The CSI Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Rafe Sanson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great, high-energy work environment" (in 9 reviews)

• "Decent Pay for Payroll Department" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "CSI appreciates a work/life balance and is flexible and accommodating" (in 4 reviews)

• "I left a FULL TIME job, to now be unemployed as of Dec" (in 5 reviews)

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

"work hard, play hard" - hard work doesn't go unnoticed, and health is a high priority here. With a gym, personal trainer, yoga instructor, running coach, and other outlets to improve your health are always at your finger tips, which is SO important in your work life. Fun & motivating (and competitive) work environment too! We spend a lot of time here, so we are like family. As long as you have a good work ethic and a positive mindset, you WILL be successful.

Cons

Staffing in general is not a 9-5 lifestyle, so always working, BUT it is rewarding! CSI appreciates a work/life balance and is flexible and accommodating.

2. "HCC coder for Optum"

Current Employee - HCC Coder in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - HCC Coder in Remote, OR

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed hours on this placement

Cons

You’re furloughed in early months of new year.
    Placement company takes huge chunk of your salary

Advice to Management

Charge a one-time fee for placement

"The CSI Companies is a better place to work. Slackers... need not apply."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CSI takes a holistic approach to ensuring people are the priority. As leaders in the "People Business", CSI clearly makes a daily efforts to look inward first, providing tools to succeed and encouraging a healthy work environment, taking into consideration the well being of each individual. Happy, healthy people creates a productive environment. That mindset is clearly stated and easy to feel when walking through the bullpen.

Cons

Cons are relative to ones own perspective. Perhaps I drink the hypothetical Koolaid, or perhaps it's just that great at CSI. Never hurts to find out for yourself. From where I sit, no cons to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Small and large gestures are noticed and appreciated and help drive the well oiled machine that we are.

"Not what it used to be"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve met some wonderful people & learned a lot many years ago. I will always be grateful for that & they are the reason I was able to give 2 stars.

I also know the sales and recruiting staff is great, and does right by the clients and candidates.

Cons

The company has changed drastically. It used to be a ‘work hard, play hard’ environment, where you put in the hours but you learned a lot and had great incentives to close good business. It has since become all about the money and as an employee I felt like just a number. Each year they gave you a “go get em” speech and “be patient for success” and “if you just buy in with us, you’ll be rewarded.” My direct boss changed 5+ times, they changed the commission structure to the point where the majority of the team left for something better, and when I stayed loyal and “bought in” and remained profitable, and just kept my head down and worked hard, my position was “eliminated” while new fancy people were brought in to take over the business I had worked so hard to keep. I am a loyal, hard working person who trys to find the best in each situation, and I was treated like a piece of office equipment. A piece of office equipment that brought in over 1.6m in business, over 6 yrs. The same things happened to many people I respect. It ended up being the best thing that could have happened to my career because I found a company that walks the walk when it comes to being a good organization internally, and treating your employees right.

Advice to Management

Go back to the good ol days, treat every level of employee with respect, and follow through with those go get em speeches that you give to your employees. I bought in, I was ready to keep working hard for you, and none of it mattered. The best companies make all of their employees feel valued, not just the ones who make them gobs of money.

The CSI Companies Response

May 31, 2018 – Social Media Coordinator

Hello, We appreciate your passion and loyalty you committed to The CSI Companies during your 5-year tenure. We would like to apologize for your overall review of The CSI Companies. CSI is constantly... More

"Great Company, Poor Biased Managment"

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time

Pros

Positive company-culture
    Coworkers feel like family
    On-site incentives i.e. gym, free bagels in the morning, happy hours
    Charity programs
    Team building exercises

Cons

Stress level - for the most part, the internal positions do not have much stress unless a big project is underway. But when the water gets hot it feels like no one is capable of handling the heat. Work-Life balance becomes non-existent. Long hours at the office just to play catch up on things that could have been prevented if people upstairs weren't trying to save their margin.

Management - a lot of times I've been made to feel insignificant and micromanaged, and if wasn't that, it was being given work where no direction or proper training is given. There was no consistency with how things were dealt with and there were too many instances where things were pushed through despite going against policies put in place. I also did not appreciate how people were let go in the last year of my employment there--mine included. There is no proper internal disciplinary process. You might get taken aside to be told "hey try a little harder ok?" with no way to track progress or follow-up on a goal plan to improve work ethic. And if you're looking weak and they need to let go of people guess who's gonna get a surprise at work on Friday? While I understand the terms of ending my employment, it was done suddenly without any warning. I can think of a better way to improve an employee's behavior and deteriorating progress before having to resort to deterioration. I am not sure if Rafe, the CEO, had a say in it but he was once an otherwise exceptional CEO. If he had a hand or turn a blind eye to terminating tenured and experience employee then I am certainly disappointment. Regardless, what's done is done.

Advice to Management

This company needs a more professional, streamlined, and accountable managing system in place. Disciplinary action needs to be in steps and with regular follow-ups in the form of quarterly or yearly reviews. Firing people just because its a good time and that worker was a weak performer is a real moral drainer.

There is a common factor regarding a certain weakness in internal management. I am hoping she has improved her managing skills immensely by now, but the Controller needs to dial back her position and maintain supervisors for the departments she micromanages.

6. "HR Rep"

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time

Pros

They have a quick turn around time for placing temp employees with clients.

Cons

It is difficult to get recruiters to contact you regarding issues or questions. They also tend to drop you once temporary contract is over.

7. "Very little management involvement"

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time

Pros

Great, high-energy work environment. Very competitive and fast-paced.

Cons

Very little management involvement which is great for self-starters, but also no coaching involved when improvements need to be made. Resulting in unexpected lay-offs.

"Pay sucks"

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Orlando, FL

Pros

Have some good companies as clients so possibly good opportunities

Cons

Terrible pay. Definitely not enough to live on. The only reason I stayed was the possible to be hired perm. It seems to be their norm.

9. "Core Values"

Current Employee - Healthcare IT Administrator in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Healthcare IT Administrator in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at The CSI Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CSI has an enthusiasm and work ethic like no other. Clients will always have a team built around their needs.

Cons

Zilch .

"Senior Accountant"

I worked at The CSI Companies full-time

Pros

you will meet some good people

Cons

no growth - no increments

The CSI Companies Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Hello-
    We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us at CSI or your experience working with our client. We're always open to suggestions. Best of luck to your future endeavors.... More