The CMI Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Thomas A. Stockton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Kind of a boring environment. But the leads were great trying to hype up the place with competitive games for prizes."

Former Employee - Collections in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Collections in Carrollton, TX

I worked at The CMI Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Bonuses for hardwork
    - Good work experience
    - Hires and train non-experienced people!
    - 15 min breaks and hour lunch

Cons

- Boring place
    - Angry customers
    - No cellphones, nothing on our desks. (Whaat?)
    - Restrooms are nasty. NASTY.
    - Micromanagement (They really want payments geesh.)

Advice to Management

Be more understanding and you'll have agents actually enjoy their job and want to work for you. Nobody wants to work for somebody being pushy. This place is fairly nice, it's for people who can handle the job of stress and complete focus, but it can be better if the management overall could just chill. Life is beautiful. Be kind and enjoy the silly manager position. Make this place a good place hm?

2. "Predictable Work, Unprofessional Work Environment"

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Carrollton, TX

I worked at The CMI Group part-time

Pros

The office is fairly nice. I remember going through a few weeks of training. I liked the trainer a lot. If my supervisor was half as congenial as the trainer was, I suspect I wouldn't have as much of a negative memory of the CMI group.

Cons

The work environment was very competitive, which is to be expected with a call center environment. You are made very aware of your performance as compared to co-workers. The problem is, instead of the supervisors being supportive and providing positive feedback, they often did the opposite. Further, they singled out the lower performers and poked fun at them. I found it to be very unprofessional, and it was the major reason I decided to look for other work.

Advice to Management

Train managers to foster a supportive environment, rather than one that feeds on an employee's fear of ridicule.

3. "An Okay Place to Work"

Former Employee - Debt Collector
    Former Employee - Debt Collector

I worked at The CMI Group full-time

Pros

Good hours. Long lunch and 2 15 min breaks. Health Insurance. Management plays music while you are working on the phone. Can eat at your desk. Worked with my college school schedule but is too far away.

Cons

Very strict environment, feels like Im in highschool all over again. Can only use the restroom on your break,not before not after or management will get on your case. Was told I could get a bonus if I met my $ goal for the month (which Im sure I did) and didn't receive it.

Advice to Management

Not to be so strict on grown employees,we are GROWN.

4. "Average Work Environment"

I worked at The CMI Group part-time

Pros

Potluck, Great commission, Biweekly, Great Team Leaders

Cons

Colleagues talking loudly in the background and customers on the phone can hear it all.

5. "So/so"

Current Employee - Escalations Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Escalations Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at The CMI Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Half way laid back environment. There is upward mobility (but only so much)

Cons

The company is shadey. Often makes mistakes with pay . Can be seen as an immature and "urban" environment

6. "Horrible Management"

I worked at The CMI Group full-time

Pros

They pay you for training

Cons

The management team is horrible. You sit in training for 2 weeks just to go out on the floor and your manager changes everything. They are bias and have favorites

7. "The company does not care about you."

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at The CMI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Umm, there is no pros about the company. Well they don't charge you to use the bathroom.

Cons

The whole company, they pay cheap, micromanaging taken to the Nth degree, only place you can have a little quiet time is the front lobby, no cover parking and good luck if the parking is full. You will have to park across the street. Hope it's raining, the healthcare is a joke. They don't even put that much into it for the employees, the HR software is cheaply done, they have signs in the 1st floor bathroom about not peeing on the floor Ave seats and flushing the toilets and not allowed to use the 2nd floor bathroom, call center people will get in trouble for being one minute late. For the longest time the clock did not work, the CIO is extremely negative almost about everyone and everything. He thinks he knows everything,HR is a big fan of Texas being a work at will state. Watch yourself when you put your notice in. They can just walk you. That way they don't need to pay you your two weeks and Pto. Which you only get half of that when you quit. Make sure you take your pto before you put your notice in.

Advice to Management

No point in given them advice bc they don't care about you.

8. "Dynamite place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at The CMI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are great!! Lot's of teamwork!!! The training and support are phenomenal. I worked as a Temp. I would definitely like to be a full-time employee.

Cons

I didn't find any cons to working with CMI. The staff was so helpful and supportive. Always available to help !!!

Advice to Management

Management supports employees whether one needs help or encouragement

9. "Not So Dynamite"

I worked at The CMI Group full-time

Pros

You have a chance at making extra money for the month.

Cons

In training they tell you about how much business they are starting to get and how much of a great company they are when all they do is take people's money that already needs to be taken. They tell you how much they care about the employees and how they'll do anything to make someone feel at home then some people to take it to literal and bring a blanket to work and get all snuggled up. You could be sitting on the phone with a customer and management will scream at the top of their lungs about payments like it's an auction. The only way you move up and obtain bonuses is lying to your customers in this company. You follow the rules and do everything correctly you will not get a thank you, youll get a QA with a bad grade and the guy next to you getting all those payments doesnt even get QA's because why would he if he's making the company money. Go ahead and get yourself a job here but don't expect a professional environment or support and respect from you Team lead. This place is a joke and whoever says it's "Dynamite" and gives it a completely positive rating obviously works for the company so you aren't fooling anyone but the numerous 16 year olds that you hire.

Advice to Management

Don't hire Gym rats that come into work on post work out energy. WHY do you leave new hires with experience in other call centers in charge of the ones who have been working for the company for more than half a year. You ask a question to your new hire supervisor they tell you something wrong and when you try to correct them they ignore you and proceed to ask another sup to help you.

"Save yourself and apply somewhere else"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Carrollton, TX

I worked at The CMI Group (More than a year)

Pros

- Gives you call center experience so after a year you can apply somewhere else that pays more.
    - They will hire just anybody (a lot of teens).
    - You can call in, show up late, or leave early occasionally and they won't really do anything about it.
    - Bonus are okay but they are always changing the qualifications for it.

Cons

- Management doesn't know when to stop motivating you to get payments, I had a team lead that made me lie to the customers just so I can get a payment. After the customer said 5 times they can't pay, my team lead still wouldn't give it rest. It's wrong with they are doing to people.
    - You'll get picked on by management if you aren't getting a lot of payments.

Advice to Management

Management sucks, all they do is lecture you about what you need to better. Never gives you any positive feedback. They only care about themselves and making sure the get a bigger bonus out of you. They don't care for your feelings or the customers. They have been known to make new employees cry their first week.