The Chartis Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Graboys

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

boutique firm so everyone knows everyone, friendly culture, Intellectually challenging environment, exposure to solving most challenging healthcare strategy issues at large hospital systems.

Cons

Lots of travel, demanding work, long hours

"Mission-driven work, brilliant colleagues"

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mission-driven work at the forefront of healthcare strategy. There is a direct link between our projects and patient care, and my colleagues share a deeply held passion for the work we do. Relative to other consulting firms, we seem to take on more interesting and impactful engagements. We don't really do cost work/supply chain/etc. and instead focus on things like clinical strategy/enterprise strategy/transition to population health.

Cons

We have been doing fairly lean staffing on projects in the last year, which can lead to long hours and heavy workloads. The upside is that younger consultants often get direct, enriching experience with partners. Management knows that this can present challenges, and is doing a good job of communicating how they plan to address this.

Additionally, compensation is not quite on par with other top consulting firms. The differential is small, though I suspect it grows as you rise in your role. This is a tradeoff I am willing to make, however, with the unique nature of our work and the wonderful culture we continue to maintain.

Advice to Management

The culture is a big draw, so focus on maintaining it. More work needs to be put into growing our brand at top MBA and grad schools. Continue to work on setting competitive compensation.

3. "Accounting Manager"

Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I worked at The Chartis Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company on the forefront of Management Consulting and IT Consulting in the Medical Industry. This company will make a difference in how patients, doctors and administrators deal with the complex health issues concerning the United States.

Cons

The company has a lot of work but not enough employees to cover all of its needs.

Advice to Management

Realize the value of your employees and make sure that they do not burn out.

"Pretty Good Overall, Company in Limbo"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the projects are very interesting, some of the people are very talented and reasonable to work with. For consulting, the work/life balance isn't terrible.

Cons

Some of the managers are pretty unskilled. The company seems to balance ability to play politics over people who have genuinely good management skills. Like any company, there are a few snakes. Also, the compensation is lagging the industry a bit.

Advice to Management

Seems like management has some degree of self-awareness about growth opportunities. It feels like they're trying to address some of the bad project experiences and reign in some of the rogue management. Also, they may be looking into compensation and trying to improve it. It feels like it took a while for management to uncover that there were some deep problems before they were willing to seriously look at things or make changes.

6. "Great culture, experiencing significant growth"

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time

Pros

Great culture. Mission-driven firm that truly lives by its values. Truly a privilege to work with my Chartis colleagues to serve our clients.

Cons

The firm has experienced tremendous growth and along with it has come the predictable growing pains. The firm leadership is still struggling to feel like a boutique firm while having a much greater footprint than it did in the past.

Advice to Management

Consider further growth in a thoughtful, measured, and purposeful way with a clear view as to the impact it will have on the firm's culture and our ability to serve our clients in more meaningful and comprehensive ways.

7. "Very slow to reimburse expenses and professional fees"

Pros

Don't have any pros to share

Cons

Very slow to reimburse expenses and professional fees

8. "Great People"

Pros

Some of the best "people" in the consulting industry - mission-driven and committed to each other and their work. Reputation in the marketplace is very strong and ever-improving. Great opportunities for anyone committed to working in and improving healthcare delivery.

Cons

The firm is growing quickly, and as a result people are frequently spread thin. Sometimes it doesn't feel quite the same as it used to when it was only 50-100 employees.

Advice to Management

You've created a great place to work and grow. Continue to focus on your people - competitive comp, benefits, and environment will keep your employees satisfied.

9. "Great Firm"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a fantastic place to be. You will be surrounded by thoughtful, intelligent, driven, and truly kind people. Clients are top-notch provider organizations across the country, and the work is very meaningful. I really feel like I can make a difference at Chartis.

Cons

Firm connectivity is always difficult with a job that requires so much travel. I feel very connected to my teams, but it is difficult to maintain constant communication across the firm. The firm's retreat and office days are always a great time to catch up with other colleagues.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you are doing. You have my full trust.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor II in Chicago, IL

Pros

Work/Life Balance
    Opportunity to work with the best in the business - excellent resources
    Opportunities for growth and development

Cons

Travel can be difficult if you have a family

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

11. "Senior consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Savannah, GA

I have been working at The Chartis Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chartis is a company with heart and compassion. They stand true to their mission and have more integrity than any company I've ever worked for. If you have a passion for making a difference in health care this company is the company for you.

Cons

I can honestly say i have nothing negative to say. This company spoils us rotten. They truly care about us and how we feel

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!