The CBE Group Human Resources Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

The CBE Group Human Resources Recruiter Reviews

Updated Dec 22, 2016

Found 2 reviews

3.5
The CBE Group CEO Thomas R Penaluna (no image)
Thomas R Penaluna
  1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The CBE Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They care about their employees...they are all about culture

Cons

They are not good at managing their financials and tend to lay off higher positions to save a dime.

The CBE Group2016-12-22

"Department was a joke, but as a whole a great employer"

Former Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Cedar Falls, IA

I worked at The CBE Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most departments that I worked with were wonderful. I worked with the IT, Organizational Development (Training), Accounting, and Command Center departments on a daily basis and nearly everyone was wonderful to work with. They do believe in a very friendly, hard-working environment. The communication from a few of the department heads was a bit lacking from time to time, but that was strictly because of how quickly... they are expanding, and not a lack of effort. The pay was... sufficient. In a recruiter position, and nearly all salaried positions there is a chance for bonus, but as the fine print states it is "up to". The benefits were okay.

Cons

I was hired as a recruiter in the Human Resources department, which as an experienced recruiter from a different company kind of caught me off guard since it was disclosed in any of the 3 interviews I had. One interview on the phone, one interview via Skype, and then finally one at their Cedar Falls office. In the interviews I was told I would be doing 70-80% recruiting and 20-30% "special projects". In reality I... spent 60-70% doing secretarial work (W-2s, I-9s, background checks, setting up drug screens, criminal background checks, etc, etc) and 20-30% recruiting. The other 10% was utilized a few job fairs we went to, and other random things. I was told they wanted someone to come in and help make some changes, and anytime I brought something up, it was brushed off. Training didn't exist in my position, which based on some of their weird, off the wall procedures, is a complete joke.

Advice to Management

Consider re-writing the job description for your recruiter so it discloses that there will be so much HR based work included, or at least disclose it in the interview. It was a true disappointment that the one department that is off is the one that is supposed to keep the rest in line.

The CBE Group2014-11-12