The Children's Courtyard Reviews | Glassdoor

The Children's Courtyard CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management is poor, People are put into the job with no training" (in 7 reviews)

• "Long days, low pay, lots of stress" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Pretty nice place to work"

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in Austin, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I felt valued as an employee, I appreciated there being a clear chain of command in the office, employees received discounted childcare (which was AMAZING), and it's always a blast working with kids!

Cons

The benefits aren't great (although they aren't terrible, either) and you're usually always at max ratio

Advice to Management

Hire more floaters who can step in and help some of the leads who don't have assistants.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given a choice as to what age I wanted to work with. They provide training and management and coworkers are very friendly. There are plenty of hours in the summer.

Cons

Sometimes they are short staffed and you have to stay extra hours. I had a schedule with a 2 hour break in between.

Advice to Management

Nothing really, they are very laid back.

Jan 7, 2019 – Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As a company, we strive to provide a supportive work environment that offers a development path for a meaningful and fulfilling career. We are... More

3. "Pretty Great"

Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If working with children is something your passionate about, then this is the place for you. CCY is really considerate of personal life and we have a great work family!

Cons

Mostly girls work there, so be prepared for some outbursts of drama at times but nothing too major.

4. "Low pay,stressful,biased management"

Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The corporate don’t care about the teachers who put in so much work

Cons

The pay is super low compared to the amount of work we have to put in and the stress we have to go through. The director likes to show off her authority and won’t listen to the actual concerns of teachers. The classrooms are always out of ratio and they are always understaffed. The school building is super old and really needs renovation.

Advice to Management

Pay the teachers more. Unhappy teachers means unhappy children. Director should stop playing favoritism and treat all the employees equally.

5. "This place is completely unorganized, directoris full of it and staff lies quite often to parents and during interview"

Pros

None whatsoever, I would say the equipment but it is outdated.

Cons

Low security
    Miscommunication among staff and employees
    Understaffed
    Low pay
    Unsatisfied employees

Advice to Management

Work on communicating with current and potential employees. A lady walked in today for her interview and I couldn't even help her. She asked for our corporate office's number and I heard them refuse to give it to her.

My advice would be have those conversations somewhere else.

Inappropriate conversations in front of the children.

They don't care about the children, just the pay.

Stop bringing random people around the children.

"Children's Courtyard, Douglasville Location Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher in Douglasville, GA
    Former Employee - Co-Lead Teacher in Douglasville, GA

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home and my children's schools, No weekend or night work, Facility is beautiful

Cons

The Director and staff close to her are unprofessional and rude. Uncomfortable work environment. Hired for one position and it was really another position of lower caliber.

Advice to Management

Replace the Director in my opinion. Years of experience do not equal customer service skills. Customer service does not just extend to customers you want to gain but to your staff you have. Dress for the position you are in. People should be able to tell who is management and who is staff. Adhere to the rules for all employees, not just those who aren't your close friends. Make sure your school is safe and healthy for all on a daily basis. Gossiping to teachers about other staff eventually gets back to that person. Be on time and speak to all your staff, have a listening ear and don't make it uncomfortable for them to come to you. Maintain the school. Bugs and spiders are all over the premises. Uphold the Learning Care Group name because at this moment, the standard of care at this school is below quality care. If you want to be a competitor in Douglasville, you have to be better than the already established school in the area. The top schools are Sunbrook Academy and Annawakkee Academy. Because people here are not familiar with the name, you have to work that much harder to bring your brand to the forefront and that includes quality care through quality staff and becoming Quality Rated.

7. "Children’s courtyard"

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time

Pros

Get to work with children

Cons

None really any cons to say

Advice to Management

Organization

8. "..."

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn and advance to a higher position.

Cons

Sometime the schedules arent great you most likely will have to work splits or have long days when people call out.

"Management is the absolute worse"

Former Employee - Teacher in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The children are so easy to love, and you have weekends off!

Cons

• Overworked for the pay
    • Management attitudes are so disgusting.
    • They don’t like to help, and love to ignore you when you call for help, because according to them, “everything is common knowledge.” Also they don’t believe in hands on training. They’ll throw you in a room by yourself within the first week.

Advice to Management

I’d rather not name names, but the entire front office needs to take a class on how to manage staff properly.
    •Stop overworking employees
    •Work on patience
    •Treat employees how you would want to be treated

Jul 27, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We can definitely agree that working as a Teacher in the ECE field can be enjoyable and rewarding when you get to see the children's bright and smiling faces every day... More

10. "Loved the kids, but not worth the pay"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Mansfield, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Children
    (Some) Parents
    Friendly staff
    Every day is different
    Flexibiliy

Cons

(Some) Parents, for example those who have children who misbehave but put the blame on others instead of working with the teacher to resolve the issue
    Low pay
    Managers pick favorites
    Huge kids to teacher ratio

Advice to Management

Don't over work your staff, put too many children in one room (even if there's two teacher and they are in ratio) sometimes depending on the children it could become difficult if there is troublesome group of children

Jul 27, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have not been having a positive experience as a Children's Courtyard employee. As a company, we are... More