The Children's Courtyard Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2020

2.7
The Children's Courtyard CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
Pros
  • "Teaching and working with children(in 8 reviews)

• "You make great connections with your kids and the families that attend the daycare(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is poor, People are put into the job with no training(in 8 reviews)

• "Childcare in general can be low pay, however, Children's Courtyard pays well(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Learned a lot"

4.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time

Pros

Learned a ton, overall great management team, the kids

Cons

Pay, Some Upper management/corporate people

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review The Children's Courtyard! We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience at your center. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging at times so we appreciate everything you do for the children and families we serve!

2. "Teaching job"

5.0
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at The Children's Courtyard part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment , kids , fun , easy , learning

Cons

Kids , messy, noisy, loud , pay

January 14, 2020Digital Reputation Coordinator

3. "ccy"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time

Pros

love the kids, and they give you uniforms

Cons

can be very stressful, overwhelming at times

December 2, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your experience at The Children's Courtyard. Thanks again for the review!

4. "Working at The Children's Courtyard"

Former Employee - Teacher in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice management. You get to know everyone

Cons

No consistency with the employees.

November 7, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thanks for the review. We are glad to hear you appreciated the advantages of working for The Children's Courtyard, and welcome your feedback as a former employee. As a company we are committed to providing a well-rounded, fun and safe environment for the staff, children and families at our centers.

5. "teacher assistant"

4.0
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time for more than a year

Pros

the children. they grow on you

Cons

the stuck up teachers that think they are superior because they’ve been there a week longer than you.

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Children's Courtyard is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. Thanks again.

6. "Awesome Potential"

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Spending time with the kids

Cons

They exceed the amount of children to teacher ratio and expect to keep the kids on a set schedule but its hard without the proper staffing. The teachers that's been there for a while are rude and make newbies feel unwelcome.

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to providing a positive and safe environment. The concerns that you have mentioned involving staffing and ratios are ones that we take very seriously, and will be noted for further action.

7. "Great Company!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Program Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement into various career paths are wonderful. Whether you’re looking for a teaching or management career path LCG works in developing strengths and supports their employees.

Cons

Sometimes feel a little under appreciated. Blood, sweat, and tears go into my building... it would be nice to get more acknowledgement for a job well done rather than phone calls about negativity.

October 28, 2019Digital Reputation Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review The Children's Courtyard. We are glad to hear that you have had an overall positive experience as a part of our team. We know that working in the ECE field can be challenging so we appreciate all your contributions to the children and families we serve. Thank you again, your feedback will be noted.

8. "HIRED FOR LEAD TEACHER"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Arlington, TX

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the Director and Assistant Director. Good pay for a Daycare Facility. Loved the children and the program.

Cons

I was hired as a Lead Teacher but never got to do this job. I was used as a floater and this was not my job description. There is always ONE person that wants to make your day a living hell. This person has run off more employees yet she is never dealt with by management. She is allowed to continue ruining everyone's day/week/month etc. Director just tells us to ignore her! Very sad that she runs off any good teachers that are hired

July 29, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with the children at your center. We are disappointed to hear your experience with Children’s Courtyard was not a totally positive one. The Children’s Courtyard is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment for everyone who works there. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding your co-workers are ones that we take very seriously, if you are open to sharing more details on your personal experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241, and we will ensure that your concerns are addressed. Thank you.

9. "Don’t think you’ll be listened to"

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at The Children's Courtyard full-time

Pros

I honestly can’t think of any

Cons

poor management, screaming children, and they keep classrooms at the maximum ratio possible to save money, so you’re often alone with 15+ 3 year olds. Work culture sucks.

June 24, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the feedback. This is disappointing to hear. The Children’s Courtyard is committed to providing a positive and safe work environment. The concerns that you have mentioned regarding those involving staffing and ratios are ones that we take very seriously. If you are open to sharing more details on your personal experience, please call our Employee Hotline at (877) 767-5241, and we will ensure that your concerns are addressed. Thanks for all you do to support the children and families at your center.

10. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Teacher in Kernersville, NC

I worked at The Children's Courtyard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff and students

Cons

Rude director, poor communication skills between management and staff

June 10, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with your co-workers and children at your center. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received from upper management. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

Found 92 reviews