The CBE Group "no one" Reviews | Glassdoor

The CBE Group Employee Reviews about "no one"

Updated Oct 10, 2019

2.9
The CBE Group CEO Thomas R Penaluna (no image)
Thomas R Penaluna
Pros
  • "Great people, Many opportunities, Fair pay(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one knew what they were doing, would make it harder to communicate(in 6 reviews)

• "Typical call center drama among employees(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "no one"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Was fine"

I have been working at The CBE Group

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, indoors.

Cons

No one knew what they were doing, would make it harder to communicate.

Advice to Management

Please actually talk to us instead of sucking up to the big wigs.

The CBE Group2019-09-18
  2. "Because we need the money"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at The CBE Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the people I work with, the work we do for our client is awesome, we get paid a decent amount.

Cons

Things change constantly. No one is on the same page. TCs stand around talking instead of actually helping. Favoritism. Get on shift probation for using PTO.

Advice to Management

Get a suggestion box. So many of your employees have the same ideas on how to make things run better. Also maybe some sort of reward system. Negatives are punished but positives are not even acknowledged.

The CBE Group2019-07-03

"Collector"

Former Employee - Collector

I worked at The CBE Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work itself is fine.

Cons

Too many. Company is more concerned with their bottom line. You're just a warm body in a seat. Policies aren't universally enforced and change all the time. No one stands up for anyone. It's high school with a paycheck.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention. Corporate values are not being practiced.

The CBE Group2018-09-08

"Fraud Investigator"

Current Employee - Fraud Investigator in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at The CBE Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They allow you to make up missed time within the same week.

Cons

Horrible training and work ethic. Have you working at a rate of $10.75 an hour when you're supposed to still be learning in a 5 week training program. No one knows what they're talking about, get different answers constantly. Takes a whole month just to get paid for 2 weeks. No pay raises unless you apply and get advancement. You don't just get promoted. Very strict attendance policy. Benefits are shotty to say... the least. No breaks during the 8 hr shift. But you can get up to use restroom if you have to. You have to wait 90 days to use any benefits or time off. Call center is pretty dirty and is a depressing environment. Later on the company is planning on having people share desks and use lockers for all personal belongings. No cell phones or pens/ paper allowed. Lots of work and things they expect you to remember for little pay! Definitely the worst call center and company I've ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get it together and stop treating employees so badly. There are better companies and better paying call centers out there.

The CBE Group2017-12-26

"Fraud Analyst"

Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Analyst in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The CBE Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was decent, after an unexpected raise site-wide. Co-workers were great, most people were down to earth. Most management was great. Not a bad job at all. Better than 7/10 call centers. It is a regular call center environment with shift bids, common changes, and a couple of sups who do play favorites or aren't very nice. Not a bad place to work, not the greatest.

Cons

When you suddenly get in trouble for things you've been doing commonly for over a year and a half that no one saw a problem with previously.

The CBE Group2017-10-27

"Certainly Better Elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The CBE Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Training is about a month-long, so if you need a job while in-between jobs you can come on down and enjoy the show at CBE! Bread and circuses, bread and circuses...

Cons

- No one is accountable for anything. ever. - If you are capable of independent thought, you WILL be pushed out. - Mandatory schedule change approximately every quarter (employees are told schedule adherence is a key factor if they hope to score a better shift - this is false. CBE is so disorganized that they end up "winging" their protocol). - Management lied to EVERYONE and then hushed employees who questioned... their principles. They marketed their "revamping" of payroll as something POSITIVE. What they really did was convolute the SOP so much that most employees were either a) too apathetic to do the math or b) too ignorant to the slight decrease in pay. This is an issue of principle and frankly, I do not understand the benefit of working for people who lack a moral compass - After training, I didn't feel ready to take on the job and all requests for additional assistance were rejected - Nepotism doesn't just sound like a disease - at CBE, it is one

Advice to Management

You cannot bury your heads in the sand forever.

The CBE Group2017-04-26