The CBORD Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Jim Hoefflin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The people who work here are awesome (in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance is great--work hard, play hard type mentality (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management, new merger (in 8 reviews)

• Little to no training for new techs (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work and outstanding people to be around."

Current Employee - Implementation Representative
    Current Employee - Implementation Representative

Pros

You will have a flexible work schedule. Independent consulting service without the overhead and client search. Great product with outstanding support.

Cons

You will travel 80 to 90 percent of the time. Since the position is 30% commission, your vacation time is like a cut in pay.

Advice to Management

Review implementation structure to standardize projects and project phases to a more standard approach developed by the Project Management team.

2. "I feel both valued and valuable here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about this company is that everybody is willing to listen to each other, and constructive input is always accepted and considered even if it comes from other departments. The corporate policies foster a friendly and co-operative environment, allowing new employees to feel at home very quickly - which in turn maximizes everyone's productivity.

Cons

In my opinion, we too often operate on a 'slow and steady wins the race' philosophy - which has certainly positioned us well, but it would behoove us to go for the grand slam at times, rather than being content to hit singles all day long.

Advice to Management

While co-operation is strong here, I believe we still have some employee-specific skills and knowledge going to waste - let's continue to build solid internal communication so that we've exhausted internal possibilities and resources before we outsource any projects.

3. "Wonderful CBORD experience"

Current Employee - Training in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Training in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse individuals that work for and play hard a great group of people

Cons

No cons with this job

"southwest account manager"

Former Employee - Southwest Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Southwest Account Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

supportive to giving you the tools to be successful

Cons

location, thats all, none other, fine, happy

Advice to Management

none

5. "I learned so much and grew so much at CBORD."

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II in Ithaca, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist II in Ithaca, NY

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you like being busy and continuously learning and challenging yourself CBORD is the place to work. I worked there for 3 years and the environment and teamwork was unbeatable.

Cons

You must know how to multi-task and be responsible for your success and failures. Confidentiality is a must working with their high profile clientele.

Advice to Management

Keep being a caring and family oriented environment. "Treat your employees like they matter and they will"...You already know this tho, because you treated me great and had faith in me and with this I grew and learned more than even I knew I could.

6. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Avon, CT
    Former Employee - Sales in Avon, CT

I worked at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CBORD benefits from a superior executive management team led by an inspiring CEO, a 35+ year history of industry leading products and services and exceptional employee and customer loyalty. The firm attracts bright, energetic staff who are deeply dedicated to the firm's mission to provide top quality software and "beyond expectation" services. This yields customer satisfaction ratings in the high 90's and similar retention rates. Similarly, the company has an unusually large number of staff with 10, 15, 20 and 25 year service records; it is a great company to join and a difficult company to leave. CBORD does an excellent job promoting staff and allowing staff to move laterally to acquire new skills and/or accommodate for life changes like new babies, illness, relocation and the like.

Cons

As of 2013, the benefits package was nicely broad for a firm this size (500 range), but the employee portion of healthcare insurance costs was high due to the small number of plan participants. This may have changed since 2013 as management was aggressively working to minimize these costs.

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Other employees are great and become family- makes for a great work environment

Cons

Pay is not that great

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work here are fantastic, very invested in your success and become family quickly.
    Easy accessibility to senior management--have had many questions answered by them and can call or e-mail with anything that pops up with a timely response/concern.
    Work/life balance is great--work hard, play hard type mentality!
    Flexibility--manager always works with us for any time off needed, dr. apts., unexpected issues that arise, always understanding!
    Open concept floor plan and office--business casual atmosphere, not stuffy at all.
    Compared to industry/national average PTO accrual and offerings is above par when combined vacation, sick, personal and holiday leave.

Cons

It's all how you look at it--you can either focus on the positives or the negatives--in my opinion the positives far outweigh any negative experience I've had thus far in my career with CBORD.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and respect opinions of employees and good things will continue to happen as a result of that!

9. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Sales in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with CBORD longer than most. This company has grown and changed dramatically over the last year, for the better. New management brings new perspectives and new ways of approaching the markets we serve. That has been a refreshing and long overdue change. We have excellent products, excellent customer relationships and continue to be a very financially strong company that is well managed. I've had many opportunities during my time at CBORD to take on additional responsibility. Our customers are a lot of fun. It's been a great place to work.

Cons

Change brings risk, and some people are not comfortable being held accountable for their performance or having old ways challenged. If you're looking for a company where you can do the minimum required and coast through, then CBORD isn't a good fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge status quo, take risks.

10. "Sky is clearing"

I have been working at The CBORD Group full-time

Pros

A good benefits package.
    Management has been working on "fun" initiatives lately for the workforce to enjoy like free catered food and games.

Cons

As new management brings new ideas online there is always an inevitable sense of anxiety.

Advice to Management

Always keep an open ear to your employees