The CORE Training Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Ruby

1. "Head Trainer"

Current Employee - Head Trainer in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Head Trainer in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Core is life changing if your up for the challenge. If your on the sales side it's certainly not easy and not for everyone. Management will test your emotional commitment and work ethic on a daily basis. If you are able to rise to the challenge the money that can be made is limitless. Owners of the company are extremely generous and giving. The only negative reviews I have heard are from those that don't have what it takes.

Cons

In any competitive environment you will have those that can't hack it. An earlier review stated best. Haters are gonna hate. It's a shame those that don't make it here can't accept responsibility and blame the company.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Managing is tough. A great job done by all.

2. "I am Grateful for the Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at The CORE Training (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CORE Training has changed my life. I have worked at a lot of companies but never one like this one. We teach the best Loan Officers and Realtors across the country how to make more money, work less hours and save more money. This is done through accountability, structure, systems and strong relationships.

At CORE HQ, they practice what they preach. Working for The CORE I have made more money than I've ever imagined, I've paid off significant debt, I'm saving money and it's all done in less than 40hrs a week.

I am not saying that it is easy. I am held accountable, I am inspired, I am coached. I am expected to produce big results, and as a result, I do. You have to be pushed out of your comfort zone to be great. I am happy to not be content with mediocrity and pushed to reach my full potential. Thank you to Rick Ruby for changing my life and I'll be a forever employee as long as they'll have me.

Hands down best place to work.

I am so convicted that I would go as far to question the validity of the persons writing negative reviews. I don't believe it is a current employee. I firmly believe it is a past employee who is upset that they didn't take full advantage of the opportunity they were given.

I challenge you to google Rick Ruby and The CORE Training and see testimonials from students of Rick Ruby before you listen to a negative rant and believe it. If you are using these reviews to decide whether or not you should join our team, investigate for yourself before potentially making the biggest mistake of your life.

Cons

It's work! Sometimes I would rather be at the beach 😊 This would be blank if it wasn't a required field.

3. "Beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, Hours, and potential for advancement.

Cons

Family run business, and the owner consistently calls people fat, and talks down to people so much. The other review said that "the passion behind Rick is perceived wrong" yes it is, in their eyes. He treats people poorly on a consistent basis and there is never a ramification for it. The same person that wrote the review, is the same person complaining about him after he talks down to them. I have never been in a place that has so much gossip and is so worried about getting in trouble in Friday meetings.

The CORE Training Response

Feb 12, 2016 – CORE Representative

We are sorry you feel this way. All managers, HR and Rick Ruby have an open door policy and we invite you to come talk to any one of us to address all issues. We are committed to making The Core ... More

"The good, the bad, and the ugly."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros: work week is 40 hours a week or less and health insurance is 100% paid for. You can expect a raise after you make it 90 days; and then you will get a 5-10% raise at your annual review. If you are in sales, Rick will automatically love you.

Cons

Micro-managing at it's finest. Management intentionally hires people with little to no experience so they don't need to pay them substantially. It's not a professional work environment. It is a family run company. Less than 50 people. So they don't legally have to abide by many rules. They will not fire you (unless you are really terrible at your job)- but they will make people they don't like so miserable that they leave. Things are said here about old people, overweight people, and minorities that could potentially land us in a world of trouble legally. If you're overweight, you probably don't want to work here unless you want to be asked in a public setting when you're going to lose weight and criticized for your life choices. And if you're old, you probably aren't going to get hired. If you ever leave the company for any reason, you will be the next running joke for the next 5-10 years. It's a popularity contest, and if you can win that- you can succeed here. People are leaving the company to jobs that start with 2 and 3 weeks of vacation- here you get 5 days your first year. Getting sick is frowned upon and it can only happen 4 times a year. Good luck.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what we deserve, more holidays off (not scoffing when we tell you that's what we want), stop micro-managing and let us do our jobs, try to hold your tongue when the subjects of race, obesity and age come up, give us equal treatment, let us go home when we are sick without being ridiculed.

The CORE Training Response

Feb 12, 2016 – CORE Representative

Although it is every employer’s hope that everyone one of their employees has 100% job satisfaction, unfortunately, that is rarely the case. However, do not take any feedback received lightly and in ... More

"A very nitch market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time

Pros

Owners treat you well. You get comp days after travel vacation and a raise after 30 days and usually work less than 40 hours a week.

Cons

Its a super nitch market you sell to. All phone sales and not very warm leads.

Advice to Management

Keep the awesome environment.

7. "Haters gonna hate"

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time

Pros

I've been with The CORE Training for over a year. It's definitely a tough sales environment, not for the weak minded. You will get heavily criticized for bad results and heavily praised for good results. I can honestly say, "The CORE has changed my Life!!" I've made more money this year than I ever have in my life and I do it in less than 40 hours. There are amazing benefits that Rick Ruby and The CORE provide that a lot of these bad reviews didn't mention. Like that fact Rick buys groceries every week and keeps the kitchen stocked with food, so we can save money on lunch. The fact that our Health insurance and life insurance are covered 100%. No premiums to pay, as they've already been paid by the owners. Work hard and play hard is the view point around here.

Cons

There are some cons, as this is a tough sales environment, but if it was easy everyone would do it. Most of the Sr Sales team will W2 close to 100K. The Friday Meetings are a little rough, but if you are doing you job, making sales, and getting your phone time, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

If you want a safe space go to Food Lion and make minimun wage!

Advice to Management

Keep up the Great Work! You're changing people's lives with your business coaching and budgeting advice. The CORE Staff and clients donated over $8 million dollars to charity in 2016.

8. "The Cult -Core Training"

Pros

Some good business tips and though old and tired, they actually work.

Cons

The owner is rude, obnoxious and so full of himself, he compares himself to God. Really! He will insult anyone and has a thing for OLD people and FAT people and brings it up every chance he gets. It's quite weird. Anyway he has a mouth that never stops and it runs at a 7th grade level. Then calls himself a successful businessman and lover of Jesus. If I were you I would actually read what Jesus says and try to practice his teachings.

Advice to Management

Retire OLD Man, you stuff is old and tired.

9. "Life Changing"

I have been working at The CORE Training full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My life- not just at work but at home- has improved drastically after moving to The CORE Training.

I come home happy, not stressed and depressed! I enjoy my work, the environment, the company culture of self improvement and always moving forward. My coworkers are helpful, supportive and a joy to be around. The work I am given is meaningful and important. As cheesy as it may sound I actually feel like I am making a difference here. I never knew that a job could be such a life changing experience.

It's a great fit for me and I would highly recommend working here to anyone I know. If a position ever opens up and I know of someone who would be a great fit, I would tell them to jump at the chance to work here.
    My previous job, while challenging at times, became monotonous and unfulfilling. It was a dead end with no room for growth. There was no sense of community and after several downsizing episodes company moral was at an all time low. It was a revolving door.

Accepting this job was one of the best decisions I made in my life.

Cons

If you don't want change, if you don't want to be motivated, if you don't believe in self improvement, if accountability and personal responsibility scare you, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace self improvement and growth. Listen to- and consider implementing!- the ideas that people present. You have some smart cookies working for you!

10. "Best Company to work for"

Pros

I have been with this company going on 6 years. I have double my income, if not I always grew 20% in income, I work 40+ hours as my own choice, I paid of 15k in credit card debt, Im heavily invested int he stock market, just bought a great car and a new house. This is all because of the company I work for and the owners. I like to say I am in debt to them forever for giving me the opportunity that I have here.

Unlimited amount of income, they provided food daily and sometimes buy us meals, we have parties, huge Christmas parties, bonuses if goal is hit, always getting raises, 401k, benefits paid for, vacation paid for.

The passion behind Rick is incredible but also perceived wrong

I will be honest. If you are not looking to self improve inside and outside of work then this company is not for you. They strive to make you a better all around human being. If your not that person to hit all time goals. Chucky Cheese is hiring right down the street.

Cons

Management is tough but its to make this company be great and it is.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all that youdo