how the real world works from day one.Most of our former interns report they are much more ... More